- Joined
- Jul 29, 2008
- Messages
- 2,044
Rep Bank
$1,155
$1,155
User Power: 10%
I'm thinking about starting a little lawn service side business for some extra cash, nothing big just about 10-15 lawns. I want to quit my part time job and stay busy between projects.
I figure $1k to get all the equipment, IE trailer, push mower for little stuff, trimmer, blower, odds and ends. The largest expenses by far is the big mower, thats going to cost a few bucks.
My ROI isn't to horrible, 15 lawns at $25 a pop is about $375 a week. So after the first season its all gravy. I'm willing to shell out the cash to avoid a part time job, to me thats a worth while investment. Those are conservative numbers I should be able to charge more than that, and my time invested per week will be less than 20 hours.
Its either a 30 hour a week job at Lowes or this. I'm thinking I could invest $5k-$6k to build myself a little side business and avoid that. Start up cash isn't an issue. Working in a big building for other people frankly sucks as far as I'm concerned. Also the idea of doing the same thing inside for 8 hours is pretty miserable for me. My goal is to make the same money with 1/2 the time investment, and have flexable hours. This way I can concentrate on building up the real estate business which is where the money is. I'm not looking to get rich cutting lawns, just some cash to live on so I don't eat into my RE earnings.
The plus side is that I can cut the lawns of some of the houses I want to buy and get friendly with the owners!
Any input would be appreciated!
I figure $1k to get all the equipment, IE trailer, push mower for little stuff, trimmer, blower, odds and ends. The largest expenses by far is the big mower, thats going to cost a few bucks.
My ROI isn't to horrible, 15 lawns at $25 a pop is about $375 a week. So after the first season its all gravy. I'm willing to shell out the cash to avoid a part time job, to me thats a worth while investment. Those are conservative numbers I should be able to charge more than that, and my time invested per week will be less than 20 hours.
Its either a 30 hour a week job at Lowes or this. I'm thinking I could invest $5k-$6k to build myself a little side business and avoid that. Start up cash isn't an issue. Working in a big building for other people frankly sucks as far as I'm concerned. Also the idea of doing the same thing inside for 8 hours is pretty miserable for me. My goal is to make the same money with 1/2 the time investment, and have flexable hours. This way I can concentrate on building up the real estate business which is where the money is. I'm not looking to get rich cutting lawns, just some cash to live on so I don't eat into my RE earnings.
The plus side is that I can cut the lawns of some of the houses I want to buy and get friendly with the owners!
Any input would be appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
