The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software Engineer at #1 Ranked Worlds Best Workplace

bbmhmmad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 4, 2019
Hello All,

So recently the CEO of the company I work for sent out a company-wide email letting all of us know that our company was ranked the world's #1 best place to work. Having read both of MJ's books and just naturally disliking the corporate drone 9-5 lifestyle, this meant absolutely nothing to me lulz aside from confirming the fact that I need to go Unscripted ASAP. I mean there's nowhere else to go but down, right?

By all accounts, Im doing pretty well - wife and kid, 6 figure job and living far below our means so saving a lot of money but I cant escape the dissonance I feel everyday. There are multiple reasons but I think this dissonance can be explained by having my 'RAS' attuned to the social engineering we've all been subjected to. It was the same story in school - I did well but hated it. Now after reviewing my experiences and reading books like John Taylor Gatto's 'Weapons of Mass Instruction' and 'The Underground History of American Education' and MJ's 'Unscripted ', I dont think I could live with myself if I allowed myself to be a corporate employee automaton without offering some resistance by pursuing an unscripted life. These books have articulated what I have felt all along but been unable to express - we are being led down a path of mediocrity engineered by others to keep us passive and dumb but content.

Rounding out my meaning and purpose is my daughter and - God-willing - future kids. My wife and I have plans to homeschool and I want to be intimately involved not only able to give nights and a weekend because I have to code some software for tech support o_O.

I have some ideas that Id like to narrow down and perform a soft proof of concept for but Ill refrain from making any grandiose declarations for now. I know it'll be a long, arduous road but the goal is definitely worth it.

Now off to bed, standup at 9AM sharp tomorrow:shit:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello All,

So recently the CEO of the company I work for sent out a company-wide email letting all of us know that our company was ranked the world's #1 best place to work. Having read both of MJ's books and just naturally disliking the corporate drone 9-5 lifestyle, this meant absolutely nothing to me lulz aside from confirming the fact that I need to go Unscripted ASAP. I mean there's nowhere else to go but down, right?

By all accounts, Im doing pretty well - wife and kid, 6 figure job and living far below our means so saving a lot of money but I cant escape the dissonance I feel everyday. There are multiple reasons but I think this dissonance can be explained by having my 'RAS' attuned to the social engineering we've all been subjected to. It was the same story in school - I did well but hated it. Now after reviewing my experiences and reading books like John Taylor Gatto's 'Weapons of Mass Instruction' and 'The Underground History of American Education' and MJ's 'Unscripted ', I dont think I could live with myself if I allowed myself to be a corporate employee automaton without offering some resistance by pursuing an unscripted life. These books have articulated what I have felt all along but been unable to express - we are being led down a path of mediocrity engineered by others to keep us passive and dumb but content.

Rounding out my meaning and purpose is my daughter and - God-willing - future kids. My wife and I have plans to homeschool and I want to be intimately involved not only able to give nights and a weekend because I have to code some software for tech support o_O.

I have some ideas that Id like to narrow down and perform a soft proof of concept for but Ill refrain from making any grandiose declarations for now. I know it'll be a long, arduous road but the goal is definitely worth it.

Now off to bed, standup at 9AM sharp tomorrow:shit:
Welcome!

Haven't heard of those other books, besides UNSCRIPTED .
I should have known someone documented the background behind the education system!

A cursory look at their Amazon pages shows they generally have good ratings.

I should give the books a read. Thanks for the mention!

Feel free to look around the forum for ideas and help, and good luck with your soft proof and the 9am wake-up.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You read ALL of Gatto’s Underground History?? Well done dude!! I’ve been trying to drop hints about Gatto all over this forum.

Looking forward to hearing more about your endeavors. Welcome to the forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...