This is just a little rant.
So, I've been supplementing my income with Fiverr gigs for the past few months, and it's been a pretty interesting experience. Sometimes the things that we do (even Ebay!) can teach us really important business lessons. I'm kind of surprised at what I've been making on the site, since I had previously written it off as a waste of time.
Just for inquiring minds, I've been doing ghostwriting, fixing Wordpress problems, setting up Facebook Fan pages (yes, people actually pay others to do this), proofreading, and translating.
Things I've learned:
1. The internet is filled with wantrepreneurs that are seriously lazy. I've written affiliate marketing articles recently that will make you vomit. There are are thousands of people out there that just pretty much feed off of each other about 100% commissions and "automated systems" that only take 10 minutes a day to run. And all you have to do is pay $24.96 a month for a training package... you get my drift.
I guess this is network marketing on steroids. The lesson is that the only person actually "Fastlane", as we call it here, is the guy that came up with the idea.
2. Don't buy a stupid pre-made site. There are SO many people out there that are so desperate that they will believe anyone out there "selling dreams". There is a particular forum that's been mentioned a lot on here that is pretty much crawling with people like that. You get what you pay for! If you pay $100 for one of these ready-to-go websites, chances are you won't even get your money back. I've had customers buy multiple crap websites at a time and just nickle and dime themselves and get nothing in return. :sigh:
3. Don't outsource stuff that you don't know how to do, at least marginally, yourself. I'm not joking about this - I did a gig the other day for a "social media marketing" company. The gig? Setting up their freaking Facebook page that took all of 25 seconds. If this is what the competition is like, we are golden! :icon_super:
The good news for us is that the majority of the people that find this forum and stay here are going to be different that the folks that you'll find somewhere else. If you aren't falling for all of those tricks above, you are probably 75% done on your way to the Fastlane.
There is NO substitute for hard work, no matter what anyone tells you. Ever!!
So, I've been supplementing my income with Fiverr gigs for the past few months, and it's been a pretty interesting experience. Sometimes the things that we do (even Ebay!) can teach us really important business lessons. I'm kind of surprised at what I've been making on the site, since I had previously written it off as a waste of time.
Just for inquiring minds, I've been doing ghostwriting, fixing Wordpress problems, setting up Facebook Fan pages (yes, people actually pay others to do this), proofreading, and translating.
Things I've learned:
1. The internet is filled with wantrepreneurs that are seriously lazy. I've written affiliate marketing articles recently that will make you vomit. There are are thousands of people out there that just pretty much feed off of each other about 100% commissions and "automated systems" that only take 10 minutes a day to run. And all you have to do is pay $24.96 a month for a training package... you get my drift.
I guess this is network marketing on steroids. The lesson is that the only person actually "Fastlane", as we call it here, is the guy that came up with the idea.
2. Don't buy a stupid pre-made site. There are SO many people out there that are so desperate that they will believe anyone out there "selling dreams". There is a particular forum that's been mentioned a lot on here that is pretty much crawling with people like that. You get what you pay for! If you pay $100 for one of these ready-to-go websites, chances are you won't even get your money back. I've had customers buy multiple crap websites at a time and just nickle and dime themselves and get nothing in return. :sigh:
3. Don't outsource stuff that you don't know how to do, at least marginally, yourself. I'm not joking about this - I did a gig the other day for a "social media marketing" company. The gig? Setting up their freaking Facebook page that took all of 25 seconds. If this is what the competition is like, we are golden! :icon_super:
The good news for us is that the majority of the people that find this forum and stay here are going to be different that the folks that you'll find somewhere else. If you aren't falling for all of those tricks above, you are probably 75% done on your way to the Fastlane.
There is NO substitute for hard work, no matter what anyone tells you. Ever!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
