The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sourcing for furniture startup

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

gunhol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 6, 2019
Hey guys.

Does anyone in here have any contacts in the furniture business?

I work in a startup that's developing multiple business ideas, and I'm trying to get in contact with a producer in a Baltic country (Poland, Lithuania etc) - anybody that can point me in a good direction? I have contacted a few, but there seems to be a small barrier to reach the producers directly.

(Serious startup with healthy financials)

All the best!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey guys.

Does anyone in here have any contacts in the furniture business?

I work in a startup that's developing multiple business ideas, and I'm trying to get in contact with a producer in a Baltic country (Poland, Lithuania etc) - anybody that can point me in a good direction? I have contacted a few, but there seems to be a small barrier to reach the producers directly.

(Serious startup with healthy financials)

All the best!
Does Bulgaria work, or is it too far away from the target area?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
It might be helpful if you can list all countries within a reasonable distance of your client.

There is some debate about which countries are classified as Baltic.

Walter

gunhol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 6, 2019
It might be helpful if you can list all countries within a reasonable distance of your client.

There is some debate about which countries are classified as Baltic.

Walter
Poland, Lithuania, Latvia are the main countries I'm looking for. These countries have a good reputation when it comes to furniture manufacturing, but I'm definitely open for alternatives within reasonable distance

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Poland, Lithuania, Latvia are the main countries I'm looking for. These countries have a good reputation when it comes to furniture manufacturing, but I'm definitely open for alternatives within reasonable distance
I've heard northern Poland has the best reputation in this. Do you know?

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
@gunhol

Search for furniture expo/fairs in your region and crosscheck listed exhibitors.

If you find wholesalers, traders, or retailers use www.importyeti.com to locate their source.

You may find some of them have their manufacturing base in Asia as well.

smitsith

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2021
I faced such a problem too. It seems the Balts and guys from Eastern Europe are reluctant to trade anything with the Americans unless it's a weapon. Sometimes I think I should change my occupation. Have you seen the cost of recent deals for the purchase of weapons? This market is becoming more dynamic than the furniture market. I gave up the idea of buying wood from the Poles and ordered Garden Furniture from a local company. It was a good decision, but my gestalt of working with the Baltics is not closed, lol.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.