The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Someone Threw The Millionaire Fastlane In the Gargabe! Retard!

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
I was browing a fourm now and I saw some retard who claimed he threw awat The Millionaire Fastlane becasue it was full of fluff and had no single idea that could help anyone. He claimed his hours were wasted reading it!

He claimed MJ is fake bacuase he did not provide details about his website and about his business.

Below's my reply to him:

xxxxxxxxx, you mean you threw away The Millionaire Fastlane ? What a slowlaner you are!

The book is the best book I've read on wealth creation. It's better than Rich Dad, Poor Dad and even Think and Grow Rich.

Contrary to your assertions, he DID mention his website and his company name. He mentioned he sold a big stake in his website, www.Limos.com

And he mentions his current company, Viperion Publishing which published The Millionaire Fastlane . You need to fish out the book from our garbage can
and read it again!

That book is a labour of love from someone who has walked the walk, and wants others to learn the truth, not your typical guru who's teaching wwhat he's
never attempted, like them University professors.

Don't lampoon anything just because you secretly hate the doer and his achievements.

And lastly, get off the slow lane man!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Seems like he wanted a step by step guide on how to become a millionaire; do x then y then z, etc. If you told a guy like that to start a company he would ask, "What type of company should I start?" If you then said that his company should be built around solving a need, he'd ask "What need should I be solving?" Basically, he wants MJ and the author of any book on wealth creation that he reads to tell him exactly what to do, rather than use his own brain. The purpose of books like The Millionaire Fastlane and How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis is to empower readers to become entrepreneurs rather than try to follow the typical roadmap to wealth which is to invest and work till you're too old to enjoy the money.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Mama always said, "Stupid is, as stupid does, Forrest."

Throwing away the book is a perfect solution for someone who always blames their lack of success on others.

-Russ H.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Millionaire Fastlane is the Holy Grail!

At first I was a bit skeptical on the content of the Millionaire Fastlane . As an avid reader (non-fiction) I can say that the small $9 or $22 (Kindle or paper) cost is one of the best small investments I have ever made! This book is full of golden nuggets that can change ones mindset towards weath and freedom! If you haven't bought it do yourself a favor and pick up a copy.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
@ mindfulimmortal - total agree. its an awesome small investment.
for me its the overarching philosophy to all we want to do as entrepreneurs...
the step by step stuff is for late night infomercials....

D

DeletedUser394

I fail to see why it matters what he chose to do. It neither affects you, nor harms anyone else.

There are far bigger issues out there.

He/She isn't a retard for having a difference of opinion.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Where is the link to the original post?

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
I've come to a conclusion lately...

Some people get hit with extreme hardship, like hurricanes, earthquakes, Tsunamis, famine, bad regime and so on...

And then there are those who go through life losing day after day to their own stupidity. They get presented with as many opportunities as the luckiest and still manage to screw it up.

Argue with an ignorant person and you'll lose every time. It's best to let these people learn the error of their own ways. You can't fix the really really dumb people. If you gave them a million dollars, they'd find a way screw it up.

Some people have no hope by choice.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I've come to a conclusion lately...

Some people get hit with extreme hardship, like hurricanes, earthquakes, Tsunamis, famine, bad regime and so on...

And then there are those who go through life losing day after day to their own stupidity. They get presented with as many opportunities as the luckiest and still manage to screw it up.

Argue with an ignorant person and you'll lose every time. It's best to let these people learn the error of their own ways. You can't fix the really really dumb people. If you gave them a million dollars, they'd find a way screw it up.

Some people have no hope by choice.

That's actually what the movie Forest Gump was about, in large part.

Forest was 'dumb"-- ie, he didn't know what he could not do. So he kept on succeeding, and doing amazing things, when others never would have tried.

Some saw the movie as a story of "dumb luck". Perhaps.

But ["dumb luck" + doing] beats out [intelligent fear + not doing] every time.

-Russ H.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX

Forest was 'dumb"-- ie, he didn't know what he could not do. So he kept on succeeding, and doing amazing things, when others never would have tried.

-Russ H.

100x true

mrshowtime3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 6, 2008
pa
MJs book changed my entire outlook on everything. The best business book I have ever read by far.

But I cant say im unhappy that someone threw it in the garbage. All that means is there is another cheap employee out there to be had for some fastlaner.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D

-Russ H.
I totally agree.

My post meant something different than I think you took away from it. What I meant was that some people are so convinced they can't win they go to lengths to prove it.

And I agree, being ignorant to what you can and can't do has helped a lot of people achieve.

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
But I cant say im unhappy that someone threw it in the garbage. All that means is there is another cheap employee out there to be had for some fastlaner.

mrshowtime, you got me there. LOL! Yeah, now I actually want more people to buy the book, make MJ money, then throw it away and make us the people who implement MJ's ideas money!

What could be better!

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
But it wouldn't it be a waste if that employee was capable of much more valuable contributions to society through entrepreneurship ? :) The free market is not zero-sum but positive sum. While I would never promote a great poker book for free, I think it's a disservice to society if I don't tell people about MJ's book.

D

DeletedUser394

Not everyone can be an entrepreneur.

Not to mention present day society would cease to exist if there were no employees.

There are also many professions/jobs that contribute extensively to society in their own ways (some people would argue much more than any entrepreneur possibly could). Doctors, nurses, emts, infrastructure/construction workers, teachers, social workers, counsellors, priests/imams and other religious folks, addiction interventionists, activists, NGO workers, museum techs, librarians, mathematicians, scientists, popular science writers, fundraisers, fundraiser organizers, etc.

I consider the work of most of those 'employees' to be of extreme value to modern society.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
"I consider the work of most of those 'employees' to be of extreme value to modern society."

I 100% agree; after years and years of trying to convince folks about the fastlane; some people just don't got it or want it. But, it takes more maturity on my part to accept this, and always think "If everyone is fastlane, who is going to work for me?"

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
You guys are right there will always be employees even if everyone knows about entrepreneurship. But at least those potential innovators and entrepreneurs that are currently (on the path of becoming)/employees can put their talents to much better use. Right now entrepreneurship is viewed by most people as some obscure risky endeavor that shoudn't be touched with a footpole. It can only be good if those myths are debunked.

D

DeletedUser394

You guys are right there will always be employees even if everyone knows about entrepreneurship. But at least those potential innovators and entrepreneurs that are currently (on the path of becoming)/employees can put their talents to much better use. Right now entrepreneurship is viewed by most people as some obscure risky endeavor that shoudn't be touched with a footpole. It can only be good if those myths are debunked.

Okay, but at the same time, the idea that entrepreneurship is a panacea is a myth that needs to be debunked as well.

I don't think you understood my point. There are many jobs in modern day society that are equal to, if not more valuable to society, than entrepreneurs.

I'm not talking about people working at fast food joints (although if people want to keep eating that kind of food, we need those employees to give it to them) or corporate job holders. I'm talking about people who educate, maintain infrastructure, save lives, etc.

High School Teacher, Doctor, NGO employee > Guy who invented the Snuggie

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Owning any business is a privilege, but working for a business is nothing below or sth be ashamed of.
Entrepreneurship starts when you stop being satisfied with consuming, but get more orgasms with investing your money in a business rather than the next travel to ski in the alps :D
Workers tend to buy cars, entrepreneurs tend to reinvest in marketing, new sales people or any other kind of new ventures etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.