- Joined
- Apr 25, 2012
- Messages
- 200
Rep Bank
$690
$690
User Power: 113%
Hi,
I invest most of the money i make back into my own business - however i have been keeping a little aside as a cash reserve.
A few years a go i moved to Hong Kong - originally from UK.
I was putting aside the cash into a savings account there... amounting to around $30,000 USD now.
Ive decided that leaving it in the bank is a terrible idea, particularity as interest rates are so low and the european economy is looking pretty grim.
I have decided to transfer it to my Hong Kong account so i can invest it (it's not so easy to do it in the UK from over here).
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what would be a good option - i do not need to get my hands on this cash any time soon as I also have some cash reserves in HK i live on.
Diversification is the key - so what would your thoughts be on buying some real gold, bonds, currency, Hang Seng etc?
Another option is i own a property with around 190k left on it in the UK - i have no limit to over payments on it and yep interest rates are low... so should i be chucking a large chunk onto that to get it down before the interest rates comeback up?
I appreciate that taking advice from strangers on a forum is not the brightest ideas - i'm not going to blindly follow any advice - i will research and make my own decisions ... i'm just looking for some starting points as to be honest i'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
Thanks in advance - any questions i will be happy to answer.
I invest most of the money i make back into my own business - however i have been keeping a little aside as a cash reserve.
A few years a go i moved to Hong Kong - originally from UK.
I was putting aside the cash into a savings account there... amounting to around $30,000 USD now.
Ive decided that leaving it in the bank is a terrible idea, particularity as interest rates are so low and the european economy is looking pretty grim.
I have decided to transfer it to my Hong Kong account so i can invest it (it's not so easy to do it in the UK from over here).
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what would be a good option - i do not need to get my hands on this cash any time soon as I also have some cash reserves in HK i live on.
Diversification is the key - so what would your thoughts be on buying some real gold, bonds, currency, Hang Seng etc?
Another option is i own a property with around 190k left on it in the UK - i have no limit to over payments on it and yep interest rates are low... so should i be chucking a large chunk onto that to get it down before the interest rates comeback up?
I appreciate that taking advice from strangers on a forum is not the brightest ideas - i'm not going to blindly follow any advice - i will research and make my own decisions ... i'm just looking for some starting points as to be honest i'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
Thanks in advance - any questions i will be happy to answer.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
