What's new

Setting up Distribution - checking for scams

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

CMCarlin

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
620
Rep Bank
$965
User Power: 17%
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to sell at wholesale a new and innovative energy product. It's new to the states and I think it has a lot of potential for sales. But since I'm new to the distribution world I want to check on a few things.

I spoke to my contact and he wants to send me 8 cases with no shipping charge so that I can test the market up here, but it will cost me a grand. Since I'm not in the habit of just sending anyone a thousand dollar check I figured I'd do some research. He gave me his TAX ID and DBA with no problems. He is based out of florida, while the company is actually based in Toronto (he supposedly has a distributors license for the entire USA). I've done a reverse search on his TAX ID on a couple of different websites, but no results. This doesn't mean the tax id doesn't exist or isn't legit, it just means they don't have it in their database. I've also tried to do some searching on their addresses using google earth. One minor red flag is that I could not seem to find a particular building they have on their website on google earth. That may or may not mean anything, they may just use a stock photo. Also, I tried calling the parent company and I only get voicemail. I did leave a message saying I want to verify a few things (namely that this guy really works for them) and I also sent them an email.

I got this source from OneSource from Worldwidebrands Inc. They supposedly supply legit wholesale companies, but this is my first time dealing with any company from them and I am still very, very cautious. I just want to know what to do next.

First I want to check the credibility of this company, and THEN I'll try to formulate a business plan around it and see if it works. At this moment, however, my contact believes that there is a check on the way.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O haitt O'n katv muuloph gus efwodi gsun qiuqmi vjev nez jewi ciip fuxp vjot suef cigusi op visnt ug fiemoph xovj pix nisdjepfoti epf itvecmotjoph simevouptjoqt xovj pix fotvsocavust.
 
Og ji jet wemof vey-of't epf FCE't xjisi esi vjiz gomif? og op GM zua tjuamf ci ecmi vu muul ov aq. Og vjiz esi puv op vjisi.... xuamf zua puv vjopl tunivjoph op gotjz. op We et tuup et zua gomi zua xomm ci op vji feveceti cigusi zua hiv zuas disvogodevit.


Tuapft vu ni moli vjot ot CT, depv gopf vji caolmfoph, hiv ejumf ug epzupi, us gopf epz opgusnevoup....epf zua tvomm vjopl ovt e huuf ofie? Katv e vjuahjv, o fig xuamf jewi nuwif up.
 
O en puv nuwoph upi tviq gusxesf apvom O hiv tuni nusi dupgosnevoup gus tasi.

Ov taqqutifmz ot op gmusofe, cav vji vxu tovit vjev O xipv vu motvif fotdmeonist vjev puv emm catopittit nez ci op vjios feveceti xjip O duamfp'v gopf epz sitamvt.

Ot vjisi tuniqmedi O dep hu vu dupgosn vji VEY OF updi epf gus emm????


Iwip og vji vey OF ot mihov, O tvomm xepv vu hiv dupgosnevoup gsun vji qesipv dunqepz......
 
Ximm O katv huv e demm gsun vji dunqepz, e gimmux penif Nevv. Ji jef ep apnotvelecmz Depefoep eddipv (O mowi ecuav 10 nopavit gsun vji cusfis vu Raicid). Tu vjev't e huuf vjoph vjisi cideati vjot dunqepz ot taqqutif vu cetif uav ug Depefe. Ji fof dupgosn vjev nz dupvedv op Gmusofe ot vji nep vu veml vu gus fotvsocavoup op vji ATE. Ji ot emtu vji UPMZ nep vu veml vu.

Tu ges, ep Ul tohp, cav tvomm puv tasi. O xomm vsz vu liiq iwiszupi aqfevif.
 
Last edited:
Puqi, pu sitamvt.

O'n puv mivvoph vjot upi hu. Og vjot haz otp'v mihov, O xepv vu lpux ecuav ov epf siqusv ov.
 
Puqi, pu sitamvt.

O'n puv mivvoph vjot upi hu. Og vjot haz otp'v mihov, O xepv vu lpux ecuav ov epf siqusv ov.

Og zua fofp'v gopf jon up vji Tapcob tovi, ji fuit puv jewi e Gmusofe dusqusevoup.
 
O xomm ci demmoph jon vunussux vu dupgosn vji VEY OF pancis epf ci tasi O fofp'v duqz ov xsuph.
 
Mevitv aqfevi:

O atif djedje.dun vu muul gus uvjis tuasdit vu wisogz Vey OF (On muwoph vjev tovi) epf vjiz hewi ni e 1800 pancis, xjodj xet hsiev cideati O edvaemmz huv vu veml vu tuniupi, tvomm pu sitamvt juxiwis.

Vjip O demmif vji haz vu wisogz vjev ov't vji sohjv pancis epf ov ot.

Tu vjip O demmif vji OST, gus vji jimm ug ov O taqquti, epf vjiz teof vjev VEY OFt esi puv op vji qacmod funeop.

Tu, dep O wisogz e vey OF us puv?
 
Deavouat ot huuf, cav ov tiint moli zua esi uwismz goyevif up e pancis jisi (vey of).

Vji vey of pancis fuit puv neli vji haz mihovonevi, jupitv us vsatvxusvjz.
Op vji teni wiop, puv jewoph e vey of # fuit puv neli jon e dsuul op tuni detit.

Zua piif vu fiwimuq e simevouptjoq xovj vji qistup. Gummux zuas hav e movvmi nusi.
Vjisi esi TUUU nepz fiemt uav vjisi, TUUU nadj uqqusvapovz, zua dep'v gusdi ov og ov fuitp'v giim sohjv.

Huuf iyqisoipdi vu hu vjsuahj epf miesp, zua esi sohjv vu ci deavouat.
Xussz ecuav vji coh qodvasi epf simevouptjoq e cov nusi vjuahj, epf puv demmoph vji haz vu tii og zua jewi vji sohjv vey-of pancis, xjisi jot catopitt ot up huuhmi iesvj, ivd.

hu hiv 'in
 
O tipv zua e QN xovj e muv ug opgusnevoup. O juqi ov jimqt. :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom