The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I stay in Highschool?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

swooshed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2022
Hey guys, I'm currently in highschool, still have another year and a bit more to go, ive made around 5k from my business so far in the last few months (haven't been actively selling because of school).

Have been pretty stressed and other parts of life have kind of taken a hit, not sure whether or not I should stay in school? I tend to come home everyday feeling like it was a useless day, hitting the gym, having dinner, trying to fit in whatever I can and then going to sleep so I can wake up at 6 and repeat. Am I the issue or am I balancing too much? Also have a job as well. Not sure what to do. Pretty drained most days and feel like I'm not getting to where I want to be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Yes. Finish high school. If you want to debate going to college, that is totally fine, but high school is important for most jobs if you so ever don't succeed at your current business. You also learn important information in high school, which is not always the case at college.

I want you to be successful in your business, and don't want you to have to use your HS diploma to get a slow-lane job. However, the majority of successful entrepreneurs started with a slow-lane job so they could survive while building their business on the side.

Try and get on a schedule that works for you. School is important for learning, and that is it. Recognize that school is also a game, meant to push you to college. If you don't want to go to college, focus on the learning and less on the game of school.

Any business will take a hit if you are busy for 6 hours a day(high school), but that is the reality of being a teenager. Build your business as much as you can within the confines of finishing school. When you graduate high school, you will have a business that is ready to take off while also having your HS diploma if you ever need it.
Have been pretty stressed and other parts of life have kind of taken a hit
Write out all of the problems you are having.
Write out all of the tasks that need to be done.

Figure out which problems are not really problems and push them to the side. Figure out which problems need to be addressed ASAP and figure out what you need to do to resolve these problems. Take immediate action and get to work on it. With the tasks, figure out the most important tasks and knock them off. Write this list every day so you can see the progress you are making on your tasks and you can fine-tune what you will do that day.

A mental hack I use. Find the task I want to do LEAST and do it first. Every other task seems much easier after that because I don't have to dread doing that task anymore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.