The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting out Exporting with Amazon FBA

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
I liked your posts out of respect for the honesty.

You've already made tremendous progress in your business. Even though you're suffering from the after-Christmas hangover, I'm sure that you'll do great. Keep up the hard work.

Honestly, it's also due to me being so hangover irl that I haven't done anything since the new year lol

I might send out one last batch of inventory before Chinese New Year soon, and then go vacationing till the CNY's over & done with.

I juggle responsibilities too & it's not like all I need to pay attention to is my job, my business, & my family. Sometimes when I don't feel like it, I just let myself slack off a bit when it comes to FBA. I'll have plenty time to put in the hard work once I quit my job & get some other commitments of the year knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Very inspiring thread. I have been setting myself up to do this for over a month. I need to buckle down and focus on launching.

If you could give advice to someone just starting out, what would you say?

Where are you based in?
If you're in the US/Canada you can start with retail arbitrage/sourcing from domestic wholesalers/liquidising websites before you attempt to import.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Ok so recently the sales are bad but I'm pretty much still in my comfort zone, since I make $800 a month at work. Tomorrow is my next FBA payment day & it's still $500, so I'm looking at a monthly average larger than my salary. I actually need about $400 a month to live on? Or less, since I spend like hell normally for someone my age in China, bc that's just what women are like, lol

No but seriously I've been picking up the tab for a lot of household spendings since well, I'm an adult & living at home? Although in China it's normal to be treated like a kid well after college so long as you aren't married. Chinese New Year is coming up & I'm planning on giving family members Red Envelopes, it's something customary here that you give little children money sealed in the red envelopes on CNY. Usually someone my age still gets those envelopes w/ the cash, especially if they are the youngest in the family like I am.

I've had some inventory stuck in my bedroom since I just haven't been feeling up to packaging them. I had a lot to do just sorting my life out in general. Maybe this weekend I'll get some packaging done while watching Netflix. Netflix & chill with FBA, man.

I'm debating whether I should order some inventory for CNY... It does seem people search for those on Amazon, but it's a bit late this year now lol
I think I'll just deal out some Valentine's ads instead.

Waylon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2015
Where are you based in?
If you're in the US/Canada you can start with retail arbitrage/sourcing from domestic wholesalers/liquidising websites before you attempt to import.

I live in the US. Youre absolutely right. I will look more into domestic product and get started sooner.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Sometimes when I don't feel like it, I just let myself slack off a bit when it comes to FBA. I'll have plenty time to put in the hard work once I quit my job & get some other commitments of the year knocked out.

If you're slacking now, you're going to slack when you quit your job.

I haven't read your thread, but I did read the 4th page. There were 12 posts worrying about the amount of money you're making. 3 posts complaining about how you couldn't figure something out. And 2 posts where you thinking about maybe taking action in the future.

When you get to the point where you stop obsessing over the sales, and start obsessing over how to take daily action to grow your business, you'll be successful.

Always be launching new products. Don't get stagnate.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
If you're slacking now, you're going to slack when you quit your job.

I haven't read your thread, but I did read the 4th page. There were 12 posts worrying about the amount of money you're making. 3 posts complaining about how you couldn't figure something out. And 2 posts where you thinking about maybe taking action in the future.

When you get to the point where you stop obsessing over the sales, and start obsessing over how to take daily action to grow your business, you'll be successful.

Always be launching new products. Don't get stagnate.

Frankly, & I don't mean it in a sarcastic or antagonistic way, I'm going to slack indefinitely right now, & maybe pick up in the future at some point when I feel like it. Just don't feel like doing anything now & can't care.
Quitting my job in a month or so anyway, bc can't care & don't feel like doing anything at work either.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
I think I just tend to have entire months in which I do nothing. For example the entirety of October. It's just I used to zone out so completely I forgot to update on here either. 30 days sales dropped to $2,900.

Got someone contact me on Amazon about willing to offer reviews in exchange of free product. Too lazy to respond to that, whatever.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
30 days sales dropped to $1,600 & somewhat steadied around there.

I lowered the prices on two of my best sellers, since I found someone piggybacking on one of them & selling two dollars cheaper than I did; so I changed the price to the lowest possible out of spite.
Now sales climbed back up to $1,700.

Put up ads for the valentines product.

Sitting on inventory still. Not finishing up/sending out any new until mid Feb.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
30 days sales climbed back up to$1,800.

Another half-month automatic payment has been initiated & I'm getting $900 this month overall. More than my salary at my day job. I'm satisfied with that.

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Enjoying the festive spirit & drinking too much. 30 days sales at ~$2,200. Some valentines products sold out.

Ordered a little new inventory but not sending anymore out till I quit my job & have time to focus on it. Started doing the paperwork to quit. Quitting once the month's complete.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2016
Have a few items in reserve right now, not sure what that means. Guess just have to wait & see.

One friend liked the product & ordered one through the coupon. Also promised to leave a five star review.

Finding target audience & interacting with them on Tumblr have proved to be much harder than I thought. I have 4 followers on my account now. It is also difficult when so many of Tumblr's users are based outside of the US & therefore not very helpful to my goal, which is to host giveaways through coupons to boost sales rankings. However I do come across some Tumblrs set up specifically for brand promotion & I am trying to learn from them.

Working on gathering material to apply for the gated category & polish up existing listings.

Ordered new inventory good for selling generic.

Edit: grammar.

Noticed you mentioned getting reviews via tumblr was proving a bit challenging - has that improved? Or have you thought about using any review clubs? I actually review quite a few products myself using AMZ Tracker's Review Club: https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/ - might be quite useful to help boost sales and rankings if you're doing regular coupon codes to get reviews every so often.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.