The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skin health

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
hey fastlaners, ive been thinking about skin health and tips on looking younger (or as young as possible) as you age. As unfortunate as it is, we will all get older and get less radiant and vital but that doent mean we can limit the effect while we are young!

Well ive been looking online and i can only find the generic huffington post or some other “10 funky tips you wouldnt believe to make you look younger!” That we already know. Yes, i know that exercising and getting good sleep is good for my skin....

What i am interested in is the specific types of food and herbs one should ingest to keep ones skins nice and plump. The staples i have found so far are salmon from the healthy fats, avocados, lemons, and blueberries. Anyone know any other foods that are great for keeping good skin? Or skin products but i am very skeptical of those as most are filled with chemical madness that are worthless. I will do my best to find the best foods to eat for skin care and post here if i finf more info

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Carrots or carrot juice. Your skin will look so much healthier you won't believe it (it's mostly because of carotenoids that give your skin a nice glow).

Other than that, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, and apricots (also for carotenoids) and eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt for tyrosine (it's the precursor to the pigment melanin that protects your skin).

Other foods high in antioxidants (like vitamin C and A rich foods including broccoli, red bell pepper, etc.) will also help.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Carrots or carrot juice. Your skin will look so much healthier you won't believe it (it's mostly because of carotenoids that give your skin a nice glow).

Other than that, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, and apricots (also for carotenoids) and eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt for tyrosine (it's the precursor to the pigment melanin that protects your skin).

Other foods high in antioxidants (like vitamin C and A rich foods including broccoli, red bell pepper, etc.) will also help.
Wow that list is awesome. I forgot listing red peppers as something hugely beneficial for skin. All the foods you listed I read in a bunch of books on improving skin so I’m very happy there are like minded people haha. Awesome man thanks for reminding me the foods

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
Hyaluronic acid - thank me later

ha-before-after.jpg

Just get a spray off Amazon and/or some capsules (NOW is a decent brand)

Of course, good food, sleep, exercise; minimal/no drinking, smoking, etc. as well - overall healthy lifestyle

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Manuka honey is great for for if you have uneven skin tones or acne scars. Honey in general has lots of medicinal properties but Manuka Honey is the best in my opinion.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
This is very general, but low stress, eating healthy, regular exercise, and plenty of sleep will keep your skin young and healthy.

Also, a sunscreen and moisturizer are great.

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It's not about what you put on your body. It's about what you put in your body.

Eat tons and tons of veggies and fruits. As in 80% of your diet. The other 20% should be oat meal, rice, (sweet) potatoes, quinoa. Eat everything as simple and unprocessed as possible. The closer the food is to its natural state the better. Steaming is best. Cut out all refined oils (yes also olive or coconut). Cut out all dairy, eggs, meat. Feel free to drink tons of juices as long as they are freshly pressed. No additives.

No smoking. No/very little drinking.

Don't put weird creams on your skin. The chemicals F*ck you up. By weird creams I mean the stuff 99% of people put on their skin. At best they do nothing. A lot of them make things worse immediately or in the long run.

Your body is a very complex system evolved over millions and millions of years in a natural environment. You need to give it as much of that natural environment in order for it to thrive. I.e. natural products a.k.a. natural, unprocessed foods. Specifically those that humans in an ancestral context would've been able to acquire. Conversely, you need to cut out all unnatural substances (smoking, excessive alcohol, creams). You don't need them. They can only F*ck you up.

Yes, this takes a lot of time and discipline.

I'm probably gonna catch a lot of flack for this; But thinking that just buying some cream at the store and putting it on your skin will do anything to benefit your skin and health is a case of falling for the shortcut scam.

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
"Super foods" are another short cut scam by the way.

The thought that eating this one magical berry found in the high mountains of some exotic land cultivated by the priests of indigenous tribes is all it takes...

There is no shortcut. You just have to do the process. In the context of nutrition as it relates to health this means eating right. Always (if you aim for always, the times you falter won't matter). The state of your skin is just one of the markers of your health. Health on the inside = health on the outside.

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
Look into cold showers! My skin always look a little better after i blast it with coldness for 1-3 minutes.It will probably be difficult at first. Use warm water, then gradually switch towards cold and have a blast at the end.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I have felt that topical treatments were only short term problem solvers.

At the end of the day, the best answer is to eat right, get good sleep, exercise, and drink plenty of water.

Probably staying out of the sun will help.

Not smoking or drinking, and don’t do hardcore drugs.

Have you seen a methhead with good skin? Didn’t think so.

:)

ShellShock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2018
Bucharest
Depending on where he lives, he should spend maybe 30 minutes a day in the sun for dat Vit D. But no more after; too much sun notably ages your skin.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Application of 100% aloe vera gel on the face and neck 3 times a day.

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
My business partner and I have run a handcrafted, plant based, small batch lifestyle brand for the past half dozen years.

The vast majority of our sales come from farmer's markets, festivals, and expos. I tell every woman I come in contact with that does not want to look their age: "Drink the appropriate amount of water every single day AND invest in a plant based moisturizer to use every single day and you will never, ever look your age. We don't sell water, but I can inform you and consult you on the other half."

Works like a charm.

Alberto322

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2021
Some great recommendations on here, but don't forget that you need to help the skin from the outside as well, by having a nice skincare routine. I feel like people often forget about one or the other and then are confused as to why there's no improvement. Honestly, I enjoy the skincare part a lot more because I find it more fun to find a new product, like this eye cream MaryAnn Day & Night Eye Cream that I've just stumbled across, but I make sure not to neglect the inside health as well.

Last edited:

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Hydrolyzed Collagen is research-based and proven to help with hydrating skin (along with helping joints). I put some in my coffee everyday (unflavored).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.