The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some Useful lessons regarding Facebook Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

Salman Nazar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 27, 2019
✅ Combine Lookalikes Audiences With Interests

When you have more than 500 hits for every pixel event (VC, ATC, PUR), create a lookalike audience for each event in 1,2, and 3% in different adsets.

On top of that, combined those lookalike audiences with interests that worked before for your first few sales. This is a targeting trick almost no one shares but it's definitely very effective.

✅ Duplicating Winning Adsets When They Fatigue

When an adset that was doing really well for you starts to fatigue and die down, duplicate the adset 2 times and slightly change the targeting on it. Start the duplicates at the original budget at which you started the original.

✅ Don't duplicate adsets at higher budgets than the original

Never duplicate a winning adset to a higher budget than what you started the original. I tested this across $500+ budgets and the results were always the same. If I start a duplicate adset at a significantly higher budget than the original I had, the duplicate will always either take too long to be profitable or would have crazy high CPA and CPC.

✅ Scale Slowly But Consistently

Scale your winning adsets slowly (25-50% increments per day) to avoid losing money on huge scales. You can also duplicate winning adsets multiple times and change the targeting slightly.

For example, if your winning audience is Women 35-50, you can change the duplicates to Women 35-55 to avoid straight audience overlap and let the algorithm know that it is a slightly different audience.

✅ Pause Ads When Spend Is The Same As Product Price Without A Sale

If your adset spends more than what your product costs for your customer without a single sale, that's when you know your adset has a very low chance of eventually becoming profitable and scalable.

At low and high budgets, you always want to be conservative when pausing ads since you can suffer small losses on a lot of adsets and actually have a losing day when you thought you would be profitable.

Facebook Ads is definitely the best way to scale a Shopify store like crazy and NO, Facebook Ads are not dead, you just have to figure them out and test until you find solid winners you can scale.

Let me know if you have any questions below !

Have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
✅ Combine Lookalikes Audiences With Interests

When you have more than 500 hits for every pixel event (VC, ATC, PUR), create a lookalike audience for each event in 1,2, and 3% in different adsets.

On top of that, combined those lookalike audiences with interests that worked before for your first few sales. This is a targeting trick almost no one shares but it's definitely very effective.

✅ Duplicating Winning Adsets When They Fatigue

When an adset that was doing really well for you starts to fatigue and die down, duplicate the adset 2 times and slightly change the targeting on it. Start the duplicates at the original budget at which you started the original.

✅ Don't duplicate adsets at higher budgets than the original

Never duplicate a winning adset to a higher budget than what you started the original. I tested this across $500+ budgets and the results were always the same. If I start a duplicate adset at a significantly higher budget than the original I had, the duplicate will always either take too long to be profitable or would have crazy high CPA and CPC.

✅ Scale Slowly But Consistently

Scale your winning adsets slowly (25-50% increments per day) to avoid losing money on huge scales. You can also duplicate winning adsets multiple times and change the targeting slightly.

For example, if your winning audience is Women 35-50, you can change the duplicates to Women 35-55 to avoid straight audience overlap and let the algorithm know that it is a slightly different audience.

✅ Pause Ads When Spend Is The Same As Product Price Without A Sale

If your adset spends more than what your product costs for your customer without a single sale, that's when you know your adset has a very low chance of eventually becoming profitable and scalable.

At low and high budgets, you always want to be conservative when pausing ads since you can suffer small losses on a lot of adsets and actually have a losing day when you thought you would be profitable.

Facebook Ads is definitely the best way to scale a Shopify store like crazy and NO, Facebook Ads are not dead, you just have to figure them out and test until you find solid winners you can scale.

Let me know if you have any questions below !

Have a great day!

Just wondering, have you run ads on Instagram before, and if yes, what's your returns or results from that?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I really don't want to diminish your work here, but I feel like this is just a copy/paste of a generic article you found somewhere.

What is your experience with Facebook ads ? have you used them yourself ?

So just give up ? Here's a solution:
  • Work on your copy
  • adjust your audience's interests
  • optimize your picture/video.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
None of this is set in stone.

I've successfully scaled by doubling budgets, even at high ones. (Going up 20% isn't a bad idea, either.)

Combining lookalikes with interests has produced worse results than doing them separately, for me. (This isn't bad advice, it just doesn't guarantee better-than-average results)

Also, a 1x CPA rule is not a great one, you get almost no data that allows you to optimize intelligently.

Duplicating a winning adset to a higher budget has been the primary way I scale, too.

Just because something works for you (or doesn't work for you) doesn't mean that everyone should follow it. If anything, people need a deeper understanding of the platform to figure out why people would make the decision to, for example, combine lookalikes with interests.

Advertise intelligently.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

itfactor

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
May 18, 2019
In my opinion, the best advice for Facebook ads would be to fix the things that are OUTSIDE of your Facebook ads, before you think about using Facebook Ads.

Even if you have a godlike 100% CTR, if your funnel is full of holes, and your offer is trash, you’ll still end up losing more than you make.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I really don't want to diminish your work here, but I feel like this is just a copy/paste of a generic article you found somewhere.

Yes, it's a straight up copy and paste from a Facebook post I found on March 10th. I doubt this guy has any experience at all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.