• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Spoiled Millennial Developing Self-Discipline

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Jakeeck, May 11, 2019.

1. Jakeeck

Jakeeck Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,449
    Crazy Float Tank Experience

One of my best friends has been telling me lately how much float tanks have been helping him, so I decided to try one out last night.

It feels like I had a weird/bad trip? I've never tried psychedelics so I don't really know.

I got in the tank and got comfortable, and I felt like I was conscious the entire time, like I was meditating -- even got a little restless at the end. Then I drove home and I couldn't even remember how I got home.

And then I realized I wasn't conscious at all for the majority of the float... I kept having little flashbacks to a dream-like state I was in. I feel very out of it and have headaches today. My best guess is that it threw my electrolyte balance of whack.

No idea really. I've tried thinking about what happened but it's so confusing so I don't know what else to say.

Anyway, here's Monday

Monday

Youtube:
    2 hours
    Reddit: 1 hour
    NBA: 0 hours
    Health Stuff: 0 hours
    Diet: 10/10

Hours worked: 2

Quit smoking weed? Did not smoke last night because of float tank
    Be in bed at 9pm: 11pm
    Wake up at 5am: Up at 8:30
    Meditate 15 mins: I guess with float tank?
    Yoga 15 mins: No

2. KeepGoin

KeepGoin Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $468
    Reading this thread and your point of views is difficult for me. I suffer many of the things you feel. I’m in the penniless category still. But, I don’t want life to get the best of me.

When I realize that I’m grateful to be alive this makes me want to figure it out. Thousands of dollars spent towards “failure” so far.

When you see a beaten dog who cowers away from being pet, people jump to help rehabilitate it. When you see a human who acts reserved from a past you have no idea about, we tell them to “man up”. How do you help someone so lost that they’re buying a book and sinking in debt and self hate? They’ve been beaten into a corner by life, a person or a disorder(perhaps many), and we cast down our eyes upon them.

The principles of self-acceptance and kaizen are my favorite in life.

We all have our own circumstances that have affected us. I refuse to let outside things that have wired me to win. I know it’d be so easy to give in to feeling bad for myself. But, if I try and fail repeatedly throughout life at least I’ll know I tried? I’ve met a nearly mentally disabled man who runs his own service business. He does it, that’s his limit.

What’s best mode you’ve ever been in? You’ve had those successful days in the camper van when you built that business, clearly something was working. Can you replicate that?

Self reflection can create more problems after a point. If you’re always looking at faults, sitting there and thinking “what’s wrong with me?”, then you should shift to what’s right with you. There are many things you’ve done right so far.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Jakeeck likes this.
  3. BJdeMarco

BJdeMarco New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $7
    OP did you ever try the self-authoring program? Dont know if i can link to it, just google it. I mean youre basically already doing it by creating this thread however that would let you get a great systematic overview of your goals and how to conquer them... Also not trying to be a dick but I think you should focus less on yoga and thinktanks and more on finding a girlfriend, or if you already have one, then maybe a new one would be in order:)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.