The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shall i study or shall i focus more on business idea?

Idea threads

What should i do, 16 year old?

• Study

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Follow business idea ( advertising agency)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Shut up and suicide

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

raj163622o

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 13, 2022
All my relatives, my parents are pressuring me to study. I am in 11 th standard. 16 year old. I am quite passionate about my business idea. And i am devoting quite alot of time in it. Hence im getting worse and worse in studies. My parents tell me to get a college degree first than Do wht ever. But i think it like this , she probably will take a debt to pay for my college fees as she obviously is pressuring me to study to get the best college, means most expensive college. On the other hand i don't want her to invest so much in me, because i am not confident that i can ever make it in Subjects. Shall i study first and then go for my business ? I have started advertising agency i started cold emailing and cold calling, have a website. BUT STILL Haven't been able to put as much effort as i should, because i just cant poke my head in it, reminds me of My maths test and then i start to study than i would feel like sleeping because i hate that damn subject so i would procrastinate both of em. I really gotta have 1 aim .
Please help me i really neem guidance. I am going to be honest i dont know if i will ever succeed in building a business, But i sure wanna give it a go at young age

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
In "Rich Dad Poor Dad" there is one of the possible answers to this problem.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I am quite passionate about my business idea. And i am devoting quite alot of time in it. Hence im getting worse and worse in studies.

One of those does not equal the other.

I'm a Ph.D. student. I also started a business idea at the beginning of this month. I have a 4.0 in my studies, and my new idea is about to cross $3,000 in sales for its first month of operations. The point is, it doesn't have to be a this OR that choice if you really want both.

At 16, you've got a LOT of time ahead of you to figure shit out.

A couple of thoughts immediately come to mind:
  1. You can always do college later.
  2. You can always start a business later.
There is no wrong choice. There is only the choice you choose.

Nobody here can tell you where that choice will lead you.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
School takes like 5 hours per day. Stop procrastinating, playing video games and scrolling on social media. Just work on your business after school and only drop out when you're making good profit consistently. Most people started their businesses while working a 9-5 job with an hour commute and having other shit to do besides work so you have no excuses

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
I really gotta have 1 aim.
study or business? damn.

so what will you ask when you have a job working 40h+ a week?

job or business? damn.

then you dont have the opportunity to quit your job because of debt.

recap:
so you will wait till you finished studying and then after work you wait till you out of debt.
you running in a wheel.

do both.
you cant win if you focus one.
you have right now more time than anytime else in your whole life with a lot less obligations.

read what i posted in your other thread and start doing what others wrote there.

i think you are just procrastinating and searching for excuses.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Why not do both?

I study and do the business. Sometimes the scales tip one way or the other but you have to bring it back to the center.

Do you have someone you can confide in with this type of thing?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
All my relatives, my parents are pressuring me to study. I am in 11 th standard. 16 year old. I am quite passionate about my business idea. And i am devoting quite alot of time in it. Hence im getting worse and worse in studies. My parents tell me to get a college degree first than Do wht ever. But i think it like this , she probably will take a debt to pay for my college fees as she obviously is pressuring me to study to get the best college, means most expensive college. On the other hand i don't want her to invest so much in me, because i am not confident that i can ever make it in Subjects. Shall i study first and then go for my business ? I have started advertising agency i started cold emailing and cold calling, have a website. BUT STILL Haven't been able to put as much effort as i should, because i just cant poke my head in it, reminds me of My maths test and then i start to study than i would feel like sleeping because i hate that damn subject so i would procrastinate both of em. I really gotta have 1 aim .
Please help me i really neem guidance. I am going to be honest i dont know if i will ever succeed in building a business, But i sure wanna give it a go at young age
Why is the third option suicide??????

G

Guest116255

Depending in what country you reside, college is only worth pursuing if you are looking into a STEM major. Sure, there might be a major or two out of STEM which might get you a job (which allows you to fund your business) but considering your mothers debt is a problem then it might be best to choose a degree which you know will serve you well.

I cannot make decisions for your mother, however I can tell you that most children do not get their higher education paid for. If she is willing to do that for you, and you do not mind the field you are in, I wouldn't see a reason to leave. I would only leave college if you are in a career which has very high unemployment (or opportunities) or if you are in a STEM field but you are unsatisfied with what you are doing. Because as hard as a field like mechanical engineering might be (this is an example), if its something you truly enjoy then I would not see a reason to leave college.

FastlanerDoer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 19, 2022
Indonesia
School takes like 5 hours per day. Stop procrastinating, playing video games and scrolling on social media. Just work on your business after school and only drop out when you're making good profit consistently.
True, this is what I do right now and my plan. I’ll do the minimum amount of work just to pass and the rest of the time work on the business. Don’t waste time with useless activities that isn’t directed at your goal and purpose, make 100% of your life directed to your purpose and goals. Do the work on the business till you make big huge profits and you could show your family and parents about it then they’ll stop pressuring you to keep studying on school when you yourself can make a lot of money yourself.

Just always stack the business work on top of the school work. Everyday coming back from school just do the business work you gotta do, and study the bare minimum just to pass or get through your parent’s expectation. There’s no excuse to not work on your entrepreneurship goals when you’re young because you have a lot of time. Sure maybe some of that time is going to be taken away from studies and school but you still have time everyday to do your entrepreneurship goals after you go home from school and do homework.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.