The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO starting new from the military

zenken

PARKED
Nov 4, 2019
Hi everyone, I've just read fast lane at 39 years old and am transitioning out of the Canadian Forces. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and can't say enough of how Demarco's content is a breath of fresh air. I literally listened to his book in two days and am going to be onto UNSCRIPTED next week. I gotta admit though, I feel overwhelmed. I have some capital and equity and am going back to University right now for Occupational Therapy or the "slow lane". I could use some help with identifying Needs that aren't filled in the market. I also feel I'm wasting time with this degree. Do I switch degrees to business? entrepreneurship? The military is paying for the education and i have tons of drive and I feel I'll still need the knowledge of running a business but I'm confused about how MJ slags his business degrees. I know if I use it for fast lane philosophy it can work but finding a more concrete start to finish formula eludes me. I know the CENTS principles but there's much more to a business than that. Any advice?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

rockit11

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 18, 2015
Langley AFB, Virginia
Hey Zenken, welcome! I've been to Winnipeg (really enjoyed it) and actually have worked with Defense contractors there that do work for the US military. What did you do while in the Canadian military?

OP
OP
zenken

zenken

PARKED
Nov 4, 2019
Hey Zenken, welcome! I've been to Winnipeg (really enjoyed it) and actually have worked with Defense contractors there that do work for the US military. What did you do while in the Canadian military?
I was an aircraft mechanic on the Hercules

rockit11

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 18, 2015
Langley AFB, Virginia
Have you considered doing that kind of work as a civilian? Maybe you could think of things that would have made your life easier as a C-130 mechanic and sell that product to the military? Just a couple thoughts before totally going a totally new direction

OP
OP
zenken

zenken

PARKED
Nov 4, 2019
Have you considered doing that kind of work as a civilian? Maybe you could think of things that would have made your life easier as a C-130 mechanic and sell that product to the military? Just a couple thoughts before totally going a totally new direction
I actually got quite jaded by the use of money and bureaucracy in the military after 13 years. My primary research and knowledge is in health and psychology and im in university for it now. Im also a registered holistic nutritionist so im always looking at ways to improve peoples health. i was thinking of a supplement company and was wondering about applying the story brand ideas from building a story brand by david miller.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom