The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So close to being Fastlane, but Marketing isn't working

Marketing, social media, advertising

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
I developed the product, website, and everything is ready for execution since the past month.

But...my advertising/marketing efforts aren't getting any sales. I have been watching youtube videos, buying marketing books, reading articles/blogs and can't seem to get any results.

Advertising Channels

Facebook Ads - So the typical strategy is to go to Audience Insights > Type in Competitor > Look at Page Likes > Target competitors and pages the audience likes. Like many have probably experienced, some pages don't show up. For me, all the options that would be good for "targeting" aren't available to be targeted. Not sure about behavioral targeting, since it seems arbitrary at the moment. Currently, at a loss with facebook.

Instagram - I have been contacting Instagram Influencers with the subject/content being all about value to them. I emphasize the commission and discount they can give their fans and obviously free product. I got 1 person on board. Others were interested, but wanted pay per post. I didn't do pay per post because I am looking for a long term sales influencer. Also, no guarantee of sales for pay per post. I am just posting pictures of the product for the feed

Google Adwords Text - Tried some with targeted keywords and I do get clicks, but no conversions. I have stopped them for now and putting money into Google Shopping

Google Shopping Ads - Impression are extremely low like less than 10. Odd because numerous other products similar to mine show up. Keyword planner shows high competition for all keywords (so there is demand). My bid are competitive with google suggested bid. Contacted Google Support and did some tweaks to see whats going on.

Pinterest - Pinning all website photos and Instagram photos to increase "internet real estate and reach"

Reddit Ads - Targeted Subreddit, CTR wasn't that good.

Email Marketing - No emails yet.

Really frustrating because this is the moment that everything was supposed to come together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I have been watching youtube videos, buying marketing books, reading articles/blogs and can't seem to get any results.

Have you ever bought anything because the person who created it watched youtube videos? yeah I didn't think so.

it's really a three step process.

1: create something people want at a price their willing to pay for.

2: create a message showing your target market why they need it.

3: get that message in front of the right eyeballs.

I suspect you've failed, or at least partially failed on all 3 fronts.

You're also very scattered, each of these channels requires time and dedication to understand how they work, if you just skim the surface with each I absolutely guarantee you'll fail.

Really frustrating because this is the moment that everything was supposed to come together.

What did you expect to happen? spend $100 on ads across 3-5 different networks and make millions?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Have you ever bought anything because the person who created it watched youtube videos? yeah I didn't think so.

You're also very scattered, each of these channels requires time and dedication to understand how they work, if you just skim the surface with each I absolutely guarantee you'll fail.

What did you expect to happen? spend $100 on ads across 3-5 different networks and make millions?

Youtube videos were a part of educating myself internet marketing as well as all the other avenues like books, blogs, reading case studies.

I will try to narrow down to instagram and google adwords and will report back.

No, I didn't expect make millions with $100. I expected to sell at least some of my products.

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
Youtube videos were a part of educating myself internet marketing as well as all the other avenues like books, blogs, reading case studies.

I will try to narrow down to instagram and google adwords and will report back.

No, I didn't expect make millions with $100. I expected to sell at least some of my products.

There are 3 potential things to look at:

1) Your ad

2) The lead page

3) The sale

If you're not getting ANY clicks, then your ad isn't hooking enough or your targeting is off.

If you're getting a bunch of clicks to the site but nobody is buying then your website is off.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
This sound like a product problem. A great product should sell itself, but even a mediocre product should sell if your marketing is on point.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
There are 3 potential things to look at:

1) Your ad

2) The lead page

3) The sale

If you're not getting ANY clicks, then your ad isn't hooking enough or your targeting is off.

If you're getting a bunch of clicks to the site but nobody is buying then your website is off.

Based on my results, it is definitely my targeting. Any suggestions on that? That's the main culprit for facebook anyways. Thanks!!

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
This sound like a product problem. A great product should sell itself, but even a mediocre product should sell if your marketing is on point.

Sell itself? Isn't that like the "Build it and they will come" proven to be false in most cases? My marketing is not on point, especially targeting. Suggestions, I have exhausted my normal learning options. Thanks!

G

GuestUser450

Now is the most competitive time of year for ad spend-many businesses make it or break it this month. Prices go up.

That said, regardless of platform, the goal is to create a barrel to fish from. You want to get them onto your site and make them an offer. Doesn't matter if they take it, what you want is the demographic information; the more traffic you push, the more you can separate the wheat from the chaff and build your own audience to market to.

So pick one and go deep. If it's FB, join as many groups you can and wear out the search bar. Ask dumb questions - you'll get flamed but pointed in the right direction. Get the pixel on your site and get it to fire those 50 or so times FB wants it to and start learning from your traffic.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sell itself? Isn't that like the "Build it and they will come" proven to be false in most cases? My marketing is not on point, especially targeting. Suggestions, I have exhausted my normal learning options. Thanks!

I agree that it’s a product problem. The people you are marketing too don’t want your product. But is it really because you targeted the wrong people on all those channels that you just mentioned? I highly doubt it.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Well obviously the initial launch must be shown to consumers through marketing. Once established, a good product will sell itself organically on top of your marketing efforts.

Is your product a sub-niche and you are targeting too broad?

Is the product better, cheaper, easier to use, or much more effective than competitor's products?

Does your website and social media accounts appear legitamite and trustworthy?

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
I would like to know what the product is and who your target audience is.

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
Based on my results, it is definitely my targeting. Any suggestions on that? That's the main culprit for facebook anyways. Thanks!!

Yeah, I would say that maybe your target audience is already saturated with your type of product if they're not buying and your targeting is right.

Skew the value and add something on top of your offer to make yourself stand out.

Ex: A FB ad that sells organic protein bars with a FREE 3-pack of organic pre-workout.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
So u think your marketing isnt working? Try being so close to fastlane, marketing is working, but sales isn't working. Thats my current problem...lol.

Are people leaving comments on your ads? Are they inboxing & DM'ing you about your product?

What type of ads are you running on FB & IG?

Are you targeting broad audiences?

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Agreed. Figure our which channel your audience most likely hangs our at and don't try any other channels until you've tested the hell out of your audience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.