The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting new Progress Thread after attending the Summit...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Update:

I've struggled with shiny object syndrome this year:

I'm finally getting rid of my Shopify business (selling it for a few k to fund another business). Thankfully I was able to find someone to take it over on a group chat I'm in.

"Biz 2" was a "Litigation Finance" based business. Basically where we helped accredited investors invest in lawsuits, and take a portion of the winnings. We are no longer pursuing this business. The business partners didn't work out, amongst other things. Don't go into business with your friends. I've been told this 10,000 times but now that I tried it for myself, I really know the answer. Thankfully we are still friends and that business that likely would have wrecked the friendship no longer is happening.

My sleep schedule is totally backwards, I haven't gone to bed before 6AM PST in weeks.

This has COMPLETELY turned around, now I am waking up at 6AM every day, going to bed by 11.

Right now, I have one business running in the background, one business that I'm working on, and one "side project" that I'm basically putting my weekends into.

Business one is almost fully automated. I have 2 VA's that run it, so it brings me money every month without me doing anything (besides putting out the occasional fire). This is paying my rent at this point, so I'm happy with it, and continues to grow albeit slowly. One VA was working on it full time (growth wise), until I poached him to work on this new thing lol.

The new company is doing B2B wholesale. I will disclose more details later. I have him doing all of the back end work, while I focus on calling, customer relationships, PR, and advertising.

The third thing I'm doing is leveraging another person's business, and trying to make a course to sell to others on how to do it. It's a local service based business. I am not going to be on camera, but we are filming this guy in order to put together a course. Leveraging someone's years of knowledge in an industry, and going to sell it to people that would benefit from it. This is my "weekend project."

In other news, I took a sales job at a mortgage broker for 3 days in order to learn some skills on the phone. I've done 5 years of phone support before this, so I would like to say I'm decent in talking to people on the phone, but this job gave me a little bit of an edge I didn't have before (a sales edge). Glad I did that.

Been continuously meeting up with new, exciting Fastlaners, and other entrepreneurs.

I'm on the right path, just have to keep grinding.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Wow! Solid update, especially seeing how you turned your sleep schedule on it's head. It's fun when we see that things can so easily change. Respect!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
It seems like every time I update this, I'm working on something different. The only reason I haven't made a new thread yet is because I want to be able to look back on this and realize what was going on during this time.

Working on the course for the service business (how to start your own XXX service business). Making strides. Re did all the videos with professional equipment. Re-doing all of the ad videos next. Been working for the guy for some side money as well.

Some shit happened with my VA's. The husband "left" the wife and stopped paying the internet bill, so they literally can't work right now. They are still trying to figure things out but I've stopped relying on them as much for the time being.

eBay account has been "restricted" for over a month now so no income from that. Been calling them every few days for an update, but I'm kind of sick of it at this point. Might just sell the account and call it a day with that business.

Tough times right now. Still grinding though. Once your desire to succeed is greater than your desire not to fail, then you win. I think I've reached that point... Don't care about much else in life at this very moment besides business (but still not skimping on gym/nutrition!!)

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Working on the course for the service business

Be sure to check out DotComSecrets and ExpertSecrets by Russel Brunson if you are going down the path of teaching.

Those two books are worth its weight in gold.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.