The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a business in abroad.

Idea threads

Muusa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 15, 2022
Paraguay
Hello, I am a college student (high school in the US) in the UK and I have found a need for a business abroad due me conducting market research in the local language on the internet and the online presence of companies in this particular industry is very minimal and even in English I also conducted market research as there is demand from English speaking expats and I discovered that there is no websites that can cater to these foreign clients. I am undoes not violate any of the CENTS commandments.

Control: I will own the service and the website and will not rely on any third parties to operate so there would not be any third party risk.

Entry: My idea will cost around $10000 - $12000 to start as there will be cost to get the residency permit, start the company, hire employees, advertising and office space. The particular country that I want to start the business in has a low GDP per capita compared to western world and access to loans are limited and will require a high interest rate if accepted by the bank. It will be difficult for a local to compete with my company due to the financial circumstances.

Need: Following my research, I have discovered that there is a need for my idea as locals and foreigners respectively are finding it difficult to deal in the particular industry and with the amount of value skews my company will bring forward there will be a need for my company.

Time: My idea could violate the time commandment as I will need to manage employees however I was planning on having a small amount of employees which I would personally train in salesmanship.

Scale: I will be able to scale the company by opening new branches around the country and the region. I could also create franchises to deviate the need for my time.

My plan is to finish college (high school in the us) and move hopefully next year to start this business.

I am looking for any feedback from entrepreneurs and I am open to criticism as this will help me grow and reach my Fastlane objectives.
Thank you for reading.
Muusa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Muusa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 15, 2022
Paraguay
Spelling error on line 4 *I am unsure if my idea violate any of the CENTS commandments.
Apologies.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hello, I am a college student (high school in the US) in the UK and I have found a need for a business abroad due me conducting market research in the local language on the internet and the online presence of companies in this particular industry is very minimal and even in English I also conducted market research as there is demand from English speaking expats and I discovered that there is no websites that can cater to these foreign clients. I am undoes not violate any of the CENTS commandments.

Control: I will own the service and the website and will not rely on any third parties to operate so there would not be any third party risk.

Entry: My idea will cost around $10000 - $12000 to start as there will be cost to get the residency permit, start the company, hire employees, advertising and office space. The particular country that I want to start the business in has a low GDP per capita compared to western world and access to loans are limited and will require a high interest rate if accepted by the bank. It will be difficult for a local to compete with my company due to the financial circumstances.

Need: Following my research, I have discovered that there is a need for my idea as locals and foreigners respectively are finding it difficult to deal in the particular industry and with the amount of value skews my company will bring forward there will be a need for my company.

Time: My idea could violate the time commandment as I will need to manage employees however I was planning on having a small amount of employees which I would personally train in salesmanship.

Scale: I will be able to scale the company by opening new branches around the country and the region. I could also create franchises to deviate the need for my time.

My plan is to finish college (high school in the us) and move hopefully next year to start this business.

I am looking for any feedback from entrepreneurs and I am open to criticism as this will help me grow and reach my Fastlane objectives.
Thank you for reading.
Muusa
I'm not sure I can give any feedback without a description of what the business does.

Muusa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 15, 2022
Paraguay
I'm not sure I can give any feedback without a description of what the business does.
Essentially the business is a service that sells and rents real estate to locals and foreigners with multiple value skews to stand out from the competition that I will not be able to disclose for obvious reasons.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Essentially the business is a service that sells and rents real estate to locals and foreigners with multiple value skews to stand out from the competition that I will not be able to disclose for obvious reasons.
What country is it? Have you been there before? Is it an easy country to do business in?

So a mix of something like Zillow, Airbnb, and VRBO for a specific developing country?

How do you ensure control in the sense that the property owners don't use another (or multiple) platforms. It seems like most sellers will gravitate towards the platform with the most users to maximize bookings.

Why focus on selling and renting real estate to both foreigners and locals? This seems like many different markets that might not be the same customer. A traveller from Europe looking to rent a villa for a month is a different client than a local that wants to buy an affordable family home.

LaughingMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 10, 2014
I think you're slightly misunderstanding the 'TIME' concept in CENTS. Violating it is when you trade your time for money directly, E.g - working for an hourly wage. So no, it sounds like your idea does not violate the Time principle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.