The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my social media agency

Anything related to matters of the mind

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Alright, i'm writing this mostly to remind my future self and as a start.

After doing research for days I managed to find the best business model for me which is starting a social media management agency (Which in the future i can turn into social media marketing) as it requires no money to start with and can easily expand into something big. And as someone who is from iran, who has no access to upwork, fiverr, paypal or honestly most of the website/services out there, an agency is something i honestly may be able to easily start.

Although i must mention that me being from iran does block me alot and sometimes It feels like i cannot reach success in it, but even then im still going to try because i'd rather give my all and fail than to regret not trying.

Another reason im putting this here is that im looking for advice or maybe any tips that could help me out. I've just been trying to connect myself with as many professionals as i can to be honest.

Thank you so much for reading, it means so much to me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Just looking at some of the wealthiest individuals from your country, there is a guy named Asadollah Asgaroladi who seems to export dried fruits, nuts, and spices. Maybe you can learn to make deals with local farms and manufacturers to help them sell their products to the rest of the world? Just brainstorming here, but I'm sure you could work out some deal where you can sell via consignment(you only buy the product once it is sold) until you make enough money to outright buy inventory.

Just another alternative. Best of luck!

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Just looking at some of the wealthiest individuals from your country, there is a guy named Asadollah Asgaroladi who seems to export dried fruits, nuts, and spices. Maybe you can learn to make deals with local farms and manufacturers to help them sell their products to the rest of the world? Just brainstorming here, but I'm sure you could work out some deal where you can sell via consignment(you only buy the product once it is sold) until you make enough money to outright buy inventory.

Just another alternative. Best of luck!
I like where you got that idea from, thats a really smart way. But the issue is that our currency is so unworthy at the moment that even if you have a business that makes insane money in iranian rials youre probably only making 2-3k$ per month which is why I'm trying to make an agency. Having 4-5 clients would mean i make more money than 98% of the iranians and even with 1k$ per month i could retire both my parents. thats why I even want to start a business because the current recession/inflation is the perfect opportunity. This does mean that buying assets like crypto willl be harder but at the same time dollar is exploding.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't know the applicable laws in Iran, but if you export products to say the EU, you should be able to trade entirely in Euro's. You can always exchange them for your own currency later on. When you do business with the world, you are not as affected by recessions, because you can sell to the highest bidder, and those bidders tend to come from countries with a stronger economy.

Thevsame can be done with digital marketing, but you are not providing something new or unique. There are tons of digital marketers because the barrier to entry is so low. Being an exporter in Iran? Much higher barrier to entry which makes it much harder to start but the potential to be more lucrative once you break that barrier to entrance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Update : Finally started doing outreach and started with twitter. Got some social media pages established (decided to name the agency socialkings haha) and have connected with other people who are starting their agency, so far so good! the only issue is that while i am starting an agency i'm currently working myself and dont have a team so im not sure if people will be fine with that since agency usually means a team.
Some other issues may be the fact that i dont have a professional email or a website up, just not sure if i can get one up for cheap in iran (And im not sure if there are places that offer website templates or not), so i hope that doesn't cause any issues. but you gotta start from 0 dont you?

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Posting another update, because.
Started to outreach and stuff like for a couple weeks now, been focusing more on cold emailing because thats where i get the most responses (already gotten like 4 and got on a call with 1). I've also started to offer two other services so now its : Social media management, Short form content creation and distribution and copywriting and i present myself as more of a person than an agency and its helped me get more responses. I'm also more focused on content creators and business owners (Perfect prospect would be a business owner who's trying to create content such as youtube).

I dont like to share goals but big goal for me is to make 1k by the end of the year and as a middle eastern, bro thats a lot. I think i can achieve it though. At first my goal was 100$ but i decided to 10x it.
I guess the biggest challenge for me now is to convince the people i get on calls with that paying through crypto doesn't necessarily mean I'm a scammer haha

Anyway, if anyone has any tips for me I'd appreciate them. Thanks haha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.