The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

starting new from the military

zenken

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2019
Hi everyone, I've just read fast lane at 39 years old and am transitioning out of the Canadian Forces. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and can't say enough of how Demarco's content is a breath of fresh air. I literally listened to his book in two days and am going to be onto UNSCRIPTED next week. I gotta admit though, I feel overwhelmed. I have some capital and equity and am going back to University right now for Occupational Therapy or the "slow lane". I could use some help with identifying Needs that aren't filled in the market. I also feel I'm wasting time with this degree. Do I switch degrees to business? entrepreneurship? The military is paying for the education and i have tons of drive and I feel I'll still need the knowledge of running a business but I'm confused about how MJ slags his business degrees. I know if I use it for fast lane philosophy it can work but finding a more concrete start to finish formula eludes me. I know the CENTS principles but there's much more to a business than that. Any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rockit11

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 18, 2015
Langley AFB, Virginia
Hey Zenken, welcome! I've been to Winnipeg (really enjoyed it) and actually have worked with Defense contractors there that do work for the US military. What did you do while in the Canadian military?

zenken

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2019
Hey Zenken, welcome! I've been to Winnipeg (really enjoyed it) and actually have worked with Defense contractors there that do work for the US military. What did you do while in the Canadian military?
I was an aircraft mechanic on the Hercules

rockit11

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 18, 2015
Langley AFB, Virginia
Have you considered doing that kind of work as a civilian? Maybe you could think of things that would have made your life easier as a C-130 mechanic and sell that product to the military? Just a couple thoughts before totally going a totally new direction

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

zenken

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2019
Have you considered doing that kind of work as a civilian? Maybe you could think of things that would have made your life easier as a C-130 mechanic and sell that product to the military? Just a couple thoughts before totally going a totally new direction
I actually got quite jaded by the use of money and bureaucracy in the military after 13 years. My primary research and knowledge is in health and psychology and im in university for it now. Im also a registered holistic nutritionist so im always looking at ways to improve peoples health. i was thinking of a supplement company and was wondering about applying the story brand ideas from building a story brand by david miller.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...