The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a Digital Marketing Agency

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Hey guys,

I decided to start a digital marketing agency with my brother @CrazyPusher in Germany.
We help Local business owners in Germany generate leads with Google Ads.
We have no previous experience AT ALL with marketing or sales.

All we have is the dream to become financially free and have a fast lane business.

I am inspired by Sean Marshall and Andy Black. I have bought their courses and have already started the research process.

Our main channels for client acquisition is:
- Cold Calling
- Networking
- Walking into local stores and meeting the business owner in-person

I will keep you updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Local business owners
This is too vague and general. I suggest you niche down from the beginning and focus on a specific kind of local business that you can help. Build case studies and proof of results and feed that back into your marketing.

Having a niche will enable younto both charge higher prices and build greater differentiation over time. It’s mission critical. Feel free to watch the free training I’ve got about how to niche down, and do those exercises to pick the niche.

As you gain notoriety in your niche, onboarding more and more clients will only get easier

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
This is too vague and general. I suggest you niche down from the beginning and focus on a specific kind of local business that you can help. Build case studies and proof of results and feed that back into your marketing.

Having a niche will enable younto both charge higher prices and build greater differentiation over time. It’s mission critical. Feel free to watch the free training I’ve got about how to niche down, and do those exercises to pick the niche.

As you gain notoriety in your niche, onboarding more and more clients will only get easier
Thanks for the advice :).
Yes I am in the process to niche down now.

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
I suggest you niche down from the beginning and focus on a specific kind of local business that you can help. Build case studies and proof of results and feed that back into your marketing.

Amen!

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Went out on Monday with my brother and decided to talk to some local roofers.
We found out that their main problem is not client acquisition. Their main problem is that they don't have have any qualified staff. And they tried getting qualified staff online but it's such a low paid job + its hard work that nobody wants to do the job.

We also realized that almost all home service niches have the same problem. Enough work but no staff to do the work.
So we are now looking at different niches that dont have this problem.
I couldn't find a single agency that is just specialized in home service niches in Germany.

So today we are going out again. I have a couple of niches I researched online that we will talk to today.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hey guys,

I decided to start a digital marketing agency with my brother @CrazyPusher in Germany.
We help Local business owners in Germany generate leads with Google Ads.
We have no previous experience AT ALL with marketing or sales.

All we have is the dream to become financially free and have a fast lane business.

I am inspired by Sean Marshall and Andy Black. I have bought their courses and have already started the research process.

Our main channels for client acquisition is:
- Cold Calling
- Networking
- Walking into local stores and meeting the business owner in-person

I will keep you updated.

Hello!

Germany is a very good place to start because it's the most adavnced country in Erope for e-commerce.

As for your branding goes, You need to offer a lot of value to Your clients.

Post a lot on Your social media about marketing, inform Your audience.

Publish informative slides, case studies... provide enough value to make You trustable and influential.

Start promoting local business while You build Your brand.

Hope that helps,

Davide

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Might have my first customer at the end of the next week !!!!

I went out this week and talked to a couple of business owners.
I pitched my service (Google Ads for local business) and there is one business owner that is interested. I will meet him next Thursday or Friday since he is on vacation.

I also had a huge mindset shift. At the beginning of the week I tried to find businesses that had very low reviews on Google Maps, but I found that none of them were interested in my service. So I thought why not go to business owners that already pay for Google Ads and have many reviews + an amazing website. I wanted to see what kind of person buys this kind of service.
I couldn't talk to the boss but with the secretary and she told me that although they have a lot of work... THEY WANTED MORE. She told me that I can leave my number and when the owner comes back he will call me. I want to talk to him to understand my perfect dream customer more.

Lesson learned:
- I need to hustle aloooot more. I need to talk to anyone and everyone in a specific niche
- go to business owners that are already paying for such services and try to outsell your competition + understand your perfect customer
- the only one who is standing between me and my success is myself
- Focus on one niche

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
Might have my first customer at the end of the next week !!!!

I went out this week and talked to a couple of business owners.
I pitched my service (Google Ads for local business) and there is one business owner that is interested. I will meet him next Thursday or Friday since he is on vacation.

I also had a huge mindset shift. At the beginning of the week I tried to find businesses that had very low reviews on Google Maps, but I found that none of them were interested in my service. So I thought why not go to business owners that already pay for Google Ads and have many reviews + an amazing website. I wanted to see what kind of person buys this kind of service.
I couldn't talk to the boss but with the secretary and she told me that although they have a lot of work... THEY WANTED MORE. She told me that I can leave my number and when the owner comes back he will call me. I want to talk to him to understand my perfect dream customer more.

Lesson learned:
- I need to hustle aloooot more. I need to talk to anyone and everyone in a specific niche
- go to business owners that are already paying for such services and try to outsell your competition + understand your perfect customer
- the only one who is standing between me and my success is myself
- Focus on one niche
When you say that you tried to look for business owners that already pay for Google Ads what do you mean exactly? I was told that the "thing" doesn't necessarily matter as long as they advertised. I was offering Facebook Ads for flooring companies in the U.S. but a lot them seem to be only using Google Ads or SEO.

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
I have been action-faking alot.
First of all I work 40 hours a week as a medical doctor. I in the process to find a 20-hour/week and it looks promising.

2. I need to take alooot more action. I will start cold calling at least 50 people a day + talk tp more buisness owners

3. I joined a couple facebook groups where my target audience could be hanging around. I will try to add as much value as I can by helping them.

TBH I really dont know what I am doing. But I am 100% sure I will figure it out if I keep at it.
I have been niche-jumping abit. But I will focus on local home service buisness because its really easy to call and meet them in person.

Do the thing and you will have the power.

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
When you say that you tried to look for business owners that already pay for Google Ads what do you mean exactly? I was told that the "thing" doesn't necessarily matter as long as they advertised. I was offering Facebook Ads for flooring companies in the U.S. but a lot them seem to be only using Google Ads or SEO.
I am not sure what you mean.
I just had the idea to call buisness owners that are already running google ads. But I would just call them if I saw that the Landing page is bad or the keyword is not relevant.
But I havent done that yet so please dont take it as advice.

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
I am not sure what you mean.
I just had the idea to call buisness owners that are already running google ads. But I would just call them if I saw that the Landing page is bad or the keyword is not relevant.
But I havent done that yet so please dont take it as advice.
How is your agency going @Akil? I'm curious as a medical doctor why not go after doctor's offices as clients?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.