The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SMS autoresponder

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Hey guys,

I'm looking into a new hustle for now, and I'm looking for a service that you text and get auto replies. Like you see a sign and it says "text 5444". I'm stumped on what the actual name is for it? Do you know of any good services? I read a short article on how to do it with google voice, but you need to send a text to the full phone number. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014
The shortened number is called a short code. Provisioning for a unique short code probably isn't cheap. You might want to google for a SMS responder service that comes with shared short code.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hi, do a search for "Premium SMS service" and you'll find plenty that offer that service. Some even offer reply service where people can reply to your SMS and you can start a conversation. I looked into it a while ago.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Last edited:

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Hi, do a search for "Premium SMS service" and you'll find plenty that offer that service. Some even offer reply service where people can reply to your SMS and you can start a conversation. I looked into it a while ago.

Did you find any that could have an automated convo without you?
Basically what I am trying to do is prescreen people before wasting my time with them.

Once they text the number I have it respond "Thanks for texting blah blah blah, are you interested in XXX yes/no?"

They respond yes, auto responder says something like "great, are you looking for xxx in the next week yes/no"

They respond yes, it responds "blah blah blah yes/no"

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
https://www.twilio.com/sms/shortcodes

If you are looking for a cheap way use a short domain name and have them enter the code there. http://shortdomainsearch.com/

People can generally only remember 5-9 bits of info without trying. Short codes are only useful if someone has time to read and memorize it if they are moving.

Yeah i'm looking into it for signs, I think like "Text XX to 313131" is easier than a phone number to remember, plus it's less intimidating.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Did you find any that could have an automated convo without you?
Basically what I am trying to do is prescreen people before wasting my time with them.

Once they text the number I have it respond "Thanks for texting blah blah blah, are you interested in XXX yes/no?"

They respond yes, auto responder says something like "great, are you looking for xxx in the next week yes/no"

They respond yes, it responds "blah blah blah yes/no"
I didn't actually go looking for you this time but I know from my previous experience with premium SMS that you can set for reply which means that yes, when you ask them a question and they reply you'll be notified so I guess you could then reply to them back with a manually entered message. I doubt you'll find anything that can have a series of auto responses based on answers. But there are services that allow you to use shortcodes (e.g. "Text XX to 313131") with an auto response message that welcomes them and allow replies.

Maybe you could ask your yes/no question in your media before they text so you only get a text from people who say "yes" to your original question?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I didn't actually go looking for you this time but I know from my previous experience with premium SMS that you can set for reply which means that yes, when you ask them a question and they reply you'll be notified so I guess you could then reply to them back with a manually entered message. I doubt you'll find anything that can have a series of auto responses based on answers. But there are services that allow you to use shortcodes (e.g. "Text XX to 313131") with an auto response message that welcomes them and allow replies.

Maybe you could ask your yes/no question in your media before they text so you only get a text from people who say "yes" to your original question?

What I think I'm going to do is use something like this https://www.txtimpact.com/text-message-survey/

Basically a poll, I can formulate multiple choice or yes/no with a series of responses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.