• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Starting new Progress Thread after attending the Summit...

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by GravyBoat, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GravyBoat

GravyBoat Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,870
    You leverage an accounts following by paying them to post your content. A percentage of their followers see it due to Instagram's algorithm in their Instagram feed (when they're scrolling through). You must do due diligence to make sure their followers are legit (buying fake ones is easy). You don't wanna be serving your content to fake accounts. You want targeted followers that are more likely to buy your product. Using sites like Instagram Engagement Calculator | Phlanx and YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, & Instagram Statistics - SocialBlade.com help you determine if they're legit. If you see a spike in followers quickly over time, that likely means they paid for fake followers. You want the engagement % to be over 2 or 3%. The higher the better, this means the followers are commenting and liking the account's posts. You want this.

There are also "engagement groups" that Instagram accounts get into, basically a big clusterfk of accounts trying to grow, so they all like/comment on eachothers posts. These are real accounts, but you also want to avoid accounts that are in engagement groups because again, the accounts seeing it aren't gonna buy from you.

Hope that makes some more sense. I absolutely hate social media in general, but instead of rebelling like I used to, I make it make me money. Somehow I get MORE satisfaction knowing that I'm actually MAKING MONEY from something I don't like lol.

Late Bloomer and sparechange like this.
  2. GravyBoat

Rep Bank:
    $2,870
    It never ceases to amaze me how no matter how different people are, if they're on this forum, we have a 99% chance of getting along like old friends.

It's also amazing how extremely successful guys like @SteveO and other successful people I've hung out with always enjoy hanging out with my 22 year old self who hasn't accomplished much in comparison. We simply "speak the same language" no matter what stage of the process you're in.

My mom runs the "Business Professionals of America" group for a local high school back home. The keynote speaker from one of their conferences was the guy who founded Roady's Truck Stops (https://roadys.com/). Guy is a billionaire. She approached him and asked if he would make some time to talk to me in the future. He blocked out 30 mins or an hour for a few weeks down the road. I drove about 6 or 7 hours to the corporate HQ to meet with him, just to shoot the sh*t and pick his brain (I was 18 at the time). We started talking, got into what I was doing, what he does, and this guy ended up cancelling the rest of his meetings for the day to continue talking to me. We talked from noon until 5PM. 5 hours. Of a billionaire's time. For my 18 year old ass. Net win for both of us. He loved it.

THAT is the power of the language :)

3. GravyBoat

Rep Bank:
    $2,870
    I proved to myself over the past few years that you become just like the closest 5 people you hang out with. That's why I'm hanging out with business people now. It was time to get serious and quit fcking around.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  4. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,042
    Thank you. That's very clear. I now understand how you hold your nose as you shovel in the money from promoted posts ;-)

GravyBoat likes this.
  5. GravyBoat

Rep Bank:
    $2,870
    Just to be EXTRA clear just in case you're thinking about using IG, the "Promoted posts" are actually "Facebook ads" run on Instagram. I also run Facebook ads, and through Facebook, Instagram-Facebook ads. These are different from the shoutouts I was talking about though and haven't had as much success. Shoutouts are done through DM (Direct Message) or email, actual Facebook and Instagram ads are a completely different animal. Let me know if you have more q's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not alot to update on Biz 1 or 2 right now, been working heavily on both. My sleep schedule is totally backwards, I haven't gone to bed before 6AM PST in weeks. Been working heavily with VAs in the Philippines to automate Biz 1 as much as possible so I can focus more on Biz 2. Biz 2 won't make money for a while but the potential is faaaar greater than Biz 1. Biz 2 we are creating a platform. Biz 1 I'm stuck in 2 sales channels (Shopify and eBay), which is okay for now but violates the Control Commandment.

I'm also kind of sketched the more I teach the VA's. The wife part of the team is very loyal, calls me sir, knows my credit card info, passwords, (yes I got a different CC account and changed passwords)etc but I rarely hear from the husband side of the team. His work is just fine, same as hers, but I feel like maybe he's realizing every part of the business and wonders why he isn't doing it himself..... you never know. For now though, they're kicking ass.

Biz 2 is going to be a long and tough process. I've talked to several people about it, and the industry is completely foreign to them. I guarentee it hasn't been talked about on the Fastlane Forum yet. We INC'd, have trademarks and provisional patents filed, but I'm limited on what I can share here because of the partners. They don't understand this place.

Once we get further I will do a detailed progress thread. Basically me breaking into a very new, unknown industry, all while not knowing much about it myself previously :happy::happy:

Late Bloomer and Hyrum like this.