The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I stay or should I grow now ?

Feedback

Anthares

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 3, 2023
Hello,

I thank you very much for all the advice I received so far. It's really helping me finding ways to grow my activity and find ways to break my current plateau.

I am a Freelance online teacher in France.
This year my hourly rate is doubling and I start to have 200E/h customers. It will be my normal hourly rate compared to 100/120 last year.

The problem is that I'm still a solopreneur and in France, this status is nice for starting. I have to pay 25% taxes in total but have an earning threshold of 80K E/year maximum. I can exceed this threshold during one year with no limits.
If I exceed it for two consecutive years, I need to change my company status.
Also if I exceed the threshold, the taxes rate will increase permanently to approximately 40%.

I have the plan to move and relocate my company in Czech Republic in two years.
Before that, my goal for the next two years, is to give group lessons next autumn to reach 400 E/h or more.

So my question is:
-Should I keep my current company form. I have very little costs, simplified accounting and don't need an accountant, and it's very easy in terms of administrative tasks. But it will be hard to earn more than 100K/year, which is too little for my taste given that I want to save at a faster rate.
I will use these more quiet next two years to focus solely on creating videos and content, and start the group lessons. I will grow my company in Czech Republic, where there will be no income threshold.

-The other option is to change my company structure. It's possible to create a SASU (a simplified joint stock company (SAS) with a single shareholder). I can keep my current company and have the SAS company at the same time. It will require some administrative work and an accountant. The tax rate will be 40% with no income limit and I can deduct business expenses (I can't do it with my current company). I don't know if it will be worth it to start this company, given that I plan to move in two years and will need to close it (it will be further administrative headaches).
Also, in France, the State doubles the price of my lessons since it's considered as a "house/people service" like house cleaning or gardening. My customers get a 50% tax return on the lessons I give. It will take 6 months to have my SAS approved to this program. So I would use my current company before this SAS company gets approved to this program.

I hope it's not too complicated.

I teach 25 hours/hour. The rest is for improving my maths level, creating content and resources, business and administrative tasks and finding ways to grow and scale my activity.
I could make 25x200E x4 weeks x 11 months = 220K next year.

So what option would you chose ?
I'm inclined to the first one, because it's my comfort zone.

But in Czech republic, I will need to have a real company with an accountant. So maybe I should get bigger before moving, even just for the learning curve.

Is the option number 2 worth it ?
And if you have any other suggestions, you're welcome.

Thank you very much :)
I really appreciate your advice. It's really helping me getting vision in this phase where I have "knots" in my brain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anthares

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 3, 2023
A brave man would try to grow with option 2.

A smart man might escape the administrative trap, and try to grow in one single bigger jump in two years.
Hence the dilemma and trying to guess who's right

Arjun Uphale

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 20, 2023
Hello,

I thank you very much for all the advice I received so far. It's really helping me finding ways to grow my activity and find ways to break my current plateau.

I am a Freelance online teacher in France.
This year my hourly rate is doubling and I start to have 200E/h customers. It will be my normal hourly rate compared to 100/120 last year.

The problem is that I'm still a solopreneur and in France, this status is nice for starting. I have to pay 25% taxes in total but have an earning threshold of 80K E/year maximum. I can exceed this threshold during one year with no limits.
If I exceed it for two consecutive years, I need to change my company status.
Also if I exceed the threshold, the taxes rate will increase permanently to approximately 40%.

I have the plan to move and relocate my company in Czech Republic in two years.
Before that, my goal for the next two years, is to give group lessons next autumn to reach 400 E/h or more.

So my question is:
-Should I keep my current company form. I have very little costs, simplified accounting and don't need an accountant, and it's very easy in terms of administrative tasks. But it will be hard to earn more than 100K/year, which is too little for my taste given that I want to save at a faster rate.
I will use these more quiet next two years to focus solely on creating videos and content, and start the group lessons. I will grow my company in Czech Republic, where there will be no income threshold.

-The other option is to change my company structure. It's possible to create a SASU (a simplified joint stock company (SAS) with a single shareholder). I can keep my current company and have the SAS company at the same time. It will require some administrative work and an accountant. The tax rate will be 40% with no income limit and I can deduct business expenses (I can't do it with my current company). I don't know if it will be worth it to start this company, given that I plan to move in two years and will need to close it (it will be further administrative headaches).
Also, in France, the State doubles the price of my lessons since it's considered as a "house/people service" like house cleaning or gardening. My customers get a 50% tax return on the lessons I give. It will take 6 months to have my SAS approved to this program. So I would use my current company before this SAS company gets approved to this program.

I hope it's not too complicated.

I teach 25 hours/hour. The rest is for improving my maths level, creating content and resources, business and administrative tasks and finding ways to grow and scale my activity.
I could make 25x200E x4 weeks x 11 months = 220K next year.

So what option would you chose ?
I'm inclined to the first one, because it's my comfort zone.

But in Czech republic, I will need to have a real company with an accountant. So maybe I should get bigger before moving, even just for the learning curve.

Is the option number 2 worth it ?
And if you have any other suggestions, you're welcome.

Thank you very much :)
I really appreciate your advice. It's really helping me getting vision in this phase where I have "knots" in my brain.
I don't know where I heard this quote but it goes ,"Your Business Is Dying if It Is Not Growing".

JMO.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anthares

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 3, 2023
I agree. I always try to think of the next step to improve. There will still be growth during this 2-year phase though, even if I don't change the company status.

-The hourly rate will increase.
-I will polish my maths level, for some harder chapters where I need to study a bit more.
-I will create new videos and banks of exercises
-I will start giving group lessons

But the total revenues will stagnate for two years.

I hope to get a few more answers to help making up my mind

Anthares

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 3, 2023
I will create the new structure in a couple months.
I will try to generate 200/250kE next year :)

Thanks for your feedback

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.