The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started a Web Design Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Hey guys,

I have been a member of the forum for a while now and think that MJ’s books are really solid.

I am Swedish but I currently live in Pisa, Italy with my girlfriend. I am a pilot for a European airline which is actually the whole reason why I got into business and entrepreneurship. When Covid hit I was furloughed from my job and had to move back in with my parents and ended up living with them for over a year.

So I started a web design business and joined Fox’s course (the course is insane btw but the FB group is where the real value is).

Running my business has been really difficult and not much happened in the beginning. But in the last months of 2022 I got in contact with another web designer in the FB group and I helped him with a few projects. So I got in total about $2000 from those projects.

This web designer was really happy with my work and he is pivoting into local SEO so we agreed that he would send me his web design leads to me.

Since the beginning of this year I have already closed a $1500 and a $1800 website with a few more possible ones in the pipeline. These two projects I have gotten from BNI and LinkedIn so far.

The plan is basically to share how things are going for me, what is working and not working and all the mistakes I am going to make.

I will update as time goes on.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Interesting! Good luck.

May I ask you which tools you use for building your websites?

WordPress, WebFlow, etc.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
I'm glad you found a new source of income after what happened and I wish you things to go even better! Good idea to join that FB group, networking is priceless in any kind of business.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Interesting! Good luck.

May I ask you which tools you use for building your websites?

WordPress, WebFlow, etc.

I currently use Wordpress with Elementor. I think that it is easy to use and wordpress is one of the most common CMS out there.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Thanks for the answer, I'm using Divi to go with WordPress on my side. I think all solutions are equivalent.

Do you want to share your work? I'm curious to see what you have been able to monetize. Looking forward to see your evolution!

twinmark01

New Contributor
Feb 5, 2023
USA
Thank you for sharing your journey with us! It's amazing that you were able to turn a difficult situation like getting furloughed into a business opportunity and it's fantastic that you've already closed two projects with more in the pipeline. We look forward to hearing more about your successes, what works and doesn't work, and any mistakes you make along the way. Good luck!

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for the answer, I'm using Divi to go with WordPress on my side. I think all solutions are equivalent.

Do you want to share your work? I'm curious to see what you have been able to monetize. Looking forward to see your evolution!

Do you mean my website or previous projects?

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
Congratulations for your execution!

I do web design too since an year so far and indeed, WP + Elementor make a powerful tag team!

BlakeM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 28, 2022
Hey guys, thank you for the information.
I’ve started a web design business as well and have a couple of projects locally lined up. I built my first site with an html template but realizing I should probably use some type of software so that I can focus more on my marketing skills rather than trying to figure out how to get everything to work.

When you guys say Wordpress + elementor, does that mean you’re using the elementor plugin on Wordpress? I understand html & hosting but not familiar with Wordpress or website builders. Thank you.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Hey guys, thank you for the information.
I’ve started a web design business as well and have a couple of projects locally lined up. I built my first site with an html template but realizing I should probably use some type of software so that I can focus more on my marketing skills rather than trying to figure out how to get everything to work.

When you guys say Wordpress + elementor, does that mean you’re using the elementor plugin on Wordpress? I understand html & hosting but not familiar with Wordpress or website builders. Thank you.

Yeah, I use WordPress with the Elementor plugin and the Elementor header and footer plugin.

BlakeM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 28, 2022
Yeah, I use WordPress with the Elementor plugin and the Elementor header and footer plugin.
Thank you. Also, since it's required to pay 40/month per site to buy the wp package that allows you to use plugins, do you charge the business that fee each month? If I'm dealing with smaller businesses do you think I should stick to html templates to keep a low monthly cost for smaller businesses?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Hey guys,

I have been a member of the forum for a while now and think that MJ’s books are really solid.

I am Swedish but I currently live in Pisa, Italy with my girlfriend. I am a pilot for a European airline which is actually the whole reason why I got into business and entrepreneurship. When Covid hit I was furloughed from my job and had to move back in with my parents and ended up living with them for over a year.

So I started a web design business and joined Fox’s course (the course is insane btw but the FB group is where the real value is).

Running my business has been really difficult and not much happened in the beginning. But in the last months of 2022 I got in contact with another web designer in the FB group and I helped him with a few projects. So I got in total about $2000 from those projects.

This web designer was really happy with my work and he is pivoting into local SEO so we agreed that he would send me his web design leads to me.

Since the beginning of this year I have already closed a $1500 and a $1800 website with a few more possible ones in the pipeline. These two projects I have gotten from BNI and LinkedIn so far.

The plan is basically to share how things are going for me, what is working and not working and all the mistakes I am going to make.

I will update as time goes on.

Thanks!
How did you get your first client I've been trying to get mine for the past few days

Hitch-hiker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 23, 2019
Poland
How is your side hustle going with the current economic situation?
Where are your clients from?

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
How is your side hustle going with the current economic situation?
Where are your clients from?
There are always small businesses/artisans who will pay you for a couple of hundred bucks if you are starting to build a portfolio. Plus some monthly fees you can charge for any recurring service like SEO, social medias, ads, etc.

If the economic situation is bad, those people would be even more interested to pay you if their website allows them to get new customers, and to survive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.