The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Braindump: Stop Avoiding Silence with Distractions

Anything related to matters of the mind

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Who else can relate to this?

If you are driving, you turn on the radio.

If I am eating breakfast, I will watch a Youtube video or browse the internet.

If I am on the toilet or in bed, I will scroll through Facebook or Instagram.

Why? Why do we default to distracting ourselves whenever we have a moment to ourselves or a moment of silence? We feel this need to occupy our mind or distract our brain. It is just continual consumption of content and entertainment. By distracting our minds all the time we don't give ourselves the time we need to be with ourselves and truly relax or just think.

We get in this habit of consumption and distractions.

I have been working 80 hour weeks lately, 40 hours at work and 40 hours at home on my business and it started to catch up to me and I was catching myself procrastinating pretty often. It was taking me 4 hours to get done 1 hour worth of work. So I deleted Facebook and Instagram. And recently I took it a step further and stopped watching Youtube in the morning or listening to the radio while driving.

I am finding myself not getting distracted or feeling the need to look at what is happening online. When I am driving, I find myself having productive thoughts about problems I am solving in my business. And honestly it is just straight up stress relieving to just relax and not be consuming content and distracted all the time.

If you have trouble with procrastination, lose the social media and stop looking for something to do every time you have some alone time. Let your mind just wander and you'll start to notice the distractions disappear and your life become more productive.

/braindump

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
Just turned off the Spotify lo-fi music on the background. Currently, I'm trying to do "NoDistraction", and I wonder whether background music qualifies as such.

I guess it does. Going to try it out for the next few days.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.