The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I proceed with this Business? Unsure of Legality..

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016
Hey guys,

So after working for an indian guy on upwork doing copywriting, he's telling me about a business plan where I open an AMAZON Mturk account (Honestly I don't know what this was before he brought it up but its basically jobs robots can't do) and have him and his partners work on the projects I sign up for.

He said when I make $100 I'll transfer $80 to him and then keep $20 to myself. I basically don't do anything except have the account open. To me, this seems like easy money but sort've unethical.. I just would like to know your guys thoughts on this, especially since you all have so much experience in Entrepreneurship.

I am a naive and curious individual so sometimes I'm unsure of whether something is too good to be true or worth it. I guess my bullshit meters going off right now haha..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hey guys,

So after working for an indian guy on upwork doing copywriting, he's telling me about a business plan where I open an AMAZON Mturk account (Honestly I don't know what this was before he brought it up but its basically jobs robots can't do) and have him and his partners work on the projects I sign up for.

He said when I make $100 I'll transfer $80 to him and then keep $20 to myself. I basically don't do anything except have the account open. To me, this seems like easy money but sort've unethical.. I just would like to know your guys thoughts on this, especially since you all have so much experience in Entrepreneurship.

I am a naive and curious individual so sometimes I'm unsure of whether something is too good to be true or worth it. I guess my bullshit meters going off right now haha..

Nothing illegal about that. It's called sub-contracting.

What you'd want to find out, is if that's against amazon's terms of service... that, I couldn't tell you.

If you're bullshit meter is going off, then walk away. Always go with your gut.

The biggest question in my mind, is why this guy needs you to open an account.

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016

What you'd want to find out, is if that's against amazon's terms of service... that, I couldn't tell you.

If you're bullshit meter is going off, then walk away. Always go with your gut.

The biggest question in my mind, is why this guy needs you to open an account.
I think mturk only used US and UK accounts and have now only allowed indian accounts to be made but they must be accepted first.

I think it was due to the poor quality of Indian accounts.

I just don't want to do it. I rather do something else but I'll think about it and look into the terms of service.

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016

Can an account holder subcontract on Mturk? • r/mturk

Just came across this. My bullshit meter was right, and thanks for the reminder of always listening with my gut :) Need to trust that guy more

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like sub-contracting, not illegal but might be against Amazon's terms.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I'm pretty familiar with how Mturk works. If you did that, your account will certainly be suspended down the line.

That's not even the biggest issue.

Your Mturk account requires your SSN, and has full access to your regular Amazon.com account.
Therefore, if anyone has access to your Mturk account, they can also access your Amazon profile.

If you're an active Amazon user with credit cards, bank accounts etc on file, that can get interesting.
Good thing you've decided not to do it, but I thought I'd add this, in case the guy tries to convince you further.

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016
I'm pretty familiar with how Mturk works. If you did that, your account will certainly be suspended down the line.

That's not even the biggest issue.

Your Mturk account requires your SSN, and has full access to your regular Amazon.com account.
Therefore, if anyone has access to your Mturk account, they can also access your Amazon profile.

If you're an active Amazon user with credit cards, bank accounts etc on file, that can get interesting.
Good thing you've decided not to do it, but I thought I'd add this, in case the guy tries to convince you further.
Scary stuff man. The guy was too desperate and eager to get started too which made me take a set back.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
You certainly made the right decision not doing it. Amazon is very strict with their standards. I've had some involvement with a few different Indian developers recently and let me tell you they have all been very unethical bordering on con men. Definitely a get-rich-quick mentality where deception and illegality make no difference. I think this is a much bigger problem in India then people realize. Similar to all of the counterfeiting in China with websites like Alibaba.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.