The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slavery (rant)

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Just a rant…

Itś like no one at all can see it, or they just don´t want to acknowledge it...this is modern day slavery. Wage slavery. The whole system is jacked up.

I have a rather good job compared to a large majority of Americans and I do ¨okay¨. My situation could definitely be worse and I am grateful to have what I do.

I get to travel all over the state and all over the country. I make a decent wage (when compared to most Americans). I get vacation time and sick time. I get paid holidays off.

It is all a sham though. This isn't some new realization I just had. I´ve seen it for a while now. It is depressing.

My company does not match our 401k (a 401k is all BS anyways). No real retirement plan...people working here decades with no real way to retire… they don't even see it. They will see it when they get to be 70 trying to retire.. By then it will be too late though...

My company health insurance is about 25% of my monthly income...really? Oh, by the way I work for a doctor in the medical field. I can barely afford a shitty health insurance plan and I work in the medical field, go figure.

My monthly rent is about 50% of my income...really? That is the average BTW, I do not live in some high end apartment by any means. If I did then it would be pretty much all of my income.

My basic living expenses essentially match my monthly income, and I do better than the majority of Americans. My apartment and health insurance make up 75% of my income, I haven't even added my other expenses to this list.

How much do I work? Well, tomorrow I have to be up at 2:30 am to be at my office at 4 am to work until 8 pm. I work well over 40 hours a week. Next week I fly out for two weeks on a business trip...the vast majority of my day (every day) is spent on BS at my job making a barely livable wage.

My daily experience is spent dealing with bullshit business politics. 8 to 14 hours a day, every single day with two days off a week (If I am not out of town on a business trip). My day is spent having coworkers throw each other, and me, under the bus. They hate their existence and it makes them hate each other. By the time I get off I am too tired to do anything else but go home and sleep.

On most of my days I do not get lunch because I am forced to work or I get fired. State laws enforce this. I get breakfast in the morning and 14 hours later I get dinner when I clock out. On the days I do get lunch, it is only 30 minutes.

The rest of my time is spent on meaningless labor with no time allowed to spend on myself. No time to spend thinking about myself. No time to spend thinking how to improve myself. No time to spend on building the life I want for myself. Live to work and work to live.

It is not any better for my managers or the ¨high up¨ managers. They have student loan debt, mortgage debt, credit card debt, car loan debt, families to take care of ect. In fact, they have even more to lose than I do.

When I drive to work I have police pull up behind me on a daily basis trying to find any reason at all to stop me so they can issue a ticket. I see at least four cops a day while driving to work. Yes, I know that the tickets they issue fund the criminal justice system that is used to profit even more. Prison slavery is real. Privately funded prisons making a profit are real. I see it, even if most people do not. The United States government, the most ¨free¨ country on earth, arrests more people than any country on earth, really? Let's not even get into that..

The owner of my company makes a killing though. I have seen him make over $500k in a week. I do not judge him though because I see it. I understand the situation. He isn't to blame. He just saw the same system I do.

The system doesn't care about you or me. It is all about money. I have come to accept the fact that you are either the man that owns the company or the man that works for the company. Yes our system is that black and white. You are a slave or a slave owner. There is no in-between. You either exploit or you are exploited.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.