The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Start & Grow Your Online Business | Everything You Need To Know

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 1 - She'll Sleep With Me When I Become a Millionaire!

Will you have sex with me?

I mean, you're really hot...I work in fast food for minimum wage, I live with my parents. If I accidentally get you pregnant, you won't have my number to ever find me again. Oh, and since the only food I can afford is fast food and potato chips, I'm about 40 pounds overweight.

In my spare time, I play video games that I "borrowed" from my friends, and never returned.

So....about the child that I put inside of you....All of this means that the child you're about to spend 18 years raising as a single mother will probably come out with the worst possible genetic makeup possible, and probably will turn out just like me.

But you're hot...so will you have sex with me?

That is exactly how I feel around 99% of the people I meet. I feel like that hot girl at the bar.

I'd say a good 99% of society thinks this way. It's all about TAKE TAKE TAKE. Selfish, I tell you! People like that do nothing but think about what's in it for themselves. And this is why most of this country is in terrible health, living in poverty, and just counting down the days until they can retire from their shitty job, and eventually die.

If you don't make this simple, yet life-altering adjustment, that is what your life is going to look like. The girl (or guy) you are talking to will do everything in their power to get away from you as quickly as possible. You'll be stuck at a low waged job that drains the life out of you...and one day you'll be on your deathbed, looking back at a life of disgust, dying broke, alone, and having accomplished nothing in this life.

</rant over>

Ok, well that was one hell of an introduction for a thread on entrepreneurship.

I should probably introduce myself before you learn about a simple shift you can make right now, which will turn you down the path of becoming a millionaire. My name is Andrew Alexander, and I've been on these forums for a little more than four years, and I made all the mistakes you can make when trying to make a lot of money.

Now, you're reading this today so you can learn those lessons I learned from my 3 profitable and 11 failing businesses...but it won't take you four years to do it. We all know time is our most valuable asset, so the time you take to read through ALL of these posts will be time saved and money gained.

By the end of reading this thread, you're going to know everything you need to know about starting and growing your business.

And do you know the best part about it!? In that little one-night-stand story above, you learned the most valuable lesson you could ever learn on this journey, and you're moments away from learning this lesson, but first, it's important to understand your business goals....

What are your goals with your business (select all that apply)?
  1. I want to make $10,000 per month.
  2. I want to be a Millionaire.
  3. I want to buy an exotic sports car.
  4. I want to live in a mansion and travel.
  5. I want to have to work another day in my life.
  6. All of the above.
  7. None of the above.
Answer honestly. You can choose multiple answers.

If you answered #6, congratulations! You are well on your way to being a bigger a**hole than the bar creep in the beginning of this story!

Seriously, how do you feel when somebody takes from you? Whether it's a person that is wasting your time when you have something important to do, the hacker who empties the life savings from your bank account, or a thief that breaks into your house and steals your most prized possessions.

So let's get things straight right now, THAT is exactly how people will feel around you when you operate from a selfish perspective.

"I want this from you...I want that for you...and I want it all without doing anything to earn it."

Today, as you read this now, all those past actions and selfish desires of trying to take from others STOPS...now.

BECAUSE...

You already know how great it feels when somebody goes out of their way to genuinely help you with something. You know how great you feel when you listen to your favorite song from your favorite musician. You know how great you feel after watching an amazing movie or reading an awesome book.

And that means you already know how great other people will feel when you go out of your way to help them, and all of this means that the more that you give (with pure intent of helping others), the more you will receive.

This right here my friends, is the law of reciprocity, and by following the law of reciprocity (and the other posts on this thread), not only will you become a millionaire, but you will also have better relationships (when you give to others around you), and you will one day already have everything you already dreamed of having in life.

THIS is the "big secret" that turned me from a struggling wantrepreneur into somebody who finally started a business that impacted the lives of over 900,000 people, and allowed me to make some money and travel around in the process....

This is a lesson taught to me from every single one of my millionaire mentors...

The Law of Reciprocity

This law states that the more you give, the more you receive.

You see, while 99% of people are out there expecting their free handouts from other people, begging like the fools that they are, trying to take...all of the multi-millionaires and famous actors/singers/celebrities that I networked with over the past four years learned that the secret to having success is not only changing their focus to give more, but they also pay attention to the more subtle energy behind what they do.

Yes they give, we all know that by now. Whether it's great products, great songs, great books, or entertainment, the specific thing you give doesn't matter, as long as people like it. But what does matter is that the intent behind the giving is from pure intent to help others...and they don't do it selfishly expecting anything in return.

It's that intent and subtle energy behind your actions which is the final extra-credit points that pushed you over the curve from failing on the test(of life) to winning in every way possible.

I feel like everything I said above could be summarized in the following statement, which one of my mentors told me years ago, right before I had my first big breakthrough in business and finally made enough money to quit my job and FINALLY have all those nice things and experiences I once wanted:

He said to me:

"When you make the shift from trying to take from others, and you begin to give to others...give a LOT of value to a LOT of people, that is the only thing you need to know to transform into a millionaire today. The money won't appear in your bank account yet, but when you start giving, instead of taking, you already made that shift from the 99% to the 1% who seem to have it all.

While you hear all those out there calling the top 1% of society greedy, those people have no F*cking clue what they are talking about.

In order for those people to get those sports cars, houses, travel, freedom, they had to give a whole lot in order to get what they have today. Do you think my selfish desires made me my first $50 million?

Give, and you shall receive. It's really that simple, yet most people don't seem to get it."

So why does this work?

Before I tell you why this works, let me warn you. I have a very unique way of describing things. With me, It's best not to take the words I say literally, but to use the imagery and descriptions I use as a creative way to allow the deeper lesson to make sense.

I spent the past few years of my life studying the unconscious mind, hypnosis, NLP, and I've developed an...algorithm... for making quick and lasting change in the mental programming of the people I talk to. I reprogram them for success.

Just the other week, I met Craig. Craig was struggling with his online business for YEARS, hating his job, ready to quit...and within three weeks of the programming I gave him, and the experience he gained in the process, he is already making sales with large clients in the industry and is building out a sales and marketing team.

...in 3 weeks.

So once again, I tell that story to illustrate that the way I describe things shouldn't be taken literally. The imagery and the "craziness" will be used to allow things to click on your unconscious mind, and when things click there...you are already well on your way to success, just like Craig.

By the time you finish reading this chapter, things will have already clicked for you.

The reason why the Law of Reciprocity works is because of the energy and intent behind your actions.

"The more you give (with pure intent behind your actions), the more you receive."

Ok, do you see that guy on the previous page who is still standing at the bar trying to have sex with that girl? He's now buying her a drink.

Why is he buying her a drink?

Because he wants to have sex with her. Plain and simple.

That is how most people think the Law works. They give her a drink, she gives sex. But they ignore the intent behind it.

He tried to take from her, and she took the drink from him.

I'm not religious, but isn't there some religious book out there (or all of them) which state "Do onto others as you wish to be done on to you." He took...so someone took from him.

This is not a coincidence. This is a law of quantum physics.

What if, instead of doing what 99% of people do to her, he introduced himself, told her about some exciting day-trip he's going on this weekend, and offers to bring her along for the fun experience?

Wouldn't that have a much higher success rate when he does it from a giving standpoint?

He would provide her with a fun experience...and in the process, he would have a fun experience.

Maybe?

The universe, at the most fundamental levels is made up of vibrations of energy. I was watching a quantum physics video the other day where the scientists talk about how they are using the most powerful microscopes ever made. The latest breakthroughs in science. When they zoomed in close enough, on the solid metal that makes up a freight train, beyond the atoms and electrons....what they saw was 99.99999999999% empty space.

When your vocal chords vibrate....it causes vibrations to go through the air, and those vibrations go into a person's ear, and their brain interprets those vibrations to give them meaning....aka words.

At the most fundamental level, everything...EVERYTHING...is energy.

Imagine that every energy molecule is like a little round ping pong ball. Cover that molecule with dog shit, throw it against the wall in front of you, and guess what's about to fly into your face?

A big pile of dog shit.

But what if you fill it up with something good? Like beer! Throw that ping pong ball, and you now have a good game of beer pong going.

Drink up.

Legal Disclaimer From My Lawyer: Please drink responsibly.

And since The Law of Reciprocity states that what you GIVE, is what you RECEIVE, take a moment to see what kind of energy you're giving off to people!

What you do for others really is what comes back to you in life. How much are you ready to give to the world, knowing what you know now?

Like I mentioned earlier, I spent years studying human behavior and the unconscious mind and mixed that with the knowledge I learned from surrounding myself with successful people. At the deepest level, in our unconscious, people can sense the energy you're giving off.
  • They can sense if you are offering to give them positive energy.
  • They can sense if you're draining energy from them, by trying to take.
It is so subtle, that most people don't consciously realize that any of this is happening, but this subtle energy is actually the trigger for the person's response to you, at an unconscious level.

Think of it almost as sonar on a submarine. You ping out that energy into the universe, and it is reflected back to you.

And since you've already just made this shift to always be giving with positive intent....the things you'll begin to notice to ping back to you will all be positive.

This is where things get a little crazy...

Like I said before, you don't have to take this literally...I phrase things oddly to allow the lesson to easily make sense to you....

Imaging that we are all connected by some unseen force in a higher dimension. Some invisible energy that goes through tubes into some power source that connects us all. You sent your energy into the universe through one person, but it might not come back to you from them

When you do something good and positively help one person, you create an energetic imbalance in the universe. And the universe has a rule that it always has to be balanced, so it stores up that energy to deliver back to you.

The universe owes you your reward, but you don't get it back from that person you helped first (always).

A few weeks later, that energy might creep back down into this dimension here on Earth, and come back to you through another person.

In a more practical sense, maybe that person you helped referred you to their friends and their friend wants to be a client of yours. That girl or guy you helped out with their fitness raved to their single friend about you, and set you up for a date.

When you create an imbalance in the universe, that energy you give off will find a way to come back to you...and not usually by the person you help.

Here is some more good news...a little bit can go a long way.

From this point forward, just like that sonar, think of the energy you put out into the universe being reflected back to you. The other week I was standing on stage and used this as a demonstration: I pulled one person up on stage and said to repeat after me.

Andrew: "Hello" (in a normal voice).
Samantha: "Hello" (her reply)

I thanked her and she went back to her seat. I then asked the entire audience to do the same thing.

Andrew: "Hello" (in the same exact voice, exerting the same amount of energy as I did to Samantha).
Audience: "Hello" (20 people replied)

Same energy exerted, but it traveled through 20 people, so you get paid back 20x as much. I'd say that this is one hell of an exchange rate. It's like going to the bank with $1 and coming out with a $20 bill.

But what if you can give to millions of people?

How does all of this help you with becoming a millionaire?

Let's say you write a book and a publisher picks it up to do all the distribution, sales, and marketing. All you have to do now is collect a royalty check for the rest of your life.

The same amount of energy you put into a book that 1 person reads is the same amount of energy that you put into a book that a million people read.

The energy you put out, when it helps more people, means you have a much larger imbalance in the universe, and you'll finally begin to get all the things you wanted, but only after you give.

It all starts with you learning to give with pure intent to a large number of people.

And when you do that, you'll be well on your way to success.

This right here, ladies and gents...is the scientific reason why The Law of Reciprocity works, and why you will be able to accomplish anything you want in life when you use it.
  • You can be that billionaire entrepreneur who wants to solve problems for billions of people.
  • You can have your own local consulting service when you help the needs of your local community.
  • You can be a famous singer who sings beautiful music for hundreds of thousands or millions of fans.
  • You can be that best selling author, when you write that book that people enjoy.
  • You can be that movie star, when you learn to put on a show.
In all of their cases, the energy that came back to them was delayed. They put in the work for years, and kept on giving...giving...giving...then one day, they sign that record deal, or hit the New York Times Best Sellers List.

The results are delayed, so just keep giving....

And one day, when you give to enough people, on this day, today, you are already this multi-millionaire entrepreneur who drives that fancy car, and lives in that big mansion...where the 99% will be pointing at you, calling you greedy and that you should share your wealth with them.

And on this day, you'll already have realized that you've just made this switch to giving, you will look back at them and say to yourself "They just don't get it..."

Maybe one day they will, and one day, they will be able to learn what it finally takes to get all those things they wanted in life...because the big secret they've been waiting for is that they should give more.

It'd be cool if they knew this, and maybe I'll tell them to buy this book...but for now, I have to focus on me. It is now my time to put this knowledge to use, and start giving more, because I already made that shift to becoming the 1%.

The Law of Reciprocity is that "big secret" you've been waiting for...now let's get started with building your business!

Chapter exercise:
You already know that you have to give in order to receive those things in the 7 question survey you answered before.

6. All of the above.
  7. None of the above.
But what if, instead of starting a business to try to get those things (you already know they will come), you start building your business or personal brand today because you want to help others?

Shift 100% of the focus away from the goals and towards the customers or fans.

What if you detach from the outcome, and actually enjoy giving the things you are meant to give? Won't that make the process of building a business or your brand a lot more fun, and even if you don't make a million dollars, you'll still have the fun experience of doing these things?

No matter what you do now, because you're having fun doing it...you can't not succeed!

If you changed your answer to #7 - and your goal is to help others, please move on to the next chapter...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 2 - Nobody Cares About Your Bullshit Excuses!

Seriously, cut the crap!
  • I'm too young.
  • I'm African American.
  • I'm a woman and women don't get the same opportunities in business as men do.
  • I don't have enough education, my family couldn't send me to college!
  • I'm too old, and too far along in my career.
  • I've never done this before! I don't believe in myself.
  • I've failed before.
  • Successful people got lucky! Or they were born into opportunities that I wasn't
  • I can't speak Chinese! Yes! I even heard this excuse for an American starting a business, because he didn't think of hiring a translator to help him find a manufacturer in China.
And yes, I am a 29-year old white male, born into the heart of the dot-com era where I had the opportunity to be on-trend with the latest breakthroughs in technology. And not only were my parents able to provide me with a free college education, but I also got my Master's degree as well.

I'm smart. Real smart.

I graduated with a 3.97. The only reason I didn't get a perfect 4.0 is because I had to take one class while going through a full-time police academy (where I also graduated #1 in my class). I got an A- in that class because of a test I had to take the same week as the "hell week" Sergeant put us through.

How dare a person with my privilege in life talk down to those excuses?

First of all, nothing I said above has ANYTHING to do with my success in business. zero percent.

And here is why....You can spit these BS excuses all day long, but not only will nobody care....but also because doing so won't get you any closer to your goals of be being successful, will they?

In fact, I'd say the only thing those thoughts do is hold you back. Am I right? I mean, are they getting any closer to your goals?

I didn't think so.

Let's get straight to the facts: This game of entrepreneurship you're playing right now is a on level playing field. If anybody else could do something, so can you. We all have our unique struggles, but there are others of us who have pushed through those struggles (and made it). And there are others who blamed those struggles, and didn't make it. But they didn't fail because they were (young/old/male/female). They didn't make it because they weren't persistent enough to push through the struggles.

If you refer back to chapter 1, the only thing that matters is the value you give to people, and the massive amount of actions you can take.
  • Tell your excuses to Billionaire entrepreneur Daymond John (who not only built his empire from $0, but who also happens to be black).
  • Tell your excuses to Sheryl Sandberg, who earned her position as COO at Facebook, leading one of the largest companies in the world (yes, she is a female, and if she can do it, so can the billionaire Oprah, and so can you).
    • Tell your excuses to the now-American millionaire entrepreneur who was born in a small village in India, who not only had to find a legal way to make it over to the United States, but also teach himself how to speak English while learning how to build a business in a foreign country. I'm sure that guy faced some tough struggles, but he chose to push through it. And I wrote about this man in my first book.
Let's see if those people will listen to your excuses, because there is no way in hell I'm going to allow you to say any of those things to me....

...or more importantly, telling those lies (excuses) to yourself.

That last one is the only one that matters.

What you do now is all that matters.

I've been doing this a long time. I've met a lot of successful people. In fact, I'm also publishing my first book on the very topic of learning from successful people. It's the most in-depth four-year study of my life.

And do you know the single, most indisputable fact that I learned from 100% of the successful people I met on my journey?

If somebody else could do it...so can you. It's possible for any one of us.

Look, I get it....we all have our own unique disadvantages that we have to work through. TRUST ME - I get it. At one point I had to sleep in my car next to a dumpster before rebuilding an entire business from scratch again. When I started building my first business, I had $250 to my name and drove 2,000 miles across the country....and you know another important thing I learned?

If you focus on the reasons you can't do something....you won't do it. But when you shift focus and look for the reasons why you CAN do something...you'll be able to achieve any level of success that you want.

TRUST ME....when I say this - your past and current circumstances in life don't matter on this journey.

The ONLY thing that ever matters is what you do right now and going forward into your journey.

Wherever you are RIGHT NOW.....DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL.

Let me make this picture a little clear for you, in case I didn't say it enough.

Your past and present don't matter at all. zero percent.

Only the things you do right now matters.

Yes, it is 100% possible for you.

So the only thing left to do...

Is start taking massive action.

Zero excuses. When you get to that point, you are well on track.

I had a friend who made a bunch of them a few years ago. Them, meaning excuses, doubts, and lists in his mind about why he can't accomplish things. Do you want to know where he is and what he is doing in life now?

He's getting the same...exact...results....that he was getting three years ago.

His life is the same it was three years ago. And to me, staying the same was a life of regret. Not doing the things to get the results we want in life is my biggest fear.

Imagine a life where you aren't living your dreams? Wouldn't that be a sad life?

Isn't it a good thing that you learned how to put those lies about "why I cant do things" behind you, and realized it's possible enough for you to take that next step?

The only fear you can have in life is the fear of not taking that next step on your journey now...

So go take that next step...now.

...because it's all possible for you.

-Andrew

P.S. I'm seriously disappointed in myself for making THIS TOPIC a second chapter. Like aren't we past the point where we already know that anybody can do this? I feel like it's almost a waste of space trying to convince people that it's possible for them anymore, knowing how many people from all walks of life have made it.

Maybe this chapter pushed somebody over the edge of self doubt...and allowed them to give themselves permission to be confident on this journey to success.

Yeah - this chapter was a waste of space because the confidence I have in you to achieve any life you want is without a doubt that I know you can do it.

...totally disappointed in speaking about the obvious, I'm on to the next chapter....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 3 - Your Inner World.

Preface to this chapter:

You MUST follow these three steps in order, in order to become successful. Not the other way around.
  1. Being.
  2. Doing.
  3. Having

Most people think they have to "Have" the money in the bank account before they can become a millionaire. But if "Having" came before "Being", that would make the order:
  1. Having
  2. Being.
  3. Doing.
But since you have must do something before you can have something...that means the only way to be successful is to follow the order of the first list: You must become the person you want to become, and then do the things you need to do, before you can have the results you want.

So that means you have to become a millionaire (on the inside) before you can have those things on the outside.

And in my world, being a millionaire has nothing to do with money. It has to do with being the type of person who can make shit happen with their life regardless of their external circumstances.

Remember how I warned you about my weird way of explaining things? In your conscious mind, the things I say might not make sense, but in your unconscious, the shift has already been made, and you're already began transforming into the person who has control of their future, as you read this right now.

But didn't that change already happen when you learned to give to people and to stepping past the excuses and making them a distant thing of the past?

Either way, I'm exciting that you're changing as you read this!

On to the content of the chapter...

The Gateway To Our Inner World

Ok, you're going to have to go into this with an open mind.

There are one of two things that can happen now:
  1. You can stick to your current belief systems, expectations, and excuses right now...and approach my "crazy talk" with a closed mind. But I 100% guarantee that anybody who approaches this with a closed mind....is going to continue to get the same results as they are today. If you are 100% absolutely happy with every aspect of your life in this present moment...please, keep your beliefs. If they make you truly happy....keep them (I mean that). But most of the people who resist what I'm about to teach to you in the upcoming chapters are the very same people who are not happy with their life (this is not a coincidence). Open your mind, and you will open yourself to new possibilities. OR you could remain the same and get the same results - the choice is yours.
  2. Option 2 - I literally mean the things I am saying to the most literal extent. And to clarify - the way I describe things is how I personally interpret it. I'm going to bring up visualizations that allow me to demonstrate the point to your unconscious mind. Just by reading what I'm saying next...or at least pretending to believe it while I type it...means that by the end of this chapter, at the very least...you'll realize that you are in full control of your life.
Read with an open mind....because this is just how I interpret things (and this new way of looking at things mysteriously gets people the progress they want to make with their business or brand. Strange stuff...means new results for you. trust me.)

Your whole life, you have been trained by your parents, your teachers, and your society to look into the outside world. You do this not only with your eyes, but with all of your senses...the sounds you hear on the outside, the feelings you feel when things happen to you on the outside.

But have you ever taken the time to explore your inner world?

All the successful people I met are aware of their inner world (but most of them don't talk about it)...is this too much to be coincidence?

I'll be the one to spread the new for them...there is an inner world inside of you, and through this inner world, you are connected to everything else in this universe.

Wouldn't it be cool to learn how to communicate through there?

Like seriously, how could would that be if this is true?

You send a message in through your unconscious, and the people and opportunities magically land on your lap in real life?

The most interesting thing to me when I learned this from the successful people I studied, as you're about to learn now, is that when you change things on your inner world...it actually is the direct cause of the changes you notice in the outer world.

This sentence is a reminder that if you're mind is resisting what I'm saying to be 100% truth, that feeling you have right now is actually your mind expanding...Let it open up, and at least play along with my story, because I'm getting to the destination in just a moment...

The changes you make in your inner world, most people call it the unconscious mind...but I take it a level deeper.

Deeper than your physical brain.

There is a part of you that is so deep in your unconscious, the changes you make here - are the literal cause of what happens to you on the outside.

This part of you is so deep in the unconscious, that it is actually connected to every other living or non-living thing on this planet.

When you make changes in this part of you, you'll begin to notice that it's almost as if the universe responds and organizes itself to support you on your journey to be living the life you want to live.

So imagine a big long tunnel, that connects you (at some higher dimension) to everything else on your outside world. Think of it like an octopus with an eye on each one of it's 7 tentacles. When one living person (the 1 eye) makes a change, it goes in through the tentacles (unconscious mind) through their internal world, and back out to the other tentacle.

It's all connected.

And since we are all connected, the changes you're about to make in your inner world (your unconscious mind)...may already be here when you look for it on the outside.

Adjust your awareness now on the things you do want..and away from anything you don't want. Because the inner world can't process a negative.

Think in your past:

1. When you didn't want to get rejected...you got rejected, didn't you?
  2. When you thought your action was going to lead to failure, you failed most of the time, didn't you?
Focus on what you DO want, and look for what you DO want to already be here...and you'll begin to notice this. This isn't crazy "woo woo" talk anymore. This is proven by psychology. The Reticular Activating System (RAS) in our brain, brings the things we focus on into our awareness.

And it can't process a negative.

Ok, back to the "woo woo" talk...

Once you make the change here, in your unconscious, the opportunities you've been waiting for will already be here waiting for you...and now as you look in your outer world, you'll begin to notice that the questions you were once having and the things you were wanting....are already here.

Maybe you'll notice more people smile at you in social situations. Or you might notice a business opportunity reach out to you....act on those opportunities, because that is the kind of shift I'm talking about the inner world making.

Because you can now see that the opportunities you want are already here..the only thing left to do is to ACT on them.

Remember, the order.
  1. Being.
  2. Doing.
  3. Having
Now that you just became that person by understanding the inner world concept, and how you now understand that the things that happen in your outside world are actually caused by you and how you arrange your inner world, you can now realize that you can literally create any life that you want...and all of this means you are 100%, the ONLY ONE, in control of your future.

Nobody else.

You are in full control.

Chapter Summary

Isn't that inner world concept kind of cool to think about? That the thoughts (and feelings) in your unconscious mind are somehow transported to everything around you on Earth, and that you can actually control the actions of other people around you by your thoughts....through something internally?

I think that's a pretty cool way of thinking about it. But the cooler thing, for those of you who have been playing along with the way I said things....is that I am also trained as a hypnotist.

I have no clue if that inner world thing works exactly as I described it. That's my visual representation of it.

But I get results when I believe it.

And I do know one thing...when you adopt a mindset and open your mind to believe what I said, or at the very best, you pretend that it is true....it actually works.

By me describing the things to you in some spiritual crazy way....that was my way of speaking to your unconscious mind...and in the unconscious mind, that is where all the real change begins.

Now that you think about it, aren't you left with a little feeling of confidence that you have a little bit more control of your present and future than you used to?

That's the change my crazy story made in you...I told all that to give you control.

You are now in full control of your journey.

The things that happen to you are actually happening for you. The obstacles you now face are no longer a bad thing. Those obstacles hold the lessons for you, teaching you the skills to make you a better person...the type of person who earns the results you want on the outside.

The failures and hard times you face are nothing more than 'slight course readjustments' telling you that you're not taking the actions that align with the life you want to life.

I find it ironic that my 'slight course readjustment', was me laying on the side of the road in the middle of a the wilderness thinking I'm about to die...because of the actions I took.

It's a cute little term for the world failure...but either way, whatever happens to you on this journey, despite how bad it feels...is actually happening for a reason and giving you a hint of what you need to do in order to achieve your goal.

I'll be completely honest...

I believe it 100% as I described it...because it 100% is getting me the results I want in life.

I was fortunate enough to be trained in NLP, hypnosis, and some other stuff I probably shouldn't talk about...but I discovered that by allowing myself to realize that I am in full control of my results, and in full control of the things that happen around me through an inner world, using that story I told you as my logical way of putting it together....when I realized this, I began getting the results I wanted in my life.

One day, I did a full NLP (unconscious mindset) breakthrough session on myself (with the help of a man with 20 years of experience) to make all my business and personal goals become possible:
  • Owning and or investing in/advising 13 different companies that are changing the world for the better.
  • $23,875,150.00 as my net worth.
  • Living in a multi-million dollar modern log style cabin on Lake Tahoe.
  • With a caring wife who supports all of my goals.
The date I set on those goals was once October 2018. And as you can see, most of them are tied to the results of my business.

The very moment the breakthrough session ended, I felt and saw internally....that I already have all those things.

Internally....My bank account is not even close to there on the outside, my Facebook account still reads single, and on the outside I don't "have" those things. But I can't even fully describe it, but literally, I FEEL, SEE, and BELIEVE...that I already have it.

Psychosis? Or did I unlock the keys to the universe? Read on about what happened the very next day...

It's an interesting feeling when I made this internal shift...I can't really describe it except for "knowing it's already here"...but do you want to know the most interesting part?

The very day I made these internal changes...the following happened:
  • I found a business partner who is interested in running one of my companies while I build up the other 12. This happened the day after I made this internal shift.
  • He is already setting up a sales and marketing department in the company to boost revenue.
  • We recently got approached by $100 Million brands in our niche that want to hire our services.
  • I found a freelance video producer to help us grow the media-side of the business, and film advertisements for my personal brand.
  • I somehow transformed into one of those guys who was "the life of the hiking trail" when I went hiking the other day. I used to be one of those shy, introverted people who kept my head down and avoided eye contact out of nervousness. Now I'm "that loud, outgoing" type of guy that I used to secretly hate. Everybody who talked to me seemed to be happy and had a smile on their face. All after I made that internal shift. I was never like this.
  • I've lost a lot of weight recently. I eat HEALTHY food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And you know how healthy food doesn't taste good? I somehow got that same satisfaction from that, as I did from junk food.
  • One of those daydreams I used to have, which I thought was impossible, already came true.
  • And then some stuff is unfolding on the relationship front - but I'll leave that out of this book.
Overall, life is good.

Oh, and literally ALL of this changed within a few days of that breakthrough session where I "felt, saw, believe, and expected...that dream future...to already be here"...internally.

Look, here is the thing...

A lot of what I typed can be interpreted for "spiritual woo woo garbage" and you might be tempted to dismiss it all together. But when you understand what really happened during that breakthrough session ,you will remember that I made these changes using proven psychology of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Release Techniques, and a little hypnosis (the way I used the story of the inner world and told you to play along to help allow the message sink in with your unconscious mind).

But in my mind, I believe the inner world/higher dimension story 100%. One hundred percent.

And you know what? When I mixed both psychology and the inner world story, and believe both....I started to already be getting the results I wanted, much quicker...almost instantly.

In the next chapter, I'll talk more about the NLP and EFT that I did, which allowed me to make that change.

The biggest problem a lot of people at this stage of the game have is that they want to "see things happen" on the outside, before realizing they have to begin changing themselves first, and after that they simply are not acting on the opportunities that come their way.

You won't have a million dollars drop on your lap by making this inner change, but the opportunities that you can easily act on will become abundant. Everything will flow...and go smooth.
  • Manifestation, or
  • Confidence, the right mindset, and awareness.
Whatever you want to call it, it's all the same thing. And when you learn how to change your mindset, you're going to get new results. Hands down. I talk a little bit about it in this thread, but in another thread I posted here, I go deep into mindset.

Change your inner mindset, and you'll change your life...I guarantee that.

When you do this, and change your inner world, opportunities will come pouring your way in massive abundance (as I described what happened to me above).

...but here is what most people miss out.

The opportunities coming their way need to be acted on.

So I kind of have two messages with this chapter, for separate issues.

1. To the spiritual law of attraction crowd who wants to manifest your life...you ARE manifesting your life already, and the opportunities are there already. You either have to open up your eyes and realize they are there....or you have to start acting on them. The people who make the millions of dollars, attract the most people, and have it all...are usually the ones who never heard about manifestation in the first place. They just worked so damn hard in their outside world by taking massive action, that the quick results they were getting from their actions took over and everything fell into place. They "manifested" what they want VERY quickly, by simply taking massive action. So for you...action is the next step.
  2. To the "run forward at all cost" entrepreneurs reading this. You probably didn't believe my story about the inner world...but you really should. Because TRUST ME...when I say this, at the very least, when you pretend to believe it to be true....you'll gain the amount of confidence to take those actions you need to take. And those things that used to stand in your way...are now easier to navigate...because when you change your inner world and align your unconscious mind with your goals...it'll make this journey a hell of a lot easier...because opportunities are already coming your way.
So either way, the next chapter is about mindset and aligning your inner world. If you're already the type of person with a Limitless mindset, and have the confidence you have, and are already getting all of the results you want in your life, the next chapter might seem kind of obvious to you when you reach the end.

After that, we'll get more into the practical business advice.

David Kotevski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 4, 2016
Chapter 3 - Your Inner World.

Preface to this chapter:

You MUST follow these three steps in order, in order to become successful. Not the other way around.
  1. Being.
  2. Doing.
  3. Having

Most people think they have to "Have" the money in the bank account before they can become a millionaire. But if "Having" came before "Being", that would make the order:
  1. Having
  2. Being.
  3. Doing.
But since you have must do something before you can have something...that means the only way to be successful is to follow the order of the first list: You must become the person you want to become, and then do the things you need to do, before you can have the results you want.

So that means you have to become a millionaire (on the inside) before you can have those things on the outside.

And in my world, being a millionaire has nothing to do with money. It has to do with being the type of person who can make shit happen with their life regardless of their external circumstances.

Remember how I warned you about my weird way of explaining things? In your conscious mind, the things I say might not make sense, but in your unconscious, the shift has already been made, and you're already began transforming into the person who has control of their future, as you read this right now.

But didn't that change already happen when you learned to give to people and to stepping past the excuses and making them a distant thing of the past?

Either way, I'm exciting that you're changing as you read this!

On to the content of the chapter...

The Gateway To Our Inner World

Ok, you're going to have to go into this with an open mind.

There are one of two things that can happen now:
  1. You can stick to your current belief systems, expectations, and excuses right now...and approach my "crazy talk" with a closed mind. But I 100% guarantee that anybody who approaches this with a closed mind....is going to continue to get the same results as they are today. If you are 100% absolutely happy with every aspect of your life in this present moment...please, keep your beliefs. If they make you truly happy....keep them (I mean that). But most of the people who resist what I'm about to teach to you in the upcoming chapters are the very same people who are not happy with their life (this is not a coincidence). Open your mind, and you will open yourself to new possibilities. OR you could remain the same and get the same results - the choice is yours.
  2. Option 2 - I literally mean the things I am saying to the most literal extent. And to clarify - the way I describe things is how I personally interpret it. I'm going to bring up visualizations that allow me to demonstrate the point to your unconscious mind. Just by reading what I'm saying next...or at least pretending to believe it while I type it...means that by the end of this chapter, at the very least...you'll realize that you are in full control of your life.
Read with an open mind....because this is just how I interpret things (and this new way of looking at things mysteriously gets people the progress they want to make with their business or brand. Strange stuff...means new results for you. trust me.)

Your whole life, you have been trained by your parents, your teachers, and your society to look into the outside world. You do this not only with your eyes, but with all of your senses...the sounds you hear on the outside, the feelings you feel when things happen to you on the outside.

But have you ever taken the time to explore your inner world?

All the successful people I met are aware of their inner world (but most of them don't talk about it)...is this too much to be coincidence?

I'll be the one to spread the new for them...there is an inner world inside of you, and through this inner world, you are connected to everything else in this universe.

Wouldn't it be cool to learn how to communicate through there?

Like seriously, how could would that be if this is true?

You send a message in through your unconscious, and the people and opportunities magically land on your lap in real life?

The most interesting thing to me when I learned this from the successful people I studied, as you're about to learn now, is that when you change things on your inner world...it actually is the direct cause of the changes you notice in the outer world.

This sentence is a reminder that if you're mind is resisting what I'm saying to be 100% truth, that feeling you have right now is actually your mind expanding...Let it open up, and at least play along with my story, because I'm getting to the destination in just a moment...

The changes you make in your inner world, most people call it the unconscious mind...but I take it a level deeper.

Deeper than your physical brain.

There is a part of you that is so deep in your unconscious, the changes you make here - are the literal cause of what happens to you on the outside.

This part of you is so deep in the unconscious, that it is actually connected to every other living or non-living thing on this planet.

When you make changes in this part of you, you'll begin to notice that it's almost as if the universe responds and organizes itself to support you on your journey to be living the life you want to live.

So imagine a big long tunnel, that connects you (at some higher dimension) to everything else on your outside world. Think of it like an octopus with an eye on each one of it's 7 tentacles. When one living person (the 1 eye) makes a change, it goes in through the tentacles (unconscious mind) through their internal world, and back out to the other tentacle.

It's all connected.

And since we are all connected, the changes you're about to make in your inner world (your unconscious mind)...may already be here when you look for it on the outside.

Adjust your awareness now on the things you do want..and away from anything you don't want. Because the inner world can't process a negative.

Think in your past:

1. When you didn't want to get rejected...you got rejected, didn't you?
  2. When you thought your action was going to lead to failure, you failed most of the time, didn't you?
Focus on what you DO want, and look for what you DO want to already be here...and you'll begin to notice this. This isn't crazy "woo woo" talk anymore. This is proven by psychology. The Reticular Activating System (RAS) in our brain, brings the things we focus on into our awareness.

And it can't process a negative.

Ok, back to the "woo woo" talk...

Once you make the change here, in your unconscious, the opportunities you've been waiting for will already be here waiting for you...and now as you look in your outer world, you'll begin to notice that the questions you were once having and the things you were wanting....are already here.

Maybe you'll notice more people smile at you in social situations. Or you might notice a business opportunity reach out to you....act on those opportunities, because that is the kind of shift I'm talking about the inner world making.

Because you can now see that the opportunities you want are already here..the only thing left to do is to ACT on them.

Remember, the order.

• Being.
    • Doing.
    • Having
Now that you just became that person by understanding the inner world concept, and how you now understand that the things that happen in your outside world are actually caused by you and how you arrange your inner world, you can now realize that you can literally create any life that you want...and all of this means you are 100%, the ONLY ONE, in control of your future.

Nobody else.

You are in full control.

Chapter Summary

Isn't that inner world concept kind of cool to think about? That the thoughts (and feelings) in your unconscious mind are somehow transported to everything around you on Earth, and that you can actually control the actions of other people around you by your thoughts....through something internally?

I think that's a pretty cool way of thinking about it. But the cooler thing, for those of you who have been playing along with the way I said things....is that I am also trained as a hypnotist.

I have no clue if that inner world thing works exactly as I described it. That's my visual representation of it.

But I get results when I believe it.

And I do know one thing...when you adopt a mindset and open your mind to believe what I said, or at the very best, you pretend that it is true....it actually works.

By me describing the things to you in some spiritual crazy way....that was my way of speaking to your unconscious mind...and in the unconscious mind, that is where all the real change begins.

Now that you think about it, aren't you left with a little feeling of confidence that you have a little bit more control of your present and future than you used to?

That's the change my crazy story made in you...I told all that to give you control.

You are now in full control of your journey.

The things that happen to you are actually happening for you. The obstacles you now face are no longer a bad thing. Those obstacles hold the lessons for you, teaching you the skills to make you a better person...the type of person who earns the results you want on the outside.

The failures and hard times you face are nothing more than 'slight course readjustments' telling you that you're not taking the actions that align with the life you want to life.

I find it ironic that my 'slight course readjustment', was me laying on the side of the road in the middle of a the wilderness thinking I'm about to die...because of the actions I took.

It's a cute little term for the world failure...but either way, whatever happens to you on this journey, despite how bad it feels...is actually happening for a reason and giving you a hint of what you need to do in order to achieve your goal.

I'll be completely honest...

I believe it 100% as I described it...because it 100% is getting me the results I want in life.

I was fortunate enough to be trained in NLP, hypnosis, and some other stuff I probably shouldn't talk about...but I discovered that by allowing myself to realize that I am in full control of my results, and in full control of the things that happen around me through an inner world, using that story I told you as my logical way of putting it together....when I realized this, I began getting the results I wanted in my life.

One day, I did a full NLP (unconscious mindset) breakthrough session on myself (with the help of a man with 20 years of experience) to make all my business and personal goals become possible:
  • Owning and or investing in/advising 13 different companies that are changing the world for the better.
  • $23,875,150.00 as my net worth.
  • Living in a multi-million dollar modern log style cabin on Lake Tahoe.
  • With a caring wife who supports all of my goals.
The date I set on those goals was once October 2018. And as you can see, most of them are tied to the results of my business.

The very moment the breakthrough session ended, I felt and saw internally....that I already have all those things.

Internally....My bank account is not even close to there on the outside, my Facebook account still reads single, and on the outside I don't "have" those things. But I can't even fully describe it, but literally, I FEEL, SEE, and BELIEVE...that I already have it.

Psychosis? Or did I unlock the keys to the universe? Read on about what happened the very next day...

It's an interesting feeling when I made this internal shift...I can't really describe it except for "knowing it's already here"...but do you want to know the most interesting part?

The very day I made these internal changes...the following happened:
  • I found a business partner who is interested in running one of my companies while I build up the other 12. This happened the day after I made this internal shift.
  • He is already setting up a sales and marketing department in the company to boost revenue.
  • We recently got approached by $100 Million brands in our niche that want to hire our services.
  • I found a freelance video producer to help us grow the media-side of the business, and film advertisements for my personal brand.
  • I somehow transformed into one of those guys who was "the life of the hiking trail" when I went hiking the other day. I used to be one of those shy, introverted people who kept my head down and avoided eye contact out of nervousness. Now I'm "that loud, outgoing" type of guy that I used to secretly hate. Everybody who talked to me seemed to be happy and had a smile on their face. All after I made that internal shift. I was never like this.
  • I've lost a lot of weight recently. I eat HEALTHY food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And you know how healthy food doesn't taste good? I somehow got that same satisfaction from that, as I did from junk food.
  • One of those daydreams I used to have, which I thought was impossible, already came true.
  • And then some stuff is unfolding on the relationship front - but I'll leave that out of this book.
Overall, life is good.

Oh, and literally ALL of this changed within a few days of that breakthrough session where I "felt, saw, believe, and expected...that dream future...to already be here"...internally.

Look, here is the thing...

A lot of what I typed can be interpreted for "spiritual woo woo garbage" and you might be tempted to dismiss it all together. But when you understand what really happened during that breakthrough session ,you will remember that I made these changes using proven psychology of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Release Techniques, and a little hypnosis (the way I used the story of the inner world and told you to play along to help allow the message sink in with your unconscious mind).

But in my mind, I believe the inner world/higher dimension story 100%. One hundred percent.

And you know what? When I mixed both psychology and the inner world story, and believe both....I started to already be getting the results I wanted, much quicker...almost instantly.

In the next chapter, I'll talk more about the NLP and EFT that I did, which allowed me to make that change.

The biggest problem a lot of people at this stage of the game have is that they want to "see things happen" on the outside, before realizing they have to begin changing themselves first, and after that they simply are not acting on the opportunities that come their way.

You won't have a million dollars drop on your lap by making this inner change, but the opportunities that you can easily act on will become abundant. Everything will flow...and go smooth.
  • Manifestation, or
  • Confidence, the right mindset, and awareness.
Whatever you want to call it, it's all the same thing. And when you learn how to change your mindset, you're going to get new results. Hands down. I talk a little bit about it in this thread, but in another thread I posted here, I go deep into mindset.

Change your inner mindset, and you'll change your life...I guarantee that.

When you do this, and change your inner world, opportunities will come pouring your way in massive abundance (as I described what happened to me above).

...but here is what most people miss out.

The opportunities coming their way need to be acted on.

So I kind of have two messages with this chapter, for separate issues.

1. To the spiritual law of attraction crowd who wants to manifest your life...you ARE manifesting your life already, and the opportunities are there already. You either have to open up your eyes and realize they are there....or you have to start acting on them. The people who make the millions of dollars, attract the most people, and have it all...are usually the ones who never heard about manifestation in the first place. They just worked so damn hard in their outside world by taking massive action, that the quick results they were getting from their actions took over and everything fell into place. They "manifested" what they want VERY quickly, by simply taking massive action. So for you...action is the next step.
  2. To the "run forward at all cost" entrepreneurs reading this. You probably didn't believe my story about the inner world...but you really should. Because TRUST ME...when I say this, at the very least, when you pretend to believe it to be true....you'll gain the amount of confidence to take those actions you need to take. And those things that used to stand in your way...are now easier to navigate...because when you change your inner world and align your unconscious mind with your goals...it'll make this journey a hell of a lot easier...because opportunities are already coming your way.
So either way, the next chapter is about mindset and aligning your inner world. If you're already the type of person with a Limitless mindset, and have the confidence you have, and are already getting all of the results you want in your life, the next chapter might seem kind of obvious to you when you reach the end.

After that, we'll get more into the practical business advice.
I believe you 100% about the inner world. I might not have made it yet but knowing that I will be successful no matter how many times I try is a great outlook to have and focusing on giving instead of taking has truely opened my mind for the rest of my life.

That was a very good read and spot on glad there are people with similar mindsets like myself in the world.

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana

I feel this is why people dislike and are unhappy with thier jobs. It is difficult (but not impossible) to be positive in a work environment where your energy is being drained faster than you can create positive outcomes. I also feel this feeling can become infectious, leading to stagnation in your personal growth. For those still out there with day jobs, stop hating your environment/self and find more positive vibrations. Thanks Andrew for these awesome posts and giving it to us, freely. This will go gold, and be paid back to numerous times over.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Disclaimer since I didn't edit this book yet - Listen to what I say about getting professional help with the emotions and adjusting your unconscious BEFORE you make any changes. I need to put warnings there and provide more context. I just wrote this to allow you know how quickly you can change.

Chapter 4 - Becoming The Creator of Your Universe.

Ok, two things.

First off...I think the title implies that by the end of this chapter, you will technically become.... ...ok I probably shouldn't use that word here due to forum rules.

But using that word in my sales copy for this will definitely stir up some controversy and lead to more book sales (I'm posting a lot of my book here for free if you couldn't tell)...I'll definitely use that word in my book.

Like, wouldn't that over-the-top description be the best way for me to describe the power of the technique that you're about to learn in this chapter of this thread? When at the very least, it'll lead to that mental transformation that prepares you for the journey to come (And don't worry - in the next chapter we are getting to the actual business lessons so you can stop getting caught up in your own head, and start learning real world skills and taking real action.).

Below is the "algorithm" I created which completely rewires your unconscious mind, and aligns you with success. It is the result of a combination of NLP and EFT. When you operate from this standpoint, anything is possible in your life.

I'm writing another book (have another thread) on the topic, so I'll just go over the important stuff and the quick re-programming method that is all you need to know in order to become the person ready for this journey.

Let's still roll with the inner world story where there is legitimately a connection inside you, through your internal world, connecting you invisibly to everything else on earth.

It's a much more empowering way to look at things...

Ok, so the first thing to realize is that your life is one big self-fulfilling prophecy. Imagine that what you see in your outer world is a virtual reality projector that projects from the things that happen inside of you.
  1. Your beliefs.
  2. Your expectations.
  3. Your attachments.
  4. And, of course, your actions (that's what the rest of the book is about).
Whatever you believe and expect to be true is your "remote control" to the movie you are projecting onto this waking life we call Earth. Haven't you noticed in the past that the things that happen to you are aligned with your beliefs?

What if you can change your beliefs to any belief you want, and that new belief will be supported in your reality? Maybe?

Everybody lives in their own version of reality.

Although what you see on the outside has a lot in common (the way the earth looks, the physical location of things, etc.), your experience and what happens in your life is different.

With NLP and EFT - you can teleport to a new reality where anything you want is possible. You do this by learning how to instantly change your beliefs and expectations, and release the negative emotions that are the "glue" that makes the reality you feel stuck in seem so real (translation - it's not the only one, your past is definitely not your future).

To make it REAL simple for second.

Three people can look at a clown. One can be scared, one can be amused, and one can not care.

What most people don't know, is that with NLP, you can choose what you experience in your reality.

Not only can you choose to not be scared of things, but literally the movie that projects out from your unconscious mind...can be ANYTHING you want it.

So how do you change the channel and start watching the movie you want to experience in this life?

This is where NLP came into the picture for me. You see, with NLP, you can instantly and easily rewire your unconscious brain.

I gave the example in the last chapter with the results it got me (business and relationship opportunities). But how did we make that change?

The first thing to do is realize that your unconscious mind, in NLP terms is like a hologram in your imagination, and not like a physical part of your brain.

Think of your favorite food and bring up a mental picture:
  • Where is the location of that picture in your mind?
  • How near or far away from you is it?
  • How big or small is it?
  • Is it black and white or color?
  • Is it light or dark.
All these details of the picture represent how we encode memories with our unconscious mind (our connection to the inner world)...when you learn how to rearrange these pictures (and sounds and feelings), it's like you speak the language of the unconscious, and you can create instant change with all those things you've wanted to change in the past.

The change happens internally, and then it projects out externally.

While most people try to break a habit in 21 days, and usually give up with a lack of willpower...they don't realize they can re-wire bad habits and beliefs instantly. I gave up a fast food addiction with a 5 second thought process. All this, and more is possible with NLP, but I'm going to take you to a place in your mind behind all that, so you won't even need to learn all the things I learned.

For now, as an exercise just bring up the details of that mental picture in your mind of your favorite food.

Imagine this picture as a slide that goes on a movie projector and projects out on to a movie screen.

• The movie screen is your life.
  • The slide is the filter that you can instantly change in your unconscious.
  • And you are the light behind the movie projector.
From this standpoint, everything is a projection out into your world, and begins internally. But since you are the light, the filters are not a part of you and you can choose to change the experience you have in life, right now...today.

Now, if you get that picture, imagine grabbing it in your hands, and smashing it as hard as you can on the ground...when you remove the slide, you remove that from your reality.

But when you did this, the slide of craving your favorite food is still there.

And that is where EFT comes in - While the mental pictures (and the details of it) are the slide/filter that projects in front of you into the world...the emotions are the glue that keep that picture playing on the movie reel in front of you.

When the emotions keep the slide stuck in place, the reality you're in right now seems so real...and it must seem like it's the only one.

It's not.

Imagine again that you are the bright light behind the movie reel.

You, at the deepest level, are that light. And the beliefs and expectations you have in your mind are those mental pictures (the slides on the movie reel in front of you).

And since they are just slides, and not you...you can get rid of them and they'll never play again.

So while some people learn NLP to remove those slides, and then use EFT to remove the emotions that keep them stuck to the movie that you see playing in your life...I discovered a quick way to change that movie that plays on the screen.

Seek consultation from somebody trained in NLP and EFT - because some beliefs are there for a reason, and using EFT, I was able to release the negative emotions that were stuck to those beliefs...and those emotions kept me stuck to that reality.

But I released those emotions, broke those negative slides, and now I can live any life I want (I gave you practical examples of the quick opportunities that came my way in the last chapter).

Remember, at the deepest level, deep past your unconscious mind, you are that light, which is the light of the movie projector.

As the light, you can control how big and bright you get.

So what if...for a moment, you realize that you have infinite access to any movie that you can play on your screen in front of you in this life...so how about you turn up the brightness of the light, which you are now...

Turn up the intensity and melt away any and all movies that were playing in front of you, when the negative emotions or attachments are gone...So now you see the bright light from the movie projector, and a blank screen all around you.

When you realize that you are the light, and you can grab a new slide, and start playing that....doesn't it seem easier to begin noticing that a lot of the things you believe and expected to be true in your life were true in the past...but only because you projected the to be true?

The slides were a false sense of who you thought you were.

Now, you can choose what experience you want to have in this life.

I'm writing a whole other topic about that, helping others through the process of removing negative emotions and limiting beliefs...but the purpose for this chapter right here is to allow you to realize that at the deepest level, those self-imposed limitations or emotions that prevented you from taking action are very QUICK and EASY to remove...because they are not you...because you are the light in that movie projector, and they were simply the slides in front of you.

</hypnosis session>

That was fun to imagine, wasn't it?

No, how empowered do you feel now that you realize you can literally create any reality you want?

Now, for sure you can choose to set large goals, and already see them there waiting for you.

You now realize that you, and only you are in control of where you go in life.

The things that happen to you, are actually happening for you.

The obstacles you face are good, because they hold lessons.

The failures you have are a simple course correction to let you know you need to start taking some new actions.

And now, when you go do your research, and learn how to do NLP and EFT, or get help from someone that does - you will already see, feel, and KNOW that, in your internal world, thsoe things you once wanted area already here.

When you choose to believe and expect positive results in your life, and allow yourself to release the negative emotions that hold you back to watching the same movie over and over some more, and release/detach from the need to attain any specific outcome.....you can realize that the person you become is the first thing that changes...and from now, it's just a matter of learning the skills and acting on the opportunities that are already there waiting for you.

I mean, you are reading this now because you want to have success in business. I'm handing you the answers you were once waiting for.

Doesn't this go to show that you are already projecting the things you want right before your eyes?

So how about you expect that you already have the life you want to life? Maybe?

When you do this, you might start to notice things come into your awareness to help you get there.

...such as the real-world business training you're about to get in the next chapter....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for....

Andrew is done with the "woo woo" mindset rants...and we can now learn how to find the.....

wait for it...

wait for it....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Section 2

Ok, maybe I hyped it up a little too soon, this chapter is to serve as a warning for those of you out here who don't really know what the life of an entrepreneur is really like...

Then we'll talk about the million dollar business ideas....

Chapter 5 - The Entrepreneur Lifestyle

If I were to write some sales copy for the life of an entrepreneur, I would frame it up as the following:

• You have literally unlimited earning potential. You can literally make billions of dollars in the matter of a few years with the right type of company (this is true).
  • You can be your own boss, create your own hours, and become location independent (this is also true).
  • It is possible that you can make a lot of money in a very short amount of time (this is also true).
  • By the time you become a successful entrepreneur, you'll develop the deeper level personality traits so that every area of your life will turn around for the better. You will be happy, people will look up to you socially, you will attract more people (and this is also true).
But if I were to write an actual job description for the amount of work it takes to get there, I would frame it up a little bit differently. And this description can be agreed upon by virtually any successful entrepreneur who has "made it".

Entrepreneur Job Description:
If you're new to this mindset, you're going to have to throw out virtually everything you've been taught to believe growing up. Society conditions people in a very specific way, and most people buy into this "official story". Entrepreneurs don't fit into the mold, so there is an initial resistance when they finally choose to break free.

You, on the other hand, see that there is another way to live, so you decide to chase your dreams. Don't let the opinions of others (the glue) hold you to that old way of living you don't want to live anymore.

First off, your friends and family will fill you with doubts and hold you back, telling you that you're making the wrong decisions. You will have this doubt creep into you...and you might actually believe it yourself.

This creates an internal emotional struggle. But what if you simply were confident enough that you CAN make it, and that it is simply a different path that they are not used to...and take these steps now?

Don't try to convince them. They will understand when you get there.

Then, you're going to pretty much be at a point where you'll have to figure out how to learn everything on your own. You will have no clue where to start, and it is almost as if you're looking into the darkness in front of you where every step you take will feel like you're on the edge of a dark canyon that you are about to fall down.

You'll stand where you are for a while, scared to make that first step, and after a while, you'll realize that your life didn't change when you didn't take action. You're still stuck at a job that you hate, and you're not making any money with your business...while you see others out there in the media have "quick successes".

You don't yet realize that they went through these same struggles.

So you take action, and you fail.

You face obstacles, and you fail.

You then begin to fail a lot. Then you fail so many times until you run out of failures you could possibly have in one lifetime...and you begin to succeed.

But you could have gotten there a whole lot quicker if you just simply took constant action. ANY action. Get a mentor if you don't know what to do. Getting a mentor will feel like another struggle if you don't know how to find one.

This book is your mentor.

Then you'll reach a point where you make a little bit of money. You quit the safety of your day job (after way too long by the time you look back on it).

Then you look back and realize that having your first small success was a lot easier than you made it out to be in your mind. You could have taking more action sooner, and quit your job sooner.

After this, you will fail, maybe lose all your money multiple times, face your worst inner demons and fears...bad things will happen to you. You might even be lucky enough to go homeless, and you will fail some more.

Do you still want this job of being a successful entrepreneur? It sure has a lot of work to it!

Oh, and you will be putting in a LOT of work without any immediate results. Refer back to chapter 1 and the energy you put in the universe. On this journey, it is delayed.

You put in the work first, and then wait months to see the results.

Most people give up because they don't see results right away.

Then on the other side of all this pain, your friends and family leaving you (in some cases)....you have your first big success.

On the other side of all this struggle, is success.

But most people give up during the struggle, because they don't know that it only means that they are on the right path.

And by the time you are able to have all those fancy things you once dreamed of, you might not even want them anymore, realizing that the true journey you went through is about becoming that person you always wanted to become...and living the life you always wanted to live.

It's a LOT of work (which most people don't understand), but it's faily easy work with the right attitude and mindset...but in the end it is 100%, 100% worth it.

That right there, is a quick description of what it is REALLY like to be an entrepreneur.

They make it sound so easy on TV...

And I made it sound so easy with my mindset chapter.....

Drewskay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 11, 2016
Atlanta
Amazing stuff. I'm at the beginning of my journey and I feel like this exactly what I needed to read at this point. MASSIVE VALUE in this thread. Looking forward to reading the future chapters. Thanks!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Side note - This might go in my other book because it's more mindset

Ok, if you still want to continue on this journey, knowing all the risks and rewards, you're going to have to learn how to take action.

Motivational videos are bullshit. They get you hyped up and give you a feel-good emotion.

And then you do nothing.

If you want to learn how you are biologically programmed to take action, go light yourself on fire (disclaimer - I am not responsible for your decisions - I am writing a story..not telling you to do something).

So when you light yourself on fire, are you going to procrastinate or are you going to run as fast as you can into the water to cool you off?

The latter.

Our unconscious mind only works in real time so it doesn't understand those long term goals you have and how great they will be. It wants the here and the now.

As a result, we run away from immediate pain and we run towards immediate pleasure.

Write a $100 check to a trusted friend and tell them they get to cash the check if you don't do a specific task by a specific time, today.

Make sure it is action-oriented and not result-oriented. For example, you can control that you'll drive to the gym in the next hour (action-oriented). Having to bench press 300 pounds is result-oriented, so that is a bad accountability goal to have (at the beginning stage of the game).

But now that I think about it, it's a good accountability goal to have because the results you get are the only things that matter.

And since you'll feel immediate pain if you don't hit the goal the first time....pre-write 10 checks and hand them all to your friend at once, and set those goals that will light a fire under your a$$ so you take action today....now.

Disclaimer: Seriously, don't light yourself on fire.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 6 - The Million Dollar "Idea"

Ok, let's cut through the bullshit again.

There is no such thing as a business idea. Say it out loud with me as you read it again. There is no such thing as a business idea.

Can you be "the next Facebook". Yes, it's possible. Not necessarily in the social network type of sense, but in terms of building a billion dollar company that impacts a lot of people. Yes, it's possible.

But now let's explore the root of all business ideas.

Since there is no such thing as a business idea, what should you go looking for now? Because I know you've been looking for the idea, and you haven't found it yet.

It hasn't been found, because it's not real!

So this is what you should be looking for: Entertainment to provide, needs to fulfill in people's lives, and problems to solve.

Let's group all of that together in one easy phrase "problems to solve."

You know, I spent way too long sitting behind the screen of my computer, in my room, by myself trying to think up the perfect business idea. Then, like any up-and-coming entrepreneur, I learned that I need to do "idea extraction" so I finally worked up the nerve to email people.

"What problems do you have in your life, I want to fix them for you!", I said.

The lack of replies usually hinted at the fact that my email was a problem for them in the first place. It was too general, too vague.

Ideas are abundance when you get out of your house.

The single, best way to find the business to start is to begin talking to people who are passionate about one specific area of life.

These, passionate, dedicated people may not be entrepreneurs themselves, but they know the ins and outs of the industry.

This is a time to get out of your comfort zone, experience new cultures, and ask probing questions.

When people answer, listen to their answers and STOP trying to lead them in a specific direction, thinking you know what the problem is.

Trust me, I've done it. You don't know the problem. They do.

They know the industry, and you won't make sales unless you cater to the industry.

The perfect example tonight is when I was talking to a friend of mine who rides motorcycles, and has been doing that for YEARS. He is PASSIONATE about motorcycles.

His instagram is filled with them.

...and he's not an entrepreneur.

"What's the hot thing for motorcycle riders now?" I asked.

"Customized clothing and accessories." He responded.

"Oh, so like jackets, and helmets? That would be a cool brand to build. How could someone make these jackets unique?" I replied, thinking I found the business idea.

"No, like literal clothing. T shirts and sweatshirts with designs on them." He replied.

STOP.

You have two choices here...you can.
  1. Start trying to impose YOUR ideas onto the EXPERT CUSTOMER of the industry, who knows what he wants to buy (and get nowhere).
  2. Or you could LISTEN to him at face value, and maybe ask other motorcycle riders what they think about the custom T shirts and Sweatshirts thing (and get closer to your BUSINESS IDEA).
I went to a vegan meetup group tonight.

I like to sell information products. Digital, online, they deliver instantly and I don't have to ship it.

"Oh, I notice a lot of vegan food options in the stores now." I mention.

"Yeah, they have vegan EVERYTHING now. So many different companies are competing for shelf space." He replied (he knew a little bit about business).

"So you're saying that there's not a new type of food we could veganize?: I asked.

"No, they got it all now. Pizza/cheese, almond milk, you name it...they already sell it", He said.

"So how do you stand out in the industry and start a business in this market?" I ask.

He thinks to himself...hmm.

"If you can make something that tastes better than the rest." he replied.

So if I find something like vegan pizza, and can make it taste better....THAT is my business idea right there.

Summary - You gotta get off your computer and talk to people that are immersed in different markets. Immerse yourself in different markets. Go to a gym, dog park, vegan meetup group, you name it!

Get out and TALK to people about their passion, and that is the "gateway" to the million dollar business idea.

FiqqVales

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 13, 2015
Malaysia
Bookmarked this. Really loved it. Just finished the first chapter and I want to stop right there and digest it for today before proceed to another brilliant chapter. I've also just finished reading "The Go-Giver" which told the same story like the first chapter and I totally agree with it.

The "intent" part is where I should change within myself and it's hard not to thing about what I should get in return but I just can feel it when my intent is right, I won't easily going to give up or getting easily dishearten because it's not money that I want to chase, but I want to change/help the world with what I'm offering.

Baker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2015
Is this part of a book you are writing or is it just for the thread?

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Chapter 1 - She'll Sleep With Me When I Become a Millionaire!

Will you have sex with me?

I mean, you're really hot...I work in fast food for minimum wage, I live with my parents. If I accidentally get you pregnant, you won't have my number to ever find me again. Oh, and since the only food I can afford is fast food and potato chips, I'm about 40 pounds overweight.

In my spare time, I play video games that I "borrowed" from my friends, and never returned.

So....about the child that I put inside of you....All of this means that the child you're about to spend 18 years raising as a single mother will probably come out with the worst possible genetic makeup possible, and probably will turn out just like me.

But you're hot...so will you have sex with me?

That is exactly how I feel around 99% of the people I meet. I feel like that hot girl at the bar.

I'd say a good 99% of society thinks this way. It's all about TAKE TAKE TAKE. Selfish, I tell you! People like that do nothing but think about what's in it for themselves. And this is why most of this country is in terrible health, living in poverty, and just counting down the days until they can retire from their shitty job, and eventually die.

If you don't make this simple, yet life-altering adjustment, that is what your life is going to look like. The girl (or guy) you are talking to will do everything in their power to get away from you as quickly as possible. You'll be stuck at a low waged job that drains the life out of you...and one day you'll be on your deathbed, looking back at a life of disgust, dying broke, alone, and having accomplished nothing in this life.

</rant over>

Ok, well that was one hell of an introduction for a thread on entrepreneurship.

I should probably introduce myself before you learn about a simple shift you can make right now, which will turn you down the path of becoming a millionaire. My name is Andrew Alexander, and I've been on these forums for a little more than four years, and I made all the mistakes you can make when trying to make a lot of money.

Now, you're reading this today so you can learn those lessons I learned from my 3 profitable and 11 failing businesses...but it won't take you four years to do it. We all know time is our most valuable asset, so the time you take to read through ALL of these posts will be time saved and money gained.

By the end of reading this thread, you're going to know everything you need to know about starting and growing your business.

And do you know the best part about it!? In that little one-night-stand story above, you learned the most valuable lesson you could ever learn on this journey, and you're moments away from learning this lesson, but first, it's important to understand your business goals....

6. All of the above.
  7. None of the above.
Answer honestly. You can choose multiple answers.

If you answered #6, congratulations! You are well on your way to being a bigger a**hole than the bar creep in the beginning of this story!

Seriously, how do you feel when somebody takes from you? Whether it's a person that is wasting your time when you have something important to do, the hacker who empties the life savings from your bank account, or a thief that breaks into your house and steals your most prized possessions.

So let's get things straight right now, THAT is exactly how people will feel around you when you operate from a selfish perspective.

"I want this from you...I want that for you...and I want it all without doing anything to earn it."

Today, as you read this now, all those past actions and selfish desires of trying to take from others STOPS...now.

BECAUSE...

You already know how great it feels when somebody goes out of their way to genuinely help you with something. You know how great you feel when you listen to your favorite song from your favorite musician. You know how great you feel after watching an amazing movie or reading an awesome book.

And that means you already know how great other people will feel when you go out of your way to help them, and all of this means that the more that you give (with pure intent of helping others), the more you will receive.

This right here my friends, is the law of reciprocity, and by following the law of reciprocity (and the other posts on this thread), not only will you become a millionaire, but you will also have better relationships (when you give to others around you), and you will one day already have everything you already dreamed of having in life.

THIS is the "big secret" that turned me from a struggling wantrepreneur into somebody who finally started a business that impacted the lives of over 900,000 people, and allowed me to make some money and travel around in the process....

This is a lesson taught to me from every single one of my millionaire mentors...

The Law of Reciprocity

This law states that the more you give, the more you receive.

You see, while 99% of people are out there expecting their free handouts from other people, begging like the fools that they are, trying to take...all of the multi-millionaires and famous actors/singers/celebrities that I networked with over the past four years learned that the secret to having success is not only changing their focus to give more, but they also pay attention to the more subtle energy behind what they do.

Yes they give, we all know that by now. Whether it's great products, great songs, great books, or entertainment, the specific thing you give doesn't matter, as long as people like it. But what does matter is that the intent behind the giving is from pure intent to help others...and they don't do it selfishly expecting anything in return.

It's that intent and subtle energy behind your actions which is the final extra-credit points that pushed you over the curve from failing on the test(of life) to winning in every way possible.

I feel like everything I said above could be summarized in the following statement, which one of my mentors told me years ago, right before I had my first big breakthrough in business and finally made enough money to quit my job and FINALLY have all those nice things and experiences I once wanted:

He said to me:

"When you make the shift from trying to take from others, and you begin to give to others...give a LOT of value to a LOT of people, that is the only thing you need to know to transform into a millionaire today. The money won't appear in your bank account yet, but when you start giving, instead of taking, you already made that shift from the 99% to the 1% who seem to have it all.

While you hear all those out there calling the top 1% of society greedy, those people have no F*cking clue what they are talking about.

In order for those people to get those sports cars, houses, travel, freedom, they had to give a whole lot in order to get what they have today. Do you think my selfish desires made me my first $50 million?

Give, and you shall receive. It's really that simple, yet most people don't seem to get it."

So why does this work?

Before I tell you why this works, let me warn you. I have a very unique way of describing things. With me, It's best not to take the words I say literally, but to use the imagery and descriptions I use as a creative way to allow the deeper lesson to make sense.

I spent the past few years of my life studying the unconscious mind, hypnosis, NLP, and I've developed an...algorithm... for making quick and lasting change in the mental programming of the people I talk to. I reprogram them for success.

Just the other week, I met Craig. Craig was struggling with his online business for YEARS, hating his job, ready to quit...and within three weeks of the programming I gave him, and the experience he gained in the process, he is already making sales with large clients in the industry and is building out a sales and marketing team.

...in 3 weeks.

So once again, I tell that story to illustrate that the way I describe things shouldn't be taken literally. The imagery and the "craziness" will be used to allow things to click on your unconscious mind, and when things click there...you are already well on your way to success, just like Craig.

By the time you finish reading this chapter, things will have already clicked for you.

The reason why the Law of Reciprocity works is because of the energy and intent behind your actions.

"The more you give (with pure intent behind your actions), the more you receive."

Ok, do you see that guy on the previous page who is still standing at the bar trying to have sex with that girl? He's now buying her a drink.

Why is he buying her a drink?

Because he wants to have sex with her. Plain and simple.

That is how most people think the Law works. They give her a drink, she gives sex. But they ignore the intent behind it.

He tried to take from her, and she took the drink from him.

I'm not religious, but isn't there some religious book out there (or all of them) which state "Do onto others as you wish to be done on to you." He took...so someone took from him.

This is not a coincidence. This is a law of quantum physics.

What if, instead of doing what 99% of people do to her, he introduced himself, told her about some exciting day-trip he's going on this weekend, and offers to bring her along for the fun experience?

Wouldn't that have a much higher success rate when he does it from a giving standpoint?

He would provide her with a fun experience...and in the process, he would have a fun experience.

Maybe?

The universe, at the most fundamental levels is made up of vibrations of energy. I was watching a quantum physics video the other day where the scientists talk about how they are using the most powerful microscopes ever made. The latest breakthroughs in science. When they zoomed in close enough, on the solid metal that makes up a freight train, beyond the atoms and electrons....what they saw was 99.99999999999% empty space.

When your vocal chords vibrate....it causes vibrations to go through the air, and those vibrations go into a person's ear, and their brain interprets those vibrations to give them meaning....aka words.

At the most fundamental level, everything...EVERYTHING...is energy.

Imagine that every energy molecule is like a little round ping pong ball. Cover that molecule with dog shit, throw it against the wall in front of you, and guess what's about to fly into your face?

A big pile of dog shit.

But what if you fill it up with something good? Like beer! Throw that ping pong ball, and you now have a good game of beer pong going.

Drink up.

Legal Disclaimer From My Lawyer: Please drink responsibly.

And since The Law of Reciprocity states that what you GIVE, is what you RECEIVE, take a moment to see what kind of energy you're giving off to people!

What you do for others really is what comes back to you in life. How much are you ready to give to the world, knowing what you know now?

Like I mentioned earlier, I spent years studying human behavior and the unconscious mind and mixed that with the knowledge I learned from surrounding myself with successful people. At the deepest level, in our unconscious, people can sense the energy you're giving off.
It is so subtle, that most people don't consciously realize that any of this is happening, but this subtle energy is actually the trigger for the person's response to you, at an unconscious level.

Think of it almost as sonar on a submarine. You ping out that energy into the universe, and it is reflected back to you.

And since you've already just made this shift to always be giving with positive intent....the things you'll begin to notice to ping back to you will all be positive.

This is where things get a little crazy...

Like I said before, you don't have to take this literally...I phrase things oddly to allow the lesson to easily make sense to you....

Imaging that we are all connected by some unseen force in a higher dimension. Some invisible energy that goes through tubes into some power source that connects us all. You sent your energy into the universe through one person, but it might not come back to you from them

When you do something good and positively help one person, you create an energetic imbalance in the universe. And the universe has a rule that it always has to be balanced, so it stores up that energy to deliver back to you.

The universe owes you your reward, but you don't get it back from that person you helped first (always).

A few weeks later, that energy might creep back down into this dimension here on Earth, and come back to you through another person.

In a more practical sense, maybe that person you helped referred you to their friends and their friend wants to be a client of yours. That girl or guy you helped out with their fitness raved to their single friend about you, and set you up for a date.

When you create an imbalance in the universe, that energy you give off will find a way to come back to you...and not usually by the person you help.

Here is some more good news...a little bit can go a long way.

From this point forward, just like that sonar, think of the energy you put out into the universe being reflected back to you. The other week I was standing on stage and used this as a demonstration: I pulled one person up on stage and said to repeat after me.

Andrew: "Hello" (in a normal voice).
Samantha: "Hello" (her reply)

I thanked her and she went back to her seat. I then asked the entire audience to do the same thing.

Andrew: "Hello" (in the same exact voice, exerting the same amount of energy as I did to Samantha).
Audience: "Hello" (20 people replied)

Same energy exerted, but it traveled through 20 people, so you get paid back 20x as much. I'd say that this is one hell of an exchange rate. It's like going to the bank with $1 and coming out with a $20 bill.

But what if you can give to millions of people?

How does all of this help you with becoming a millionaire?

Let's say you write a book and a publisher picks it up to do all the distribution, sales, and marketing. All you have to do now is collect a royalty check for the rest of your life.

The same amount of energy you put into a book that 1 person reads is the same amount of energy that you put into a book that a million people read.

The energy you put out, when it helps more people, means you have a much larger imbalance in the universe, and you'll finally begin to get all the things you wanted, but only after you give.

It all starts with you learning to give with pure intent to a large number of people.

And when you do that, you'll be well on your way to success.

This right here, ladies and gents...is the scientific reason why The Law of Reciprocity works, and why you will be able to accomplish anything you want in life when you use it.
  • You can be that billionaire entrepreneur who wants to solve problems for billions of people.
  • You can have your own local consulting service when you help the needs of your local community.
  • You can be a famous singer who sings beautiful music for hundreds of thousands or millions of fans.
  • You can be that best selling author, when you write that book that people enjoy.
  • You can be that movie star, when you learn to put on a show.
In all of their cases, the energy that came back to them was delayed. They put in the work for years, and kept on giving...giving...giving...then one day, they sign that record deal, or hit the New York Times Best Sellers List.

The results are delayed, so just keep giving....

And one day, when you give to enough people, on this day, today, you are already this multi-millionaire entrepreneur who drives that fancy car, and lives in that big mansion...where the 99% will be pointing at you, calling you greedy and that you should share your wealth with them.

And on this day, you'll already have realized that you've just made this switch to giving, you will look back at them and say to yourself "They just don't get it..."

Maybe one day they will, and one day, they will be able to learn what it finally takes to get all those things they wanted in life...because the big secret they've been waiting for is that they should give more.

It'd be cool if they knew this, and maybe I'll tell them to buy this book...but for now, I have to focus on me. It is now my time to put this knowledge to use, and start giving more, because I already made that shift to becoming the 1%.

The Law of Reciprocity is that "big secret" you've been waiting for...now let's get started with building your business!

Chapter exercise:
You already know that you have to give in order to receive those things in the 7 question survey you answered before.

6. All of the above.
  7. None of the above.
But what if, instead of starting a business to try to get those things (you already know they will come), you start building your business or personal brand today because you want to help others?

Shift 100% of the focus away from the goals and towards the customers or fans.

What if you detach from the outcome, and actually enjoy giving the things you are meant to give? Won't that make the process of building a business or your brand a lot more fun, and even if you don't make a million dollars, you'll still have the fun experience of doing these things?

No matter what you do now, because you're having fun doing it...you can't not succeed!

If you changed your answer to #7 - and your goal is to help others, please move on to the next chapter...

Wow! Thank you @AndrewNC for such a powerful lesson you've given me here!

I'd like to add to that by saying that "What you give may leave your hands or leave your sight but it CAN NEVER leave your life. It must come back to you". You made this golden lesson really click. I can't wait to get more of these from you. Thanks a lot.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Is this part of a book you are writing or is it just for the thread?
I just started writing last night, so we'll see where it goes :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
OK - So let's recap where we are so far.

• You already know that your past and current situation DOESN'T MATTER. What's that word? Zero Percent.
  • Everyone who you see already being successful went through the same struggles you went through, and now that you understand that, you realize the most important lesson on this journey...
  • YOU and only YOU (your actions) control where you go in life.
  • Oh, and the movie projector light thing is true - so you can now easily and effortlessly spot opportunities in your life.
  • Every obstacle is a gift with a lesson. Now that you embrace the lessons, you crave these obstacles and they are fun to conquer!
  • Every failure is a simple course adjustment (such as when I thought I Was dying in the wilderness)...simple course adjustment to get you to where you want to be.
  • The sales copy for being an entrepreneur is nothing like the REAL job description.
And that is where we ended the woo woo feel good stuff. Now that you have the mindset, that'll get you nowhere.

• And you already learned the first business lesson that there is no such thing as a business idea. How do you find problems to solve? Immerse yourself around people who are passionate about a specific market or hobby (veganism, yoga, motorcycles, painting, you name it).
But here is the thing..you are MY market. I understand you, because I was you in the past. So therefore I know that all the things you read in this thread are "feel good" things, and that is nothing more than a release of dopamine in your brain. Have you taken action on it yet?

Have you went out to a meetup group or to a dog park, or have you stated to talking to people not like you to learn about their market and their culture?

Keep your ears open, your opinions are gone, and your mouth shut...and LISTEN to what these people want...because they are the ones with the money.

Onward we go....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 7 - Why Am I Single with No Customers?

Ok, so let's get back to the dating analogy to put things into perspective.
  • Do you know what a vegan is? You know, those people who get angry at you for eating animals?
  • Do you know what the paleo diet is? Where you eat lots of meat?
Like, all the vegans I met in my life are RELIGIOUS about their diets. In their mind, eating an animal is kind of like murdering a living human being and eating a person for food...because, well it kind of is true if you think about it?

So let's assume that we are vegan's now and we don't murder animals when we can eat carrots and kale. (YUM!)

Yeah, say goodbye to that Bacon Cheeseburger :D

If you're a vegan right now and you equate eating meat with murder...MURDER!

...are you going to go on a Paleo Dating Site to meet your perfect match? NO WAY, NO HOW!

You have to select your customers wisely, and narrow down WHO THEY ARE to make sure they are a match for you company, just like a vegan is a match for another vegan.

The Ideal Customer

There's and old business saying that goes like this "If you try to sell to everybody, you'll wind up selling to nobody."

Trying to assume that everybody is your target customer is like trying to date someone with the opposite philosophy above. Would George Bush allow a family member to marry someone who is part of Al Qaeda?

Not going to happen.

So who is your idea customer?

You see, lately, I raised my standards with my dating. I get specific. REALLL specific. There's this mindset reprogramming exercise where you're supposed to write out an ideal day in your life as if it's already happening. I did that for relationships and the qualities I listed fit 3 pages of paper!

And that is exactly how to treat your business.

There's this thing called the Customer Avatar where you choose your idea customer -> I wrote a thread on the topic here.

Think about your career goals.
  • Are you wanting to get promoted to the marketing department of your own company?
  • Do you want to own your own B&M business?
  • Do you want to build an online business that you own?
  • Do you want to be an affiliate marketer?
  • Do you want to sell on Amazon?
  • Do you want to sell on Etsy?
  • Do you want to build electric motorcycles, or rocket ships?
  • Do you want to build a large VC-funded tech company?
All of those fall into the category of potential customers for people I help...but if I tried to help all of them at once, I would fail. The odds of successfully selling an affiliate marketing software program would be much greater by selling it on the warrior forum vs. the fastlane forum where you are lead to understand the benefits of OWNING a business.

Yes, it might sell a bit...but you're not the ideal customer for affiliate stuff.

Let's say you choose to serve the pet market (another industry I own a business in). Are you selling people who are looking for clothing of the little puppies they carry in their purse? Or are you targeting cat owners who are looking to improve the health of their cats?

Get specific with the type of customer you want to serve...REAL SPECIFIC.

Anyhow, read my thread on customer avatars because I talk about it in more detail there.

Once you do this, THESE are the type of people you should spend your time around for finding problems to solve.

THESE are the people who can guide you building your product (not other entrepreneurs).

THESE are the people you want to make your new best friends...because THESE are the people that hold the millions of dollars you want in their pockets.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to start off by understanding exactly who these type of people are?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 8 - Should I Follow Her Into The Book Store?

So I like intelligent girls, who like to read, better themselves, can handle the outdoors, and are doing great things in this life.

She has a certain sense of maturity, so I would say at least 25 years old, and maybe into the mid 30s (I'm about 30 myself).

Oh, and she HAS to be open minded and adventurous.

That's my ideal customer.

Now let's say I wanted to advertise my....services? Yeah, let's use the word services for this analogy because product just sounds...you know.

So I have my product...and I want to give it to her...in exchange for money.

hehe.

WHERE IS SHE!?

The first thing you want to make sure is that there are an abundance of your target customers out there.

Everybody wants to:
  1. Make more money.
  2. Improve their fitness/health.
  3. Have better relationships (sex sells).
  4. Be happy.
How large is your target market? Those four markets are HUGE.

When you select a market, you want to see that it is a large enough market with room to grow (if you want a large business). But you can once again, only do this, by surrounding yourself with your market.

So back to the search for my soulmate!

I know who she is, but where can I find this customer I'm looking for!?

Well, first off, I decided to get out of my house a couple of years ago and I decided to drive tens of thousands of miles around the country to see different places and meet new people.

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of girls that meet this criteria in Boulder, Colorado. And a book store would be a good bet.

Theres a Barnes & Noble on Pearl Street in Boulder

When you think about it, a girl with an open mind, looking to learn new things and better herself...has a level of maturity...and likes to read books...wouldn't she be the kind of girl who hangs out at a book store?

So what do you do when you know where your idea customer hangs out?

GET YOUR PRODUCT IN FRONT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!! (This is called advertising - your business can't live without it)

Oh, you haven't built a product yet? Yeah, we'll get to that in another post.

So this is what I'm thinking...You and I....we have access to this thing called internet marketing.

What if, on top of walking down to barnes and noble, I can create a Facebook advertising account and run advertisements to:
  • Females
  • Between the ages of 25-35
  • Living within 20 miles of Boulder, CO
  • Who like to read, and
  • Who like to explore outdoors
So now is the time with your business where everything changes.

Instead of thinking about what YOU want (to sell the product to customers)...you take the time to figure out what THEY want!

I mean, when your advertisement appears in front of them, it will blend in with the 1,000+ other advertisements they see each day.
  • How can your advertisement speak to them?
  • How can your advertisement grab their attention and stick out from the rest?
  • How can your advertisement show that you can deliver something THEY want in their lives?
Let's say I want to date a Vegan girl...what if I put a picture of me eating a steak and a bacon cheeseburger? Would that work?

NO!

You are NOT going to have any luck if you are trying to convince people to buy something they don't want. It's like fighting an uphill battle.

The people at the top of the hill in this battle have large boulders that they roll down the hill and run you over with.

And your business will die if you try to fight an uphill battle.

The solution actually makes it a lot easier to sell to them...err...give them what they want (see what I did there?)

Give Them What They Are Already Looking For

How do I know vegan girls won't click my dating advertisement if I'm eating a steak in the picture?
  • Because I got to know them first.
  • I spent time around them.
  • I learned their ways.
  • I know how they think.
  • I know what they want, what their goals are, how they behave.
And it's definitely NOT because I spent money on Facebook ads showing a picture of me eating a steak to the 5,000 vegan girls in this area...no that would be crazy.

But that is actually how you should test out your advertisements once you get to know people.

Test, and see what works, because most people don't get it right until the 15th time.

Put things up, see what they respond to, and the numbers don't lie. We'll get more into advertising later.

So back to my soulmate...the adventurous book reader...

What if in the advertisement I put a picture of me, reading a book on the mountain top, with the headline "Like to read? Like the outdoors? Check this out!!!"

Do you think something like that might work better?
  • It speaks to my customer.
  • Gets their attention.
  • And it's in line with what THEY want (a guy who has similar interests as them)
Getting in front of your idea customer

How do you know where your customers hang out? The internet is obvious. Google Ads, Facebook Ads. These things get super targeted.

But you can only really do this by immersing yourself around your customers and getting to know them.

I do this by meeting up and getting to know all different types of people.

How can you apply this to your business?
  1. Choose your ideal customer.
  2. Find out where they hang out.
  3. Follow her to the bookstore to show her your product...and see how she likes it.
  4. I mean...Get your advertisement in front of them.
But what if she doesn't like your product?

What if she's that vegan book reader when you're craving a steak? Would it be easier to try to convincer her to change her lifeline beliefs about not murdering animals?

Or do you think it would be easier to cater your product to the needs and wants of the customer?

Maybe the last one?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 9 - Create An Imperfect Product

Ahh, I remember the last time I handed in my homework on time...3rd grade.

The rest of my teachers after that loved me, and I still managed to get A's in most my classes!

You see, I had this one teacher in third grade. Mr Lane.

He understood that we weren't going to get things perfect on the first time.

He said "It's better to create a rough draft of something that gets the job done..instead of trying to perfect it."

You can always put something out there, test it, and then modify it later.

The thing is, in business, we will never know if our product/book/song will be perfect...until we get feedback from a lot of customers.

The rest of the school system has bred us to be perfect. Study...take a test...you have to pass the first time or you will fail.

But after being conditioned to be perfect our whole lives, how does someone in my shoes demonstrate to you that the secret to getting quicker results in business, is to not build the PERFECT product...the first time.

It's good to have a quality product...for sure.

I think it was the book The Lean Startup which talked about creating an MVP.

The Minimum Viable Product (MVP)

Let's hammer this into your mind from the get-go. Your product MUST be quality when you sell it to customers, and if they don't like it - refund it, and get their feedback on how you can improve it.

It takes some sucking up your ego a bit, but it'll put you in a better position in the long run..and here is why.

Fundamentally, people in a market are all the same. They have common needs, wants, and goals. While most people try to make all their millions of dollars right away with their first customer, they aren't taking the time to get a prototype into their customer's hands and getting feedback before releasing it to the masses.

In the tech world, they call this beta testing.

Your job when you discover a problem to solve, is to build a prototype of the solution. Think of it as a rough draft, as Mr. Lane used to tell me in the third grade.

Hand your rough draft in for review.

Your customers will grade you when you ask them for feedback.

And do you know the best part about Mr. Lane's class , and business?

You get a second chance...and a third...and a fifth.

You modify your product based on the customer feedback, until you stop getting feedback and people tell you "Man...this is a GREAT product."

Now, when you go through the MVP stage, test, improve, and perfect...you're ready to move on to getting your product out into the mass market....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Transition Section

You ever brag to your friends about how you met a few millionaires?

Or how you're learning all of this new knowledge you're reading in books?

Don't you feel special!?!

But what RESULTS are you getting?

What are you DOING with the information you are learning?

Only the things you DO in this life actually matter.

You know what you need to do...deep down...you know.

Now go do it...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 10 - Taking Money From Strangers

Ok, so this is going to be a very informative chapter!

I do my best to write these chapters to be timeless. That means that I'll teach you the deeper structure which applies to any business.

Here's a fun fact: As an entrepreneur, you're going to have to think and figure shit out on your own.

There are those wannabes out there who cry foul whenever the exact formula isn't handed to them.

Those people aren't going to make it.

So think of this more as an ivy-league business course, instead of a "get rich quick" scam guide.

The fundamentals that you are learning in this chapter are the skills that can apply to any business you start and grow in the future.
  • When you can ride A bike, you can ride ANY bike.
  • When you can start A business, you can start ANY business.
It's the deeper structure lessons that matter.

Alright, so now that we got that out of the way, this is how you're going to start thinking about your business. How do you get a person who has never heard of you before to the point where they not only buy your first product, but are a loyal customer for life?

1. The person is a stranger and doing their everyday thing.
  2. Where does your target market hang out? In online marketing, we call this the marketing source. Are people searching on Google? Do they watch YouTube? Are they on Facebook? Instagram?
    • The first step is to pick one marketing source where a large amount of your market hangs out. Facebook ads are a popular option for online businesses.
  3. Targeting - All the different advertisement platforms have different targeting options. Let's say you sell marriage counseling services. You can narrow down the type of people who will see your advertisements very effectively. Married people in a certain age range, etc. Or if you are selling dog collars, you can have your ads show to people who search for dog collars, or people who follow influencers in the dog niche.
    • When you pick one marketing source, you want to narrow down your criteria so only the type of people who fit your ideal customer profile will see your advertisement.
  4. The Advertisement. Your job right now is to capture their attention. If they searched for a specific search term, repeat those exact words in your ad. If it's a picture ad, then test out different pictures and see which ones get the most clicks (the most attention)
    • Split testing is when you run multiple variations of an advertisement to the same target audience on the same traffic source. You want to minimize variables (keep everything else the same, except for ONE thing you want to test on each ad). So if it's a banner ad with a picture and a headline. Keep the headline the same for 5 ads, and test 5 different pictures.
    • The Numbers Don't Lie - Often times people will get emotionally attached to what ads they think will perform best. Don't do this. The numbers and analytics don't lie.
  5. The Landing Page - I say the landing page because I do internet marketing. This could be a phone call your business gets instead. Whatever it is, your job at this stage of the process is to make the sale. Test different headlines and variations of different landing pages or sales scripts against each other over the course of 100+, 500+ prospective customers. See which one performs the best and converts the most people into customers.
  6. The Product - Have you ever had a product that was SOOOO good, that you recommended it to all of your friends? Having a remarkable product, leads to people leaving positive remarks about it. Translation - Free advertising at the most massive scale.
  7. The Back End - Eventually, you're product will turn into a business, and after a person is a customer, you can offer them more of your products, either during the checkout process, through follow up emails, or sending direct mail to their house. This comes later.
So this right here is the general structure for virtually any business. You find a person in your target market who never heard of you, you find out where they hang out, you make sure you target the right demographics of people that would be interested in buying your product, you get their attention through an advertisement, and then when they respond to the advertisement, you sell them on your product.

It's really THAT simple...when you put in the work.

And remember, you may hear 99 NO's, before you get to a YES.

FelipeVilas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 2, 2016
Spain
I feel this is why people dislike and are unhappy with thier jobs. It is difficult (but not impossible) to be positive in a work environment where your energy is being drained faster than you can create positive outcomes. I also feel this feeling can become infectious, leading to stagnation in your personal growth. For those still out there with day jobs, stop hating your environment/self and find more positive vibrations. Thanks Andrew for these awesome posts and giving it to us, freely. This will go gold, and be paid back to numerous times over.
I agree with you, zedyakuza. In January I droped my day job that was serving me no purpose at all and only draining my energy day after day. Since then my levels of energy and focus have risen to greater levels. One thought that I have in my mind everyday is that "you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with". We got to have high levels of good energy to attract great people and make something valuable out of our lives.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Chapter 11 - Please Let Me Give You My Money

Serious question...do you want to buy my book?

You see...my book consists of a bunch of words. The words are on paper. And the words and paper is bound together and there's some colors on the cover. The cover has a picture. And some words.

No? I didn't think so! BORING.

But what if I told you this...

Think of your wildest dreams. Imagine that you're already living the life of your dreams as a multimillionaire entrepreneur. You have the mansion, the boats, the cars, everyone is attracted to you, you eat $500 meals on a daily basis.

Hell, at this point, you even have a private jet?

You don't even want half this stuff, but you now have so much money to spend, you have to blow it on something!

Money is never a problem for you again.

BUT...in order to get there, you'll have to learn how to build a business.

My book right here will teach you how to build an online business....are you interested in living the life of your dreams?

STOP BEING BORING - Nobody is going to buy from you. They'll buy from that loud mouth competitor of yours who has a crappier product.

In the advertising world, they say to sell the benefits, and not the features.

The BENEFITS are the results your customer gets from your product. That is the only thing they care about "What's in it for me" is what they say.

TOO MANY PEOPLE sell the features of the product, and as a result, THEY DONT MAKE SALES.

If you have a truly remarkable product, it deserves to be in the hands of the people who need it the most.

And you can only do that by....learning how to sell.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I was just kind of writing this for something else...but I'll throw it in this thread...

Evolving with the market and growing a brand.

If you want to make it at all in this day in age, you're going to have to learn how to grow your personal brand...by yourself.

This is a lesson from the downfall of the music industry when Napster, iTunes, and now Spotify shifted everything from CDs to FREE.

Record labels went out of business.

When the record labels collapsed with the shift in the industry, the artists who were reliant on the labels for:
  • Production.
  • Distribution.
  • Marketing/PR.
Those artists collapsed in or around the time when record labels collapsed.

I'm reflecting upon this as I am listening to some of the artists that were big in the late 90's to mid 00's and now they haven't released anything in 15 years

While I am interested in asking the question about why some of them didn't make it, and others did, there is a more important question for you and I to understand the answer to:

How do I turn my personal brand into one that grows throughout the decades, regardless of shifts in my industry?

Believe it or not, the answer to this question for myself, my books, and my business, rests outside of traditional business.

I decided to extract the lessons from all ares of life:
  • Artists like Jay-Z who keeps growing his brand day in and day out, even performing at the Super Bowl..
  • Actors like Will Smith, who are still landing roles in best-selling movies, after shifting careers from cable television to movies, and even in the music industry.
  • The authors who not only put out one, but are constantly on the best-seller's list year in and year out.
How do they do it?

Lesson #1 - Confidence, by fighting their way to the top.
Do you know the old quote "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime." That is the quote that comes to mind here, but I'd like to add to it. "The man who taught himself how to fish, can now accomplish anything"

You see, when you fought your way to the top from nothing, and you taught yourself how to get there...your'e given a special advantage. This is the type of advantage that people who get handouts aren't lucky enough to have.

And that advantage is the confidence that your first taste of success was not luck. No matter what happens on your journey, the skills you learned away and the confidence you have in yourself to make it even higher and higher as the years go on...are the difference that makes the difference.

In reality, anybody can make it to the top and accomplish any level of success they want. But it's the ones with the confidence are the ones who never give up, and make it the furthest.

Lesson #2 - Desire, and a hunger for more.
They never settle.

They have their purpose in life, and they won't stop at anything to make it a reality. This is the greatest difference I see between those who have massive levels of success and those who just make a little bit.

Just when you think you make it to the top of the mountain, the only place to go is down.

When you win, you enjoy the moment, and then it's on to the next task. They keep pushing forward, and higher, while everyone else is out there celebrating.

Lesson #3 - They see the bigger picture, and can adapt to the changes in the market.
The things that worked yesterday are not going to be the same things that work tomorrow. With the decline of organic reach on Facebook, there are those out there who come crying that they have to pay money to promote themselves.

...and then there are those who skip the complaining, and are not only evolving with the forces of the market...but they are riding ahead of the wave.

They see angles that most people don't and they act on them.

The world is evolving fast than ever. And you must move faster than the world.

Lesson #4 - They build a brand, and hold an audience.
Do you know what's going to keep you successful for decades? The loyal audience who are hooked on whatever it is you have to offer. Stephen King with his books. Jay Z with his music. Oprah with everything she does.

Your audience for your brand will follow you wherever you go.

When your brand loves you, they will consume everything you put out.

Build the audience, build the brand, and build your future.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Gathering Data

The numbers don't lie.

All too often, people ask me "Andrew, is this a good idea? Do you think this will work?"

The answer is "I don't know...TEST IT!"

One of the first rules of advertising is that you don't know how an ad will really perform until you try it out. At the beginning of any marketer's career, they want to make money right away. And that's a good goal to have. Sometimes marketing campaigns are successful right away.

But the first lesson I learned when starting any campaign was to learn how to gather data.

Throw out an advertisement, track the clicks and conversions (if you have any), and learn what you can do better, what you can change, and LEARN FROM IT.

When you first start advertising, you are BUYING DATA, not always getting results.

In my next post, I'll talk about split testing to accurately measure what works and what doesn't work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.