The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Silence is Golden

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
So after testing my first version of my product with a couple of people, and receiving silence as feedback, I now understand that my minimum viable product is way too minimum and minimalistic. One of the people validated some assumptions of mine on the need but didn't say much when I shared what the product looked like.

I initially was deflated but I'll keep going, add some features I initially thought about and then will get more feedback. My gut instinct knew it wasn't enough so I'm not surprised but I guess my ego made me believe people would praise me or something. Maybe I was expecting some approval like a kid waits for their parents' approval and praise.

I'm just afraid of spending countless hours on software development for nothing. Got fried so many times on other projects for other people or startups. But this is mine and it's the risk to take and the necessary path to follow. I have to remind myself of the whys and focus on them instead of focusing on the fear of rejection or the long hours sitting in front of a screen.

Thanks to MJ for writing his books. Each time I re-read a passage it keeps me going.

I also have to exercise patience, which isn't my strongest asset.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Market echos my friend...keep moving forward.

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
7 Days To Freedom: How To Go From Wantrepreneur To Income Producing Freelancer In Just 7 Days...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Adding in my 2 cents for anyone considering joining. Let me save you the deliberation - join...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom