What's new

Small, Smaller, Slovenia.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Primzi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
35
Location
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Rep Bank
$220
User Power: 9%
Hey there,

My name is Primoz, I am a nearly 21 year old Computer Science student and soon-to-be entrepreneur. I come from a small, chicken-shaped country in the middle of Europe - next to Austria, Italy, Hungary and Croatia. When I was young, I've always dreamt of having my own company, although I've had no idea what that actually meant or what it would be about.

Until this summer, I've mostly been an average student. I liked to do a lot of sports, partying and played quite a few video games. In the past year, I've also become some kind of a healthy nutrition freak, and acheived one of my life goals - I've gained some muscle mass and got rid of fat. It was indeed a nice summer because of that. What was actually way more important this summer was that I've got a job at an IT company - a nice change from bartending and administration jobs I've been doing before. During the last couple of months, I've outperformed my co-workers and negotiated a better position and a raise, and I'm definetely proud of that.

But more importantly, I've started thinking about what to do with all that money? I did not want to just spend it all on clothes, alcohol or some other stupidity like I have in the past. So what did I do? I asked one of the productivity bloggers for help, and he forwarded me to Ramit Sethi's website. I've read some of his articles, ordered the book, read the book within a week and automated my finances. Now I see that his advice was not the best in the world, but it was definetely ok for an introduction to personal finance. I went on to purchase a pretty expensive freelancing course from him, which I was very satisfied with and I think it was well worth the money.

I also realized the power of knowledge. In just a couple of months, the world became easier to understand and my love to the world of business increased day by day. I started reading more and more money related books and eventually came across the Fastlane Millionare book. I checked out the cover and was like "ok, I like Lamborghinis". So I've read it and it's probably the best book I've ever read (ok, to be honest, I'm at 93%, but I'll finish it tomorrow). That book was also the reason that I'm here right now, excited to meet some new people and discuss my issues with people who have similar problems, seek advice and also share my experiences with other entrepreneurs. MJ, if you should ever read this, I deeply thank you for all the knowledge from your book, the value of it is definetely way more than the $7 it cost on Amazon - Kindle edition (What a steal!).

Ok, so I've got a job and I got a raise. I'm working for 1000€ a month. Woo-hoo? Well, that's just one part of the story. I've always been interested in web design and development, but could never quite get off my a$$ and start learning it. A month or so ago, I finally contacted a friend and he walked me through some basics. He also showed me a pretty nice website that was made by his friend, and I was immediately impressed. I did however see some flaws in his marketing materials, so I took him out to a coffee. I already prepared some ideas on how to improve his webpage and he was impressed! He told me he could teach me anything I wanted about web development as his gratitude for my help. A week or two later we met up again and decided to cooperate. He found two more ambitious people and we decided to create a company.

The company has not seen the light yet, but we're almost done finishing the website, we've set up our goals and found some leads. Next week, when our website renovation is done, we will start pitching people and finding ourselves some clients. While I did enjoy my job, I've realised (thanks to MJ's book) that there is no bright future in it for me whatsoever. Today, I've given my boss a two-week notice and decided to focus my time and commitment onto my own company as there is way more potential. It was not an easy decision, but since I don't have much to lose (I do have full support of my parents and if something goes very wrong, I know that I can rely on them) apart from my time, I decided to cut the steady flow of income and take some risks.

My current entrepreneurship goals are to build a successful web development company that will dominate the market with it's outstanding customer support, execution, uniqueness and creativity. You can check out our website here: http://en.netcraft.si .The future plans are to create a webhosting or some other internet-based, perhaps subscription service that would give us a flow of steady, passive income, but we'll see how the things go. I know that there is a need for really good websites and that people close to money are willing to pay us anything if we manage to increase their revenue by a fair amount.

And what keeps me motivated doing all this? I hate being normal. If something tells me I can't be successful with my own business, I'll go and prove him wrong. I don't want to be rich when I retire. I want to travel the world before 30, while I can still enjoy it and before I have children. I want to see my children grow up and I want to help other people in need of help. I want to spend some time with my relatives as well, instead of working 40 hours a week till the rest of my life. I also want to have a nice house on the beach with some glass walls and a spa. And, of course, a little toy called Lamborghini. Aventador looks just so amazing. This might sound a bit selfish, but I do need something to motivate me after all.

I would like to get to know you guys better, so if anyone wants to talk outside of these forums privately, feel free to contact me through

skype: primoz_bozic

I always find the time to talk to people with similar issues, if they can help me with some problems, it's great, and if I can help them with theirs, it's even better!

Best regards,

Primoz
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

NK, og zua tjuamf iwis sief vjot, O fiiqmz vjepl zua gus emm vji lpuxmifhi gsun zuas cuul, vji wemai ug ov ot figopivimz xez nusi vjep vji $7 ov dutv up Enebup - Lopfmi ifovoup (Xjev e tviem!).

O sief emm vji opvsut. :tnyC: Vjepl zua gus siefoph nz cuul epf howoph ov e djepdi vu djephi zuas mogi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom