The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I escape? (Ideas, suggestions, and advice needed)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

elijahingrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 3, 2022
I feel stuck. I work 2 jobs right now. I work at night and I work part time at Chick-Fil-A. I am also trying to get a degree in Cybersecurity. So, I am very swamped. I do work hard enough though that I have a two nights a week plus Sunday evening to work on personal stuff. right now I use that time to work on web design.
Here is what I am wondering: Does anyone have any side hustle/business ideas that would allow me to escape this situation?
Here are a couple things you need to understand:
  • I'm not quitting either job anytime soon. Chick-fil-A pays for my college and my night job gives me an opportunity to work on school and my own business endeavors. I have people depending on me so I can't just quit all my jobs and focus on my own business.
  • I'm also not dropping school. I understand that college isn't great and that it teaches you to just be a cog in the system. But again, I have people depending on me. College gives me a secure route out of my situation. And I love the field of cybersecurity.
  • I'm not looking for a fastlane business (yet) I'm just looking for something that I can work my butt off at and learn in a few months to get some financial freedom. I would love to start a fastlane type business in the future, but before I do that I just need to get out of my current situation and get some financial freedom.
  • I said above I am working on web design. I realize that this is a viable business idea and I have learned a lot from @Fox. But it is a struggle for me because I am not very design orientated. I am much more analytical and mathematical. I'm willing to keep working at it. But it is not the best fit for me.
  • Finally, one disclaimer: I'm not writing all this so that someone can do all the work for me. I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction and lend me some of their hard earned wisdom. I will do the work. I have never shied away from hard work.
Any and all advice is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
"I am much more analytical and mathematical":
Look into skills related to backend development. Having an interest in web design and cybersecurity is beneficial.

elijahingrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 3, 2022
"I am much more analytical and mathematical":
Look into skills related to backend development. Having an interest in web design and cybersecurity is beneficial.
Interesting! I’ve never even thought of that. Must programming related freelancing that I have heard of has to do with front end development, which means one of two things: there isn’t a market for backend development freelancing or it there is a market and it is far less competitive.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Interesting! I’ve never even thought of that. Must programming related freelancing that I have heard of has to do with front end development, which means one of two things: there isn’t a market for backend development freelancing or it there is a market and it is far less competitive.
Interesting. I looked it up and here's what it said, "Back-end developers are the experts who build and maintain the mechanisms that process data and perform actions on websites. Unlike front-end developers, who control everything you can see on a website, back-end developers are involved in data storage, security, and other server-side functions that you cannot see." Everyone on the net needs those services. Sounds like a good business to me!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There must be something that I’m not understanding so feel free to correct me, but.. You say you feel stuck, but then you stay you don’t plan on changing anything about your current situation. What solution are we supposed to give you? You are not stuck, you’re in the middle of the process of getting the degree… you need patience, if anything. A side hustle would be the equivalent of having a second job. It sounds like you just need to hang in there.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
I have a two nights a week plus Sunday evening to work on personal stuff
I'm not quitting either job anytime soon.
I'm also not dropping school
in a few months to get some financial freedom
So you have very limited free time, you don't want to make sacrifices and you want to become financially free in few months?

Here are some options:
a) sacrifice school/job to gain more free time to start a business
b) just wait until school is over, then you have more resources
c) pull off something smart with the free time you have

Reema

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jun 6, 2023
There are many things you can do on the side alongside everything else you are doing. What is motivating you to do more? the financial end of things, to create more time or a sense of purpose?

elijahingrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 3, 2022
There must be something that I’m not understanding so feel free to correct me, but.. You say you feel stuck, but then you stay you don’t plan on changing anything about your current situation. What solution are we supposed to give you? You are not stuck, you’re in the middle of the process of getting the degree… you need patience, if anything. A side hustle would be the equivalent of having a second job. It sounds like you just need to hang in there.
I think you bring up a good point. I could definitely use a good dose of patience. I was mainly just looking to see if anyone knew of any side hustles that I could work on during my free time. I probably worded the whole thing a little to severely though. It had been a long few days.

elijahingrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 3, 2022
There are many things you can do on the side alongside everything else you are doing. What is motivating you to do more? the financial end of things, to create more time or a sense of purpose?
I’m motivated by creating more time. I don’t really care about getting super rich. I just want to have more time to spend with my family.

elijahingrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 3, 2022
So you have very limited free time, you don't want to make sacrifices and you want to become financially free in few months?

Here are some options:
a) sacrifice school/job to gain more free time to start a business
b) just wait until school is over, then you have more resources
c) pull off something smart with the free time you have
Those are all good suggestions. I’m probably going to try and pull off something smart the free time I have. Even if nothing I try works at least I can learn some lessons for when I have more time to try and start a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.