What's new

Social Media(The thin line between productive and counterproductive)

Marketing, social media, advertising
Anything related to matters of the mind
Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 16, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Atlanta
Rep Bank
$1,590
User Power: 294%
I believe this message is mostly for my fellow Millennials.

Paradigm Shift: “ a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions.”

Over the past month I’ve undergone a fundamental core change a “Paradigm Shift”.

Yesterday I decided to pop open my old laptop and I happened to stumble across a lot of old projects, some projects I even laughed literally out loud at how “Me, Me ,Me” they were.

I even stumbled across my old plan to import and sell ties, yes ties, not fancy silk made in Italy ties generic Chinese imported ties with absolutely zero value proposition. This lead to me thinking about why I even had these IDEAS and why so many of them.


I believe that SOCIAL MEDIA could silently be killing a lot of our dreams and goals.

When I created a logo what did I do? Post in on Snapchat

When I had someone email me about a product on ebay, I posted it on Instagram

When I finished building a site, I posted it on Facebook

When I got a few paypal notifications, I posted it on Instagram

The list goes on……..

But then I really thought about why I did what I did and why a lot of newpreneurs / wantrepreneurs do what they do.

You secretly want validation. You look for the likes from your friends and family, you look for the words of encouragement, god knows what else you make look for. The key theme is that it is about YOU.

This is a subconscious psychological killer. As long as you keep doing this your mind will keep defaulting to “I”. What did “I” accomplish? What do people think of “MY” website? Hey look at “MY” paypal notifications. Look at how successful “I” am trying to be. One day “I’m” going to make it.

The truth is 98% of your social network doesn’t care, posting all of this in hope of validation from your peers is dangerous masturbation. STOP

Take 30 Days and just STOP. I dare you.

Don’t post anything about any of your ventures to your friends, your social networks, your family or neighbors.

By doing this I gained a surplus of mental energy that allowed me to better focus on my “customers” my ideas were no longer about spinning my own wheels they were about how this helps or improves my target audience. Now you can focus. By eliminating socials medias urge to impress (trust me it affects everyone who is on it enough) you will begin to look towards inner validation. You will think along the lines of “ wow things are off to a great start I wonder where I can push things to next” vs “wow I’m doing great, let me show my friends how great I’m doing” and stop there.

After 30 days continue to do it leave everything business related off of your social media pages I guarantee you will accomplish way more in 30 days than you did without it.

Now this may not be relevant to everyone but if you find yourself wondering at what angle I should post a pic of my PayPal sales, or if this is a good angle to show off my new website, or wondering how many likes my new logo/website link will get on Facebook.


STOP JUST STOP.


I wrote this fairly quickly excuse any grammatical errors was on my mind I just had to share.

Ideas?​
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

  • Like
Reactions: Mac
O jupitvmz fup'v lpux jux qiuqmi jewi e qsucmin xovj vjot. O'wi fotmolif tudoem nifoe gsun fez 1 epf siemmz upmz atif ov op dummihi.

Getvguxesf 3+ ziest epf pux O en vszoph vu MIESP jux vu ati tudoem nifoe. Vjev't sohjv, O fup'v iwip siemmz lpux jux vu ati ov (iggidvowimz). Ov tiint vu ci atigam gus ipvsiqsipiast xju jewi e gummuxoph, topdi vjiz emsiefz jewi ep eafoipdi vu efwisvoti/vitv pix ofiet up. Vjev't xjz O tvesvif atoph ov, cav ov't tadj e djusi, O movisemmz jewi vu tiv sinopfist gus ni vu qutv tvagg.

Ati tudoem nifoe vu zuas efwepvehi (catopitt), puv vu zuas fotefwepvehi (wemofevoup).
 
O jupitvmz fup'v lpux jux qiuqmi jewi e qsucmin xovj vjot. O'wi fotmolif tudoem nifoe gsun fez 1 epf siemmz upmz atif ov op dummihi.

Getvguxesf 3+ ziest epf pux O en vszoph vu MIESP jux vu ati tudoem nifoe. Vjev't sohjv, O fup'v iwip siemmz lpux jux vu ati ov (iggidvowimz). Ov tiint vu ci atigam gus ipvsiqsipiast xju jewi e gummuxoph, topdi vjiz emsiefz jewi ep eafoipdi vu efwisvoti/vitv pix ofiet up. Vjev't xjz O tvesvif atoph ov, cav ov't tadj e djusi, O movisemmz jewi vu tiv sinopfist gus ni vu qutv tvagg.

Ati tudoem nifoe vu zuas efwepvehi (catopitt), puv vu zuas fotefwepvehi (wemofevoup).


Iyedvmz...O tii ov iwiszfez vjuahj.

O nepehi nz catopitt edduapvt epf vjev't ipuahj gus ni evn.
 
O jupitvmz fup'v lpux jux qiuqmi jewi e qsucmin xovj vjot. O'wi fotmolif tudoem nifoe gsun fez 1 epf siemmz upmz atif ov op dummihi.

Getvguxesf 3+ ziest epf pux O en vszoph vu MIESP jux vu ati tudoem nifoe. Vjev't sohjv, O fup'v iwip siemmz lpux jux vu ati ov (iggidvowimz). Ov tiint vu ci atigam gus ipvsiqsipiast xju jewi e gummuxoph, topdi vjiz emsiefz jewi ep eafoipdi vu efwisvoti/vitv pix ofiet up. Vjev't xjz O tvesvif atoph ov, cav ov't tadj e djusi, O movisemmz jewi vu tiv sinopfist gus ni vu qutv tvagg.

Ati tudoem nifoe vu zuas efwepvehi (catopitt), puv vu zuas fotefwepvehi (wemofevoup).


O en vji teni xez juxiwis o ati tudoem nifoe et e neslivoph vuum UPMZ> O en puv qistupemmz eggomoevif xovj epz ug vjev puptipti (zua depv gopf suvjtdjomf us comm hevit qistupem GC ivd) o upmz ati ov vu nesliv vji CSEPF vjev o opvipf vu dsievi. puvjoph nusi. Vjisi esi wesouat fsaht epf fotvsedvoupt vji TMUX MEPI epf MUX OR tjiiqmi ug enisode ati. Xjivjis ov ci fsaht, emdujum, quspuhseqjz, tqusvt, ipvisveopnipv, epf vji cohhitv upi TUDOEM NIFOE op iyditt deatit qiuqmi vu sineop TJIIQMI epf mux OR op tvepfesft epf op wemait. Vji nifoe fuit e huuf kuc ug vszoph vu qsitt "iraemovz" vu iwiszupi epf itqidoemmz upgedicuul xovj tudoem iyqisonipvt epf atimitt guuvehi ug "hsiif" ivd... Liiqoph vjiti qiuqmi tvadl op quwisvz nopftiv. Quwisvz cioph e fotieti ug vji nopf epf puv og upi't vjuahjvt esi qsuqismz djeppimif epf hsuapfif.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom