The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting My Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

morbius13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 24, 2023
Inspired by @Envision 's incredible success thread and other people here that actually took action I decided to start my own progress thread. I also think that posting my progress regularly will help me stick to the plan.

Almost a year ago, in May 2022, I realized that my life isn't going in the right direction and that playing video games 7hrs/day and relying on financial path prepared by government would not make me succeed. I live in eastern european country where avg monthly salary is $1,3k with inflation 17% so chance that I'm gonna get rich by slowlane is exactly 0%. That year I cut of all bad habits and started improving myself in any way possible (started working out, educated myself more etc.). I tried to do some freelance works as a video editor, but struggled with finding clients. I ended that year with whopping $1k made.

I spend 8-10hrs a day in school where I literally do nothing, I have to sit there just to have marked presence. So at the beginning of this year I started reading books in all this free time. I've read TMF a month ago and it fundamentally changed my perspective on wealth. Now I more exactly know what I will do to accomplish my goals.

I know how to code and I want to monetize it. I want to open web dev agency and for now make frontend websites for small businesses. I need to improve my skills a bit and I will probably be able to offer backend services too. I'm also working on my saas project on side. I'm not expecting to make six figures from it but I want to make some money so I will be able to leave my country asap and start working on something bigger.

MY GOALS:
My goal for now is to create a profitable business that will earn me some money so I can move out of my country and start something bigger.
I tried to follow this strategy on MJ's yt channel, but there are too many unknowns that I can't predict.

My life has become so brutally average and monotous that I can't handle it more and I need to make big changes in next months and years

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

morbius13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Mar 24, 2023
UPDATE:

It has been 2 months and I improved a lot in coding, but besides that I haven't done anything successfully. Around 3 weeks ago I came up with the idea of a web service that will allow users to customize apparel and accesories using AI (OpenAI api) and then order it. I developed it (I even implemented preview on 3d models to improve user experience) and failed due to problems with supplier and payment gateways. I'm underage and my parents won't create account for me in their name (and yes I know it was so stupid to not deal with it at the start of the project). But anyway, after all I think it was bad idea and it would fail sooner or later because of lack of control and low margins. It also wasn't providing real value to the customer as print on demand products would probably be crappy quality. But in general I don't regret it because I learned so much and it was a nice experience to develop bigger project for the first time.

I honestly don't know what to do now. I'm probably done with earning until I'm 18. I thought about developing an open-source project or a free library to gain more experience. 3 years ago I learned python and I forgot it almost completely, so I think it's a good idea to learn it again, because it's very useful language in terms of AI and not only. It would be also easier for me to learn it as I knew it once back. I think the best I can do now is learn as much as I can and look for better ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.