The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shipping Directly to Amazon FBA from China Manufacture

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Hey guys,

Quick question.

This is my third order from this supplier and instead of having it shipped to me, I want them to ship directly to Amazon FBA.

I already had them print the UPC code label to put on each product box. Is there anything else that I will need to do differently? Will Amazon accept packages that is from China (with the yellow tape, and the manufacture information as oppose to mine)?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Yeah, just make sure they print and stick the FBA label on the box.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Make sure you put the contact name and phone number to your vendor on there so when Amazon wants to re-order, they can reorder from your vendor directly.

That is assuming the vendor doesn't contact Amazon first.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Yeah, just make sure they print and stick the FBA label on the box.

Just want to make sure I understand correctly. When you say FBA Label, you are referring to the UPC labels right? Or are you talking about the shipping labels on the case that says my company's name/address and where it is shipping to?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just want to make sure I understand correctly. When you say FBA Label, you are referring to the UPC labels right? Or are you talking about the shipping labels on the case that says my company's name/address and where it is shipping to?
The label you print from amazon. The FBA label that has a huge barcode with amazons fulfillment centre address.

Also, look at @Vigilante 's post, that is the main reason why people don't recommend shipping directly from your supplier. If your gets big, you think amazon will just sit there letting you get your profits? Either they'll contact the supplier or the supplier will start selling the same product at factory prices. So, it's generally not a good idea.

Anyways, that's up to you.

Sunscreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 1, 2015
@Vigilante @MoneyDoc
So as an foreign seller to the USA market should I just accept that my margins will be terrible
having to ship to Australia then to America?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
The label you print from amazon. The FBA label that has a huge barcode with amazons fulfillment centre address.

Also, look at @Vigilante 's post, that is the main reason why people don't recommend shipping directly from your supplier. If your gets big, you think amazon will just sit there letting you get your profits? Either they'll contact the supplier or the supplier will start selling the same product at factory prices. So, it's generally not a good idea.

Anyways, that's up to you.

Okay I will just ship to my home address then. Won't cost that much to ship to FBA from my house.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante @MoneyDoc
So as an foreign seller to the USA market should I just accept that my margins will be terrible
having to ship to Australia then to America?

You have to maintain a degree of separation in between your sources and your venues. You also don't ever want your supplier to understand exactly how much business you are doing in any one location. Not only is it none of their business, but you are the customer… Not Amazon.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Okay I will just ship to my home address then. Won't cost that much to ship to FBA from my house.
Lots of foreign sellers ship to a prepping service in the US, who then check, repack if necessary, and onforward the goods to FBA.

The extra cost could save you losing your business entirely.

Walter

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Factory --> Sourcing Service --> Amazon FBA

Get the sourcing service to inspect, repackage into plain and more protective packaging, and to label correctly. Make sure you're dealing with a service that understands FBA.

Saves me time and money, instead of using one of those prep and ship companies in the US.

That's how I do it, not being based in the States.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Get the sourcing service to inspect, repackage into plain and more protective packaging, and to label correctly. Make sure you're dealing with a service that understands FBA.

Saves me time and money, instead of using one of those prep and ship companies in the US.

There are a handful of freight forwarders, a couple of them based in Europe, and one in HK, who offer such a service without the unnecessary (in most cases) additional cost of paying for product sourcing.

Walter

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
There are a handful of freight forwarders, a couple of them based in Europe, and one in HK, who offer such a service without the unnecessary (in most cases) additional cost of paying for product sourcing.

Walter

That's just how I do it. I like to utilise the sourcing service as well.

But, you make a fair point for people who want to source themselves.

db7903915

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Aug 8, 2014
Canada

Which sourcing services would you recommend?

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I would also like some recommendations on this as right now I do it myself but I would love to cut me from the equation on the next shipment.

FYI I'm US based if that matters.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You have to maintain a degree of separation in between your sources and your venues. You also don't ever want your supplier to understand exactly how much business you are doing in any one location. Not only is it none of their business, but you are the customer… Not Amazon.

The problem now is that Amazon is asking for your invoice proving that you purchased the goods when you open up tickets on missing items. So they are getting direct information about your supplier now.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
The problem now is that Amazon is asking for your invoice proving that you purchased the goods when you open up tickets on missing items. So they are getting direct information about your supplier now.
I'm pretty sure that Amazon don't mind at all if you blur out the manufacturer's name, address, and the cost. They just want a little extra proof.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

So you ship in 100, they say you shipped 95, you file a claim, and they say "prove you bought 100?"

I don't get it. In that scenario they ask you to send in purchase documentation from the factory?

Most of the proof requests I have heard of thus far was with questions on item authenticity.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So you ship in 100, they say you shipped 95, you file a claim, and they say "prove you bought 100?"

I don't get it. In that scenario they ask you to send in purchase documentation from the factory?

Most of the proof requests I have heard of thus far was with questions on item authenticity.

It only happens I think when the missing amount is huge. Like I ship them 100 and they are missing 80. Which seems to happen every week now at ONT8. They owe me a thousand dollars almost every 4-5 shipments.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm pretty sure that Amazon don't mind at all if you blur out the manufacturer's name, address, and the cost. They just want a little extra proof.

I blur out the prices. But if I blur out everything I might as well just make up stuff. Basically you send them a piece of paper that says 100 - widget XYZ and everything else is blank. I'll try that on the next one though. But it happens so much to me that I have my blurred invoices saved for each order lol.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
I blur out the prices. But if I blur out everything I might as well just make up stuff. Basically you send them a piece of paper that says 100 - widget XYZ and everything else is blank. I'll try that on the next one though. But it happens so much to me that I have my blurred invoices saved for each order lol.
Lol.

Yeah, I agree it makes no sense at all, but that's Amazon for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.