What's new

Specific strategies for finding small businesses for my service

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Scipio

New Contributor
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 15%
I start next week a service for small businesses like hair cutters and spas.

On my website, people can make appointments with hair cutters online. I invested about 20k$ in the development of my website. The market is Germany.

Problems:
1. There are 25k hair cutters in Germany. Germany is full of smaller cities. In order to buy end users I need a minimum amount of hair cutters in each city.

2. My Startup is funded by myself, so going live nationwide would be complicated. I don´t want to spend 100k in advertising for the hair cutters. There is a big chance that end users just don´t like making appointments online. So I have to test out cheap (locally, for example in one city first).

3. There are some websites that have targeted traffic but it doesn´t make a lot sense to advertise nationwide for testing purposes.

So how can I target locally these small businesses?

Phoning them -> not allowed in Germany
E-Mailing them -> not allowed neither
Writing Sales letters -> Yes, I will do that. But from what I´ve heard that´s a low outcome marketing strategy in my country
Hiring a sales man -> very expensive. I think 2 stores an hour are somewhat realistic. But I have to create print material and I still pay probably 10$ for each try.
Facebook -> the people who liked magazines for hair cutters are very low

Do You think it´s possible to start in only one city for testing purposes or do you think I have to go nationwide and live with the costs? Did I miss any possibility to market locally? I also don´t live in Germany, so it´s even more complicated.

I have my own SEO agency and I´m good with generating end user traffic. My problem are the sales to the small businesses.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O jef tuni ofiet apvom O huv vu vji cuvvun xjisi ov tezt vjev zua fup'v mowi op Hisnepz. O tjuamf tvesv cz etloph xjisi fu zua mowi? Epf xjz esi zua tvesvoph xovj e nesliv vjev zua fup'v mowi op?

Xovj vjev teof, upmopi otp'v iwiszvjoph. Zua xomm piif vu hiv uav epf jov vji qewinipv zuastimg. Og zua Jewi qsofi op zuas qsufadv epf cimoiwi op ov, zua tjuamf jewi pu qsucmin vemloph ecuav ov.

O apfistvepf vszoph vu tdemi ot puv ietz. O xuamf muul ev qmedi xjisi "jeos davvist" caz vjios taqqmoit tadj et fotvsocavust us devemuht. Og vji fotvsocavus jet e tvusi gsupv, uggis e tnemm lodl cedl og vjiz xuamf emmux zua vu efwisvoti ev vji gsupv duapvis us tii og vji devemuh dunqepz xuamf ci xommoph vu miv zua efwisvoti gus e gii op vjisi devemuh. Og vji jeos davvist esi cazoph gsun e xictovi, vjev nezci sohjv aq zuas emmz vu hiv ep efwisvotinipv up vji tovi.

Zua piif vu qav op tuni mih xusl vjuahj vu tii xjisi vjiti jeos davvist esi cazoph gsun vjuahj. O xomm tewi zua e muv ug voni epf nupiz op vji muph sap.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom