The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So, Jordan Peterson just checked into rehab.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I know there are a ton of JP fans on here.

Apparently his wife is having a really tough battle with cancer. To deal with the overwhelming stress, his doctors prescribed him Klonopin (clonazepam,) which is a highly addictive anti-anxiety medication. He tried to get off it cold-turkey, but anyone who knows about benzodiazepines knows this is a horrible idea. You can die from benzodiazepine withdrawal.

He checked into rehab to get the proper support while getting off this medication.

The whole thing is sad, but I'm sure he'll emerge with some great lessons. A message from his daughter and wife:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwaixIuTrU

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Jordan has had a damn interesting life. This guy devotes so much time and energy to helping others, and now he needs some help him self.

I don't know what else to say besides I hope he gets past it soon. He's a very influential guy for young men especially.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
A lot of people have his back. I hope it helps.

JP is a legendary giver of value and it's amazing he's been able to do that despite being dealt multiple really tough hands in life.

Hopefully the media doesn't spin this one out of control. They seemed to have calmed down on JP a bit in the last year.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If that’s what those drugs can do to someone with that level of personal strength imagine the impact they have on regular enough folk.

The damage done by these types of “medications” are one of this generations biggest issues yet rarely get any attention. The anti gun movement is super vocal yet regular enough folk get hooked up to these drugs by the 1000s everyday.

Hope he recovers quickly and fair play to him for doing exactly what he would recommend to someone else in the same situation.

Bishop Black

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 19, 2019
I've heard of him, but since he's linked to a lot of social media controversies, I prefer not to tune into him for the sake of my sanity. Best wishes to him, though.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
I've heard of him, but since he's linked to a lot of social media controversies, I prefer not to tune into him for the sake of my sanity. Best wishes to him, though.
You're missing out on a vast ocean of wisdom because of what the mainstream media has convinced you of. The choice is ultimately yours but I will say that every single negative allegation towards Peterson has been twisted to seem negative when there was a perfectly rational reason for what he was doing.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Seems big pharma comes to a the rescue on a bad situation... and just makes it worse... Yet they will lobby against CBD worldwide wich is a totally harmless anti depresant. These people are sick.

Best wishes for Jordan Peterson, a very bright mind.

Bishop Black

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 19, 2019
You're missing out on a vast ocean of wisdom because of what the mainstream media has convinced you of. The choice is ultimately yours but I will say that every single negative allegation towards Peterson has been twisted to seem negative when there was a perfectly rational reason for what he was doing.
I prefer to read books than to watch any of the media networks lately, but that's just me.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
He seems aiight except that he quotes the Gulag Archipelago as if its a factual primary source on human gulag populations lol

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
I prefer to read books than to watch any of the media networks lately, but that's just me.
Totally agree but Jordan isn't on any media network. He was simply on there for a time because he was fighting a bill that was trying to be inserted into legislation which could potentially cause the next holocaust (Bill C-16). He got a lot of heat for it because it seemed like he hated transgenders when that was not true at all. the media just twisted his words in Hope's that he'd back down.

You can find a lot of his lectures on youtube and his hero's journey lectures would resonate HEAVILY with the users on the fastlane as that's what were all facing. Your call but I think of the man as a second father as I grew up fatherless and his direction has helped tremendously. Good luck to you bud!

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
Watch his YouTube lectures on his channel. Highly recommended.
I'm glad his wife is making it through and hope he gets back to health.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I take clonazepam as an anti-seizure med. I said 'isn't it really addictive?' and the neurologist laughed and said 'well, you'll be on it the rest of your life anyway...!' Haha. My liver isn't too happy either.

I tried going off it once, and it's ... unpleasant. plus, you know, seizures. But the unpleasantness combined with whatever made you take it in the first place = yeah, I totally see rehab as a reasonable thing to do.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
He seems aiight except that he quotes the Gulag Archipelago as if its a factual primary source on human gulag populations lol
I'm interested, would you say the same thing in regards to a book incorporating German history and memoirs about the life in a concentration camp? Or would this be a topic that is too controversial for you?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I really hope Dr. Peterson is okay. The man has been such a wonderful mentor and guide to me.

Benzos are hideously addictive and the detox is hell. Let's pray for his quick recovery.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I'm interested, would you say the same thing in regards to a book incorporating German history and memoirs about the life in a concentration camp? Or would this be a topic that is too controversial for you?

There are mountains of primary evidence of concentration camps and what went on in them, paperwork, employees, etc etc
So if i read a memoir corroborating that stuff, would make sense to me.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
And there is no primary evidence of Gulags and what went on in them? My great-grandfather died in one and another got his property (bakeries) seized and then was shot by the NKVD troika; a distand relative found the firing order in an archive while doing research on his geneology.

Did you read The Gulag Archipelago? I assume not, because it includes reports, interviews, statements, diaries, legal documents, and his own experience as a Gulag prisoner. But let's assume there is no primary evidence whatsoever in the book. Now let's take a memoir about German concentration camps that also doesn't include any primary sources, only recollections.

Would you say the same thing as above, ending with a "lol". I mean, you didn't thought that you needed to qualify your blanket answer any further in the case of Gulags, so why are you trying to fine-tune your answer now in this case? Why the double-standards?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
And there is no primary evidence of Gulags and what went on in them? My great-grandfather died in one and another got his property (bakeries) seized and then was shot by the NKVD troika; a distand relative found the firing order in an archive while doing research on his geneology.

Did you read The Gulag Archipelago? I assume not, because it includes reports, interviews, statements, diaries, legal documents, and his own experience as a Gulag prisoner. But let's assume there is no primary evidence whatsoever in the book. Now let's take a memoir about German concentration camps that also doesn't include any primary sources, only recollections.

Would you say the same thing as above, ending with a "lol". I mean, you didn't thought that you needed to qualify your blanket answer any further in the case of Gulags, so why are you trying to fine-tune your answer now in this case? Why the double-standards?

U speak russian? can point u to an in depth analysis of Gulag Archipelago by actual historians, but its in russian. Their verdict is the book is more fiction than fact.
You know the author also talked a lot of shit about the "Western" world as well in his harvard speech.

Besides, Gulag is not a concentration camp, its just a prison camp where convicts get sent like any other prisons around the world.
Not any different in principle than the prison system in the U.S.

Sorry to hear about your great grandfather, obviously no government is perfect.

Capture.PNG

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
Besides, Gulag is not a concentration camp, its just a prison camp where convicts get sent like any other prisons around the world.

The sheer ignorance you show is mindblowing...

"just a prison camp" :jawdrop:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Jordan is very accomplished in his field of study. He has been very vocal in his politics too. It is difficult to manage the image together-on one hand you have to be impartial and objective with knowledge as a academic on one hand you are trying to sell your political idea.

I keep feeling that he has been trying to whisper this to his audience in the west: Hey young men work hard and achieve more. Hey young women do not focus all about career and forget your maternal roles and instinct.....hehe.

He is a good man. I wish him all the best.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
U speak russian? can point u to an in depth analysis of Gulag Archipelago by actual historians, but its in russian. Their verdict is the book is more fiction than fact.
You know the author also talked a lot of shit about the "Western" world as well in his harvard speech.

Sorry to hear about your great grandfather, obviously no government is perfect.

View attachment 30609
Yes, you can point me to that analysis if you like. But I know from experience that Russians are very defensive about any and all historical criticism. Gulags were forced labor camps, people were worked to death, it's not like "any other prisons around the world". Not all concentration camps were death camps btw, a lot were labor camps also, so I don't really see a difference.

I simply don't understand why gulags get a pass by a lot of people, without even researching it, that is. I mean, sure, biographies are by definition fictional and subjective because memories fade and change. You can argue about them, but you can't dismiss them with a simple "lol" because of one analysis that you like.

I mean it's common courtesy. Even if not used as evidence, they play an important part in historical research. Especially if there is governmental effort to hide evidence. If a war veteran speaks, I don't go and say "lol where's your primary evidence, mate." Maybe I do though, but in private (and without the lol).

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Yes, you can point me to that analysis if you like. But I know from experience that Russians are very defensive about any and all historical criticism. Gulags were forced labor camps, people were worked to death, it's not like "any other prisons around the world". Not all concentration camps were death camps btw, a lot were labor camps also, so I don't really see a difference.

I simply don't understand why gulags get a pass by a lot of people, without even researching it, that is. I mean, sure, biographies are by definition fictional and subjective because memories fade and change. You can argue about them, but you can't dismiss them with a simple "lol" because of one analysis that you like.

I mean it's common courtesy. Even if not used as evidence, they play an important part in historical research. Especially if there is governmental effort to hide evidence. If a war veteran speaks, I don't go and say "lol where's your primary evidence, mate." Maybe I do though, but in private (and without the lol).

Russians are very defensive about any and all historical criticism because their history has been dragged through the mud by the "West" ever since the cold war, McCarthyism, red scare and all that good stuff.

Here's the playlist , a good 20 HOURS of breakdown chapter by chapter.

nowap

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Jan 24, 2020

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Update on Peterson - apparently he's in Russia:

Wow..I didnt know he fears big pharma.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
He's back and the world needs him more than ever.

And as usual the media has started to misrepresent him. Waiting for his new book 'Beyond order'.

1610981274168.png

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

He's back and the world needs him more than ever.

And as usual media started misrepresenting him. Waiting for his new book 'Beyond order'.

View attachment 36420

It's pretty despicable when the media calls someone "alt-right" for holding extremely mundane views (nevermind the fact that "alt-right" as a term has become a pejorative).

Dr. Peterson is an exceedingly normal person, just very popular and intelligent.

He's not particularly radical. These journalists need to read his books.

It's common sense stuff, like "don't lie," and "don't let bullies bully you."

In 2021, we really need more people to embrace the message of "don't lie."

Last edited by a moderator:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
It's pretty despicable when the media calls someone "alt-right" for holding extremely mundane views (nevermind the fact that "alt-right" as a term has become a pejorative).

Dr. Peterson is an exceedingly normal person, just very popular and intelligent.

He's not particularly radical. These journalists need to read his books.

It's common sense stuff, like "don't lie," and "don't let bullies bully you."

In 2021, we really need more people to embrace the message of "don't lie."

welcome to 2021.

The Rise of The Social Justice Warrior

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content