The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started my Fastlane Journey!!!

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL
I have read Fastlane & am now halfway through Unscripted .
I have been a slow lane entrepreneur for many years now, having started multiple do what you love businesses. Before the corona fun I played music 2-3 nights a week making $150 a night as a do what you love venture. I became very picky about not wanting to play in certain bars, not liking playing with certain others, & it really started taking a toll on my love for music. I also train dogs out of my home so that I can be home for my 7 year old daughter when she gets out of school. Now I am picky about the dogs & can see this affecting my love of animals I have had since I was a small child. The dog training is what financially has been keeping me afloat since I lost all my music work. I work on my physical health, mental health & do meditation & yoga every day. I eat healthy & even in the midst of losing my music income I am calm and still living ok. I do however have absolutely no time. My boyfriend is in the similar situation, a fellow do what you love musician who is always in the panic of not being able to pay his mortgage with his do what you love income. We work hustling this & that & are often very exhausted. Most days we get in bed and pass out & say bye to each other as we run to our next hustle first thing in the morning.
But all that aside I am a master of keeping expenses low & living within my means. My house is affordable & more than 65% paid off & all my bills are paid with what I make. I'm doing good right!
NOPE - hahaha - oh by the way you need $12,000 impact windows. Your roof is no good & we are going to raise your hurricane insurance by $3500 a year if you don't replace these things. Back to the stress & back to more hustles & having no time for my family.

BUT NOW! I am happy to report that I have my Fastlane idea.
I have my business partner who I have worked with in the music industry for almost 20 years & we have started working on our website.
I am the creativity partner, the morale booster, the idea generator, the one who can see the grand picture, & the people person. I know basic accounting & have been a network administrator in a corporate environment.
He is pragmatic, & grounds my flights of grandiose visions into reality & is a very down to earth web developer.
We share the traits of being perfectionists & will not release anything with our names on it unless it has ultimate quality and value.
I feel I have picked my opposite as a business partner.
I am learning SQL to contribute to working on the database.
I am researching trade marks & best ways to start & web app company.
We are working every night adding data to our database to get our website going.

I want to use this Fastlane post as my progress tracker so that others can learn from what I am doing & I can learn from others.
Any comments or feedback on directions are always welcomed & appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Alaina

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL
I have been a slow lane entrepreneur for many years now, having started multiple do what you love businesses. Before the corona fun I played music 2-3 nights a week making $150 a night as a do what you love venture. I became very picky about not wanting to play in certain bars, not liking playing with certain others, & it really started taking a toll on my love for music. I also train dogs out of my home so that I can be home for my 7 year old daughter when she gets out of school. Now I am picky about the dogs & can see this affecting my love of animals I have had since I was a small child. The dog training is what financially has been keeping me afloat since I lost all my music work. I work on my physical health, mental health & do meditation & yoga every day. I eat healthy & even in the midst of losing my music income I am calm and still living ok. I do however have absolutely no time. My boyfriend is in the similar situation, a fellow do what you love musician who is always in the panic of not being able to pay his mortgage with his do what you love income. We work hustling this & that & are often very exhausted. Most days we get in bed and pass out & say bye to each other as we run to our next hustle first thing in the morning.
But all that aside I am a master of keeping expenses low & living within my means. My house is affordable & more than 65% paid off & all my bills are paid with what I make. I'm doing good right!
NOPE - hahaha - oh by the way you need $12,000 impact windows. Your roof is no good & we are going to raise your hurricane insurance by $3500 a year if you don't replace these things. Back to the stress & back to more hustles & having no time for my family.

I have my business partner who I have worked with in the music industry for almost 20 years & we have started working on our website.
I am the creativity partner, the morale booster, the idea generator, the one who can see the grand picture, & the people person. I know basic accounting & have been a network administrator in a corporate environment.
He is pragmatic, & grounds my flights of grandiose visions into reality & is a very down to earth web developer.
We share the traits of being perfectionists & will not release anything with our names on it unless it has ultimate quality and value.
We are working every night adding data to our database to get our website going.

I want to use this Fastlane post as my progress tracker so that others can learn from what I am doing & I can learn from others.
Thanks in Advance,
Alaina
Happy to report I am still on track. My app for the website is in preliminary design stage and we are using Adobe Xd to get a working prototype. Still entering lots of database info.

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL

Thanks in Advance,
Alaina

Thanks in Advance,
Alaina
Update -
I have been working diligently at getting the database model right for our website.
I have also made some contacts for high profile Digital Marketing help. I am waiting on contacting them until my prototype of the website & app is complete.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Hi,

Many people here can confirm that following your passion into business is a surefire way to lose it.
Its good that you became aware of it on your own.

Back to an idea.
Can't really say anything beyond wishing good luck since you left no clues about what your website might be.
No worries, we aren't here to interrogate :happy:

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL
Hi,

Many people here can confirm that following your passion into business is a surefire way to lose it.
Its good that you became aware of it on your own.

Back to an idea.
Can't really say anything beyond wishing good luck since you left no clues about what your website might be.
No worries, we aren't here to interrogate :happy:
That will be coming soon! Thanks for your reply...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.