The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Should I create company Ltd and register a business name first?

Enislav Mollov

New Contributor
Sep 27, 2018
Hello,

I have an idea for internet business and web app. I already hire a developer and he is currently working on the web app. My question is: should I create company Ltd and register a business name first, before I release my web app to the world? Or I should start my business as a person and if I the app succeed then create my Ltd and register the business name?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
In a word, yes!

Regarding business structure, that's definitely a question for your accountant, however I would recommend setting it up in a formal business structure (as opposed to sole trader / owner operator), though this terminology may vary, depending where in the world you are!

OP
OP
E

Enislav Mollov

New Contributor
Sep 27, 2018
I was thinking the same: to start with formal business structure. The thing is that a friend of mine (a lawyer) scares me that in that formal business structure I should implement al kind of documents regarding GDPR regulations aside from GDPR regulations on the web app itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I really enjoyed the course actually. It's exactly what's needed to set off in the part-time freelancing direction. Taken a few courses before...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom