The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spinthebottle.co, What would you do with this domain?

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
I've just purchased a domain name spinthebottle.co. What would you do with a name like this? I had an idea for a dating website, but give me your feedback?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
How about an online drinking game for young people?

D

DeletedUser2

How about a site with site with drinking games, Lots of them. spin the bottle, and it will pick a new game

or a decision maker, for groups.
who does what... you list the jobs that need to get done, and the people avail for the jobs, then.... spin the bottle...
end up with a list of who is responsible for what.

or a collage roomate thing, where you see who needs to buy the pizza or beer this time.

I even like the corporate decision maker, instead of an 8 ball, you have a bottle....

or a stumble upon clone.....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not a fan of the domain. If it was a dot-com, then A+ ... a .co and you run the risk of creating a brand for someone else.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
or a collage roomate thing, where you see who needs to buy the pizza or beer this time.

I even like the corporate decision maker, instead of an 8 ball, you have a bottle....

or a stumble upon clone.....

Great ideas are spilling all over the place! Great take on the "who needs to buy a pizza or beer".

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
I'm not a fan of the domain. If it was a dot-com, then A+ ... a .co and you run the risk of creating a brand for someone else.

Thanks MJ, I've looked at the other .com domain, and it's entirely a different concept. But, you are correct in that I may run the risk of branding for them as well.

The concept I had in mind was a "New Spin On Love." Just some marketing I had in mind. When users sign-up to the service, each and everyone is given some virtual "Bottle Caps" as love tokens. Starting with 100 credits, and these virtual credits can be purchase at any time. Currently, most females on the online dating site are inundated with lots of emails from inconspicuous males. When males send an email to females a bottle cap is deducted and rewarded to the females. On the other hand, females may reward males with tokens for good behavior (for not sending DTF messages). Once these Bottle Caps are accumulated and saved, the 2 may roll those bottle caps reward into some sort tangible printable or mobile app voucher to take on their dates (i.e special discounts to movies, resorts, restaurants, etc...)

Just a couple of stuff I'm tossing out there before I start actual implementation. This thread is good brainstorming session as well.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you've got it all backwards. You buy a domain and then try to fit a business around it?

It's like walking into an empty store, looking at its location, design and trying to decide if the space is good for a restaurant or clothing store.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
That's the first thought that came in to my head too. Find your product or service that fills a need then worry about a name.

SPX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 31, 2012
Yea prob a bad idea having a name first.

But, what I thought of was that make a site like chatroulette where you would spin the bottle and paired up with someone to chat or something else idk.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
I think you've got it all backwards. You buy a domain and then try to fit a business around it?

Hi biophase, I had this burning sensation to develop a dating site, since I've already created an engine with my roommate matching and rental startup, I can easily port/spin this over to the new site.

There's a pain point in the online dating platform, where guys like myself would send emails to females, and I get lost in all the shuffle. Ladies, in general, get inundated with lots of email and how do they distinguish genuine guys to date without filtering through all the B.S. So, I had this wild idea of people given credentials/referrals by sharing Bottle caps as good behavioral tokens (or virtual currency).

Every user who logged on a site, starts with 100 Bottle Caps as credits. Each bottle cap may be deducted when a guy/girl send an contact email, or send emoticons (whatever) to the partners. Virtual currency may be bought, exchange, and converted to something tangible on a date (or use to purchased a great meal at the restaurant). For every $1 spent, affords you 100 Bottle Caps.

This introduces a few new twist to the whole online dating world.

1. Make love matching and online dating fun.
2. Solves bad behavior with Bottle Caps (as virtual currency).
3. Converts virtual currency to purchase something tangible for a date.

Anyhow, these ideas are not far fetched. As, I may need to tweak my roommate matching engine into this new platform.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
That's the first thought that came in to my head too. Find your product or service that fills a need then worry about a name.

I had this idea for a while now, since my engine I've built on the other start-up could easily be transition over. Plus, I researched names for this site an extremely long time, and by chance happen to find "Spin The Bottle" yesterday. There is a nostalgic drawn and appeal to the name that a lot of people can associate.

Yea prob a bad idea having a name first.

But, what I thought of was that make a site like chatroulette where you would spin the bottle and paired up with someone to chat or something else idk.

Actually, I love the chatroulette idea, I may embed into our services. Great!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.