Lex DeVille
Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I've decided to give importing a shot and thought I'd track my progress here.
My day job is Debt Collections and is both time consuming and exhausting, but should be a good foundation for start-up capital and sales experience. I also have enough saved from my side business to get started with samples once I choose a product.
In the last few days I contacted about 10 manufacturers by email in China. One replied and agreed to a sample of 10 items for $315.00. I was ready to place an order until they informed me they require Western Union.
Now Its back to the drawing board to look for the next best thing.
One challenge I'm about to face is my wife joining the Air Force. We'll end up moving toward the end of this year so I'm not sure how that will affect things since I plan to be up and running well before that time. If anyone has any experience with running an importing or ecommerce business with a spouse in the military I would love to hear your challenges and how you overcame them.
My day job is Debt Collections and is both time consuming and exhausting, but should be a good foundation for start-up capital and sales experience. I also have enough saved from my side business to get started with samples once I choose a product.
In the last few days I contacted about 10 manufacturers by email in China. One replied and agreed to a sample of 10 items for $315.00. I was ready to place an order until they informed me they require Western Union.
Now Its back to the drawing board to look for the next best thing.
One challenge I'm about to face is my wife joining the Air Force. We'll end up moving toward the end of this year so I'm not sure how that will affect things since I plan to be up and running well before that time. If anyone has any experience with running an importing or ecommerce business with a spouse in the military I would love to hear your challenges and how you overcame them.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
