The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Speedpitching Event - Ideas, Suggestions...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

liv42dy

New Contributor
Nov 6, 2007
I was approached last night by a Board member of the Motion Picture Association of Utah, asking if I could help him organize a Speedpitching-type Event for local filmmakers. He would really like to connect these filmmakers with investors, distributors, directors, editors, etc. to help them get their projects off the ground. Funny thing is, that's the Mission of my company as well.
  • The things we would need to educate the investors on are: the film industry, how a distributor works, risk factors, and the American Jobs Creation Act.
  • The things we would need to educate filmmakers on are: Presenting their management team and their track records, market and industry statistics, competition statistics, and "traction" (i.e. Letters of Intent from distributors or key cast members/personnel) -- not just pitch their idea.
How do we educate the investors about investing in the film industry (and still get them to invest), and how do we prepare the filmmakers to make their presentations to not only investors, but producers, directors, etc? Also, what seems reasonable to charge for such a service?

I'm also thinking about inviting investors, producers, directors, etc to the event via webcam, so that out-of-towners would have the opportunity to contribute as well.

(BTW, the film industry in Utah is not just about the "Mormon" scene. Local filmmakers have pumped over $250 million into the Utah economy. Lots of Disney movies being filmmed here, as well as television series.)

Any thoughts?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
My first thought is about showing success; what movies have been made there in Utah, and what scenes stand out in everyone's mind? What is going to grab everyone's attention and what can you show them?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! Thank you very much for joining, participating...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
The media defines people by their occupation. You are a liquor store owner, freelancer, single...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom