Hi all,
A bit about me, I'm in my early 30s, based in Europe and I've been on quite the rollercoaster the past decade.
I was following the slowlane script, I graduated with a useful degree and went to work for a big company and immediately hated every minute of it. I held out for about a year until I quit to pursue entrepreneurship. My eyes had been opened to other possibilities by reading the 4 hour work week. I didn't really care about working four hours a week, my main take away was that it is possible to live a great life without having to waste most of my time in an office making someone else rich.
I decided to go the entrepreneurial route, but I was 22 years old, surrounded by slowlaners & sidewalkers, and without any idea for a business. Conclusion: I need to change my environment. I needed to be in a place where entrepreneurship was happening and where I could meet likeminded people. I decided to pursue a masters degree in a university that was investing heavily in promoting and supporting entrepreneurship (as an FYI, university is world class and nearly free where I live).
During my studies I dropped out to start a company with a class mate, we patented a new process and started a business out of it. After a year of running this full time and trying to scale, our personalities clashed and I decided to sell my share of the business to him. Emotionally depleted by the ordeal I decided to finish my degree. I did and nearing the end helped set up a spin off company for the university. It was a good experience but it became clear that, that business wouldn't scale so I decided to leave the company.
During all these adventures I also had the opportunity to live in the US and China for a while. In the latter place I met a girl that moved to Europe for me. In order to get a visa sorted for her I had to have stable income so I got a job again after being an entrepreneur. It's been very educational, but ultimately I feel the trade off isn't worth it, even though as far as jobs go most people would kill for my current job.
The plan for the next 6-12 months: buying real-estate to generate cash flow (slowlane, I know, but not having to worry about the bills will allow me to focus on my new ventures). Once this is up and running, move to China to enjoy a lower cost of living and the opportunity to start a business in one of the most dynamic places on earth.
I've been very impressed with the quality of the people on this forum and hope to be able to contribute to it during my journey back onto the fast lane!
And I would love to hear feedback from you all on my future plans!
A bit about me, I'm in my early 30s, based in Europe and I've been on quite the rollercoaster the past decade.
I was following the slowlane script, I graduated with a useful degree and went to work for a big company and immediately hated every minute of it. I held out for about a year until I quit to pursue entrepreneurship. My eyes had been opened to other possibilities by reading the 4 hour work week. I didn't really care about working four hours a week, my main take away was that it is possible to live a great life without having to waste most of my time in an office making someone else rich.
I decided to go the entrepreneurial route, but I was 22 years old, surrounded by slowlaners & sidewalkers, and without any idea for a business. Conclusion: I need to change my environment. I needed to be in a place where entrepreneurship was happening and where I could meet likeminded people. I decided to pursue a masters degree in a university that was investing heavily in promoting and supporting entrepreneurship (as an FYI, university is world class and nearly free where I live).
During my studies I dropped out to start a company with a class mate, we patented a new process and started a business out of it. After a year of running this full time and trying to scale, our personalities clashed and I decided to sell my share of the business to him. Emotionally depleted by the ordeal I decided to finish my degree. I did and nearing the end helped set up a spin off company for the university. It was a good experience but it became clear that, that business wouldn't scale so I decided to leave the company.
During all these adventures I also had the opportunity to live in the US and China for a while. In the latter place I met a girl that moved to Europe for me. In order to get a visa sorted for her I had to have stable income so I got a job again after being an entrepreneur. It's been very educational, but ultimately I feel the trade off isn't worth it, even though as far as jobs go most people would kill for my current job.
The plan for the next 6-12 months: buying real-estate to generate cash flow (slowlane, I know, but not having to worry about the bills will allow me to focus on my new ventures). Once this is up and running, move to China to enjoy a lower cost of living and the opportunity to start a business in one of the most dynamic places on earth.
I've been very impressed with the quality of the people on this forum and hope to be able to contribute to it during my journey back onto the fast lane!
And I would love to hear feedback from you all on my future plans!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
