I've just sold my first company (for a small amount, definitely not retiring any time soon) and even before then I've been stuck in decision paralysis.
I feel so unlike myself -- usually one to jump into something head first and figure out the details as I go but lately I have been making big plans but failing to follow through with any action.
I learned a lot from my first minor success (and the many failures before that) and feel like I'm a good enough entrepreneur to take on some much bigger ideas but I'm finding it hard to find the intrinsic motivation to act on my plans -- I get all excited about making plans but when it comes time I back away from going out and talking to potential customers.
Maybe I just need some time off. Maybe I've grown weary too weary of failure, or maybe I'm not being patient enough with myself (success takes time even for the experienced).
Has anyone who's normally pretty action driven felt stuck in action limbo?
I feel so unlike myself -- usually one to jump into something head first and figure out the details as I go but lately I have been making big plans but failing to follow through with any action.
I learned a lot from my first minor success (and the many failures before that) and feel like I'm a good enough entrepreneur to take on some much bigger ideas but I'm finding it hard to find the intrinsic motivation to act on my plans -- I get all excited about making plans but when it comes time I back away from going out and talking to potential customers.
Maybe I just need some time off. Maybe I've grown weary too weary of failure, or maybe I'm not being patient enough with myself (success takes time even for the experienced).
Has anyone who's normally pretty action driven felt stuck in action limbo?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
