The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do?

Jamie Corcoran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey guys and gals (and non specified)
I am kind of stuck on a decision on which path to go down. I have two different business opportunities that I can pursue, they’re both potentially very profitable and they’re both fastlaneable. They both have their pros and cons.

So firstly, I’ve been doing ecom for years now, mainly print on demand with social media advertising, I did this really successfully for years but nowadays it’s a real struggle as the barrier to entry is non existent and Facebook ads are not as profitable as they used to be. This lead me on a path of months of research looking into a different model of ecom - namely high ticket dropshipping, where you source native suppliers through building relationships etc…
I’ve bought courses on the topic and thoroughly researched this for months now and I feel with the proper application I can make this work.
The pros - highly profitable, pretty much hands off once systems are in place, scalable, location independent, high enough barrier to entry as you need to set up a proper business and work with established brands and suppliers, you’re building a sellable asset, and I’m sure there’s many more.
The cons - like most online ventures, expectation can often differ from reality, example - it might be that only a small % of people who try this with full effort see real success, there is a learning curve to get good at it (like most ventures I guess), and many more I expect. The point here is to compare these two opportunities and I’m sure people know enough about it to make a judgement!

Second opportunity (and what I’m currently doing)
I’ve also been in construction all my adult life (41 years old now) barring a 3 year spell when I went full time ecom.
I have recently partnered with a guy who does sales for conservatories, for those who don’t know, conservatories are a really popular building with seniors here in the UK (some people - including me, thought they were dying out and were dwindling in popularity but I’m telling you from the evidence I’m seeing from the enquiries, orders, sales and projects completed, they are still hugely popular), they’re partial glass structures that are built onto people’s homes for extra space, but they are great to build as they don’t require all the red tape and regulation that normal buildings require. This makes them quick and easy to build and they still command a big price.
The pros for this are - it’s scalable, hugely profitable, I can easily systemise it as all we do is this one construction type, high barrier to entry as you need a high credit line with the company’s that provide the units and obviously the connections with the trades to build them.
The biggest con for me is the lack of location independence.

So at the moment I’m juggling both but I feel to see the true potential in either I need to focus all my energy on one of them.
Would appreciate any advice, feedback, criticism or wuestions

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 23, 2023
Hey guys and gals (and non specified)
I am kind of stuck on a decision on which path to go down. I have two different business opportunities that I can pursue, they’re both potentially very profitable and they’re both fastlaneable. They both have their pros and cons.

So firstly, I’ve been doing ecom for years now, mainly print on demand with social media advertising, I did this really successfully for years but nowadays it’s a real struggle as the barrier to entry is non existent and Facebook ads are not as profitable as they used to be. This lead me on a path of months of research looking into a different model of ecom - namely high ticket dropshipping, where you source native suppliers through building relationships etc…
I’ve bought courses on the topic and thoroughly researched this for months now and I feel with the proper application I can make this work.
The pros - highly profitable, pretty much hands off once systems are in place, scalable, location independent, high enough barrier to entry as you need to set up a proper business and work with established brands and suppliers, you’re building a sellable asset, and I’m sure there’s many more.
The cons - like most online ventures, expectation can often differ from reality, example - it might be that only a small % of people who try this with full effort see real success, there is a learning curve to get good at it (like most ventures I guess), and many more I expect. The point here is to compare these two opportunities and I’m sure people know enough about it to make a judgement!

Second opportunity (and what I’m currently doing)
I’ve also been in construction all my adult life (41 years old now) barring a 3 year spell when I went full time ecom.
I have recently partnered with a guy who does sales for conservatories, for those who don’t know, conservatories are a really popular building with seniors here in the UK (some people - including me, thought they were dying out and were dwindling in popularity but I’m telling you from the evidence I’m seeing from the enquiries, orders, sales and projects completed, they are still hugely popular), they’re partial glass structures that are built onto people’s homes for extra space, but they are great to build as they don’t require all the red tape and regulation that normal buildings require. This makes them quick and easy to build and they still command a big price.
The pros for this are - it’s scalable, hugely profitable, I can easily systemise it as all we do is this one construction type, high barrier to entry as you need a high credit line with the company’s that provide the units and obviously the connections with the trades to build them.
The biggest con for me is the lack of location independence.

So at the moment I’m juggling both but I feel to see the true potential in either I need to focus all my energy on one of them.
Would appreciate any advice, feedback, criticism or wuestions

Thanks!
I think that the second option is better because it is a more of an unique opportunity and it really is scalable. Wish you best of luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.