The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Social media + disabled adsense accounts

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ive been reading alot about people getting their adsense account disabled with $50k+ unpaid, even google taking it out of their bank account for what they call invalid clicks.

Supposedly they frown upon social media traffic due to the track backs not being available.

I've heard they frown upon ads being displayed in areas that are not too relevant like in inbox's (if you have a membership site), terms of service pages, etc.

Also i have heard if you send traffic to a direct URL of yours via social media and you have adsense on that page... your trying to pull a fast one on them which i dont agree with.

1) Can they take the money back out of your bank account? If so, should you transfer funds once deposited into a different bank account?

2) Is it bad to put adsense on pages such as terms of service, in a users inbox, etc?

3) Should you not promote adsense on info articles you write if the traffic is coming from social media? (you write an article, place adsense on top and bottom, then promote on facebook for example)

Anyone with experience i would appreciate your response. If you have adsense on your homepage.. and drive traffic to your URL (abc dot com) technically they would be frowning upon it? Ive read some horror stories on forums and just looking for some insight. Thank you.

directly from google "promoting your site on third party websites not designed for site promotion, or where such promotion is unwanted such as classified or social networking sites"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I have a big fb fanpage (400.000+ fans) and I share articles of my site on the fan page everyday and get around 15.000-30.000 page views each day earning $30-$80 /day since more than 6 months and never had any problem "because of social media". my sites only get traffic from facebook. Horror stories are everywhere on the web, for adsense and many other companies. So you can focus on reading horror stories, or focus on making some moneeeeey :)
I have never had any problem because social media traffic only.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.