The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started a small company this winter break!

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
I reread this thread for inclusion in my book as an example how to conquer "I have no money". However what I found more impressive is that you now have the POWER to create money out of thin air (as long as it is winter and Craigslist exists.) Job market sucks? Don't matter! You now have a specific strategy that generates money. This story is an excellent example of creating a strategy which transcends into a real bonafide "safety net" ... very empowering!

You could probably apply the same techniques for weed pulling in the summer.

Awesome to hear that one of my ventures will be talked about in your book MJ! Can't wait to show it to family and friends. :cheers:

Great point about applying these strategies for the summer time. The job market has not loosened up at all, and the kids on my campus were talking about the lack of internships and jobs this year. I will not be back at the Chicago law firm this summer that I worked for last year, so I am already brainstorming the ways I can make more cash than working for somebody else.

It seems contracted lawn services are a bit overpriced around here ....hmmm...

...The owners of the services have to pay their workers, their equipment costs, and put money in their own pocket all while staying reasonably priced. I only have to pay myself whatever I deem my work worthy of.

I guess since the middle man is eliminated in my case, I am a dominant firm in the market because my average variable cost is much lower than the AVC of the price following firms in the market. All I need to do is lower my price below competitive price and eliminate them from the market (without going below my AVC...wouldn't want antitrust laws to come into effect ;)) Wow...can you tell I just took my microeconomics final? haha

Thanks MJ, got the wheels turning again :thumbsup:

G_Alexander

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
I really liked reading this post again. Plus, MJ and your addition made it even better.

Hope you did good on your microeconomics exam. You're fluently speaking the language and it shows. :urock2:

CopyDane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017
Came across this oldie but goodie after reading about your 2nd lambo, @G_Alexander. The content of your OP in this thread is still so relevant today.

1) Find a market in which you are able to provide relative value
2) Investigate competitors and figure out what you can do differently/better
3) Get off your a$$
4) Buy lambos
5) Remember to insert a big (like really, really huge) chunk of trial, error and progression between point 3) and 4)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.