I've heard this advice at least a million times "FOLLOW YOUR PASSION" . While initially motivating, I found it highly deceiving and considered it as a diversion as to what I should actually be doing. It might hold it's own fan following, but following your passion is not always rewarding (monetarily or otherwise). Ofcourse there might be some cases where following the passion was actually fruitful, but they're extremely rare. In the long run however, you need money to take care of yourself, your family, etc. IMO, passion might get you started, but skills are what would keep you going. Passion may not get you where you want to be, but skills can help you get there. The reason I'm writing this is because there are a number of people(especially teenagers or wantrapreneurs) who take the PASSION FOLLOWING so seriously that they might forget about other skills required to get good at your job, grow your business and move in the right direction. I just wanted to make them aware of this factor and take responsible action rather than impulsive ones.
I might receive a lot of flak for this, but I'd like to know what everyone here thinks about this.
I might receive a lot of flak for this, but I'd like to know what everyone here thinks about this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
