- Joined
- Jul 5, 2016
- Messages
- 9
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 44%
How do I know the right PATH to go down in my Entrepreneurship journey? I am in my mid 20's and working a "comfortable" work-from-home corporate IT job making six-figures. But, I despise working for other people and want to make a complete shift to entrepreneurship.
However, there are so many options, how do I know where to focus my efforts?
Here are the factors that are important to me in choosing a business:
1) High potential to have passivity in income
2) High earning potential (potential of $500k + per year)
3) Relatively low start up costs (ie. a business I can launch from my home)
I'm also open to hearing new ideas that I may not yet have considered. Would love to get any thoughts:
The options I have narrowed myself down to are below.
1) Independent Salesforce.com (IT/CRM) consulting
Pros:
- I am already an expert in Salesforce implementations (with my current job) and could get started pretty quickly and start making $60-75 per hour.
Cons:
- My current employer wouldn't be too happy and I would likely need to leave my (comfortable/work-from-home) job
- Earning potential probably caps at $200 - $250k per year
- Passivity potential low
2) Make an App
Pros:
- Earning potential high
- Passivity potential high
Cons:
- No experience building or launching an app
- Hit or miss: my perception is that the only way to make money is to make a really really popular app like an Uber or a Tinder. There is no "in-between".
3) Launch a brand (ex. supplements brand)
Pros:
- I have a unique idea around this that could really take off for a niche market that has not yet been touched
- Passivity potential high
Cons:
- Lacking knowledge into this industry
- Earning potential unknown
4) Daytrading / Trading Pennystocks
- High risk/high reward as far as earning potential goes
Cons:
- Lacking knowledge into this industry
- Do "regular" people even make money doing this? Are all the Timothy Sykes of the world frauds?
5) Real Estate Investing (rental properties, flipping homes)
Pros:
- Passivity potential high
- High earning Potential?
Cons:
- Little/no knowledge of industry
- Start up costs high
However, there are so many options, how do I know where to focus my efforts?
Here are the factors that are important to me in choosing a business:
1) High potential to have passivity in income
2) High earning potential (potential of $500k + per year)
3) Relatively low start up costs (ie. a business I can launch from my home)
I'm also open to hearing new ideas that I may not yet have considered. Would love to get any thoughts:
The options I have narrowed myself down to are below.
1) Independent Salesforce.com (IT/CRM) consulting
Pros:
- I am already an expert in Salesforce implementations (with my current job) and could get started pretty quickly and start making $60-75 per hour.
Cons:
- My current employer wouldn't be too happy and I would likely need to leave my (comfortable/work-from-home) job
- Earning potential probably caps at $200 - $250k per year
- Passivity potential low
2) Make an App
Pros:
- Earning potential high
- Passivity potential high
Cons:
- No experience building or launching an app
- Hit or miss: my perception is that the only way to make money is to make a really really popular app like an Uber or a Tinder. There is no "in-between".
3) Launch a brand (ex. supplements brand)
Pros:
- I have a unique idea around this that could really take off for a niche market that has not yet been touched
- Passivity potential high
Cons:
- Lacking knowledge into this industry
- Earning potential unknown
4) Daytrading / Trading Pennystocks
- High risk/high reward as far as earning potential goes
Cons:
- Lacking knowledge into this industry
- Do "regular" people even make money doing this? Are all the Timothy Sykes of the world frauds?
5) Real Estate Investing (rental properties, flipping homes)
Pros:
- Passivity potential high
- High earning Potential?
Cons:
- Little/no knowledge of industry
- Start up costs high
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
