The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlane & ready to merge into the fast lane again!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
Hi all,

A bit about me, I'm in my early 30s, based in Europe and I've been on quite the rollercoaster the past decade.

I was following the slowlane script, I graduated with a useful degree and went to work for a big company and immediately hated every minute of it. I held out for about a year until I quit to pursue entrepreneurship. My eyes had been opened to other possibilities by reading the 4 hour work week. I didn't really care about working four hours a week, my main take away was that it is possible to live a great life without having to waste most of my time in an office making someone else rich.

I decided to go the entrepreneurial route, but I was 22 years old, surrounded by slowlaners & sidewalkers, and without any idea for a business. Conclusion: I need to change my environment. I needed to be in a place where entrepreneurship was happening and where I could meet likeminded people. I decided to pursue a masters degree in a university that was investing heavily in promoting and supporting entrepreneurship (as an FYI, university is world class and nearly free where I live).

During my studies I dropped out to start a company with a class mate, we patented a new process and started a business out of it. After a year of running this full time and trying to scale, our personalities clashed and I decided to sell my share of the business to him. Emotionally depleted by the ordeal I decided to finish my degree. I did and nearing the end helped set up a spin off company for the university. It was a good experience but it became clear that, that business wouldn't scale so I decided to leave the company.

During all these adventures I also had the opportunity to live in the US and China for a while. In the latter place I met a girl that moved to Europe for me. In order to get a visa sorted for her I had to have stable income so I got a job again after being an entrepreneur. It's been very educational, but ultimately I feel the trade off isn't worth it, even though as far as jobs go most people would kill for my current job.

The plan for the next 6-12 months: buying real-estate to generate cash flow (slowlane, I know, but not having to worry about the bills will allow me to focus on my new ventures). Once this is up and running, move to China to enjoy a lower cost of living and the opportunity to start a business in one of the most dynamic places on earth.

I've been very impressed with the quality of the people on this forum and hope to be able to contribute to it during my journey back onto the fast lane!

And I would love to hear feedback from you all on my future plans!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...