The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO + SaaS = Trust the process?

Should I continue growing the site?

• Total voters

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Today is Saturday but that doesn't mean I can't make progress. The competition doesn't sleep I guess.

Day 15/100
  • published 3 new articles
  • improved the structure of the site
  • updated the homepage and linked to subtopics

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Day 17/100
  • published a new article
  • minor improvements to the tools
  • analyzed data to get ideas for new articles

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
currently only publishing one article per day because I increased length of the articles. I feel google likes it more when different aspects of a topic are covered. I personally don't like it in the SERPs when I land on a long article and have to look for the information within it but I guess that's what Google prefers and so we have to play along as webmasters.

I'm also looking into paid ads again at the moment, so not spending to much time on the page. Just one article a day to keep the growth trajectory.

Day 18/100
  • published one new article

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I have seen a lot of pages are now around position 10. Is it normal to have such clustering between the first and second page. It feels like google is testing if my pages are good enough for the first page or not. Any good ideas to push it up a bit? I'm just imaging the traffic I will get when they are finally on page 1.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
I have seen a lot of pages are now around position 10. Is it normal to have such clustering between the first and second page. It feels like google is testing if my pages are good enough for the first page or not. Any good ideas to push it up a bit? I'm just imaging the traffic I will get when they are finally on page 1.
Are you building links?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Are you building links?
Not yet. It started essentially as an experiment to see if you can rank and get traffic without any links. However, I feel now it's time to build some links too. What's the best way to build my first links? I thought about having some linkable content like infographics and then running some paid ads for it. Does it work like that?

Just checked my site in semrush (it's possible to check 10 sites for free per day) and it looks already super exponential. Real traffic is almost 3k per day so the 856 estimate is a bit off though.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 14.29.15.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site reached a new high ... it's crazy how predictable the performance is. Never seen this on any other channel. With social and other channels it's always a big mess and fluctuations. Here it's just a smooth ride. 5.5k/day now.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 11.39.34.png

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
The site reached a new high ... it's crazy how predictable the performance is. Never seen this on any other channel. With social and other channels it's always a big mess and fluctuations. Here it's just a smooth ride. 5.5k/day now.

View attachment 44139
Nice job it just keeps climbing! How old is the site?

PS. The estimate isn't that off with SEMrush even when it always is a bit because that purple line is impressions, not traffic. Anyways, when impressions grow, so does traffic.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Nice job it just keeps climbing! How old is the site?

PS. The estimate isn't that off with SEMrush even when it always is a bit because that purple line is impressions, not traffic. Anyways, when impressions grow, so does traffic.
It's now 130 days since the first impression. I don't think time is a very important factor though. The old saying that SEO takes 12-24 months is probably some BS invented by SEO agencies to keep their clients longer while doing nothing ... when I see "seo case studies" were the graph is going sideways than I'm thinking who is paying for that.

Also it doesn't make any sense: Let's say you have the best content for a topic ... why would google wait 2 years to rank it? Completely illogical and it seems most things google does are actually based on logic. Opposed to how most other companies operate. I guess that's why Alphabet is one of biggest companies in the world. As a proud shareholder I can't wait for the stock split.

The real bottleneck is how much excellent content you can produce and that is very time consuming. It takes 10-20x longer to write an excellent piece of content than an average piece of content. And that doesn't include the additions:
  • breadcrumbs
  • FAQs
  • images, infographics, alt tags ...
  • videos
  • tools
  • translations
  • canonicals
I'm not even on a good level I would say ... there is still 10x potential to improve. Have to go from ok to good, then to great and then to excellent. I manage to produce 1 piece of content per day and that's already really exhausting.

It's like a rabbit hole. Once I completed one piece of content there are 10 more ideas in my head. It is limitless.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
What I'm trying to say: I could have got the results much quicker if I would have known what I'm doing. But I guess that's the learning experience and valuable domain knowledge. In the chart you can see the site going sideways for 2 months or so, that's when I got demotivated and gave up temporarily. I could have pushed 10x harder and achieved much more in the same time frame.

Think like a stoic and do what you can control: Produce as much 1A content as you can and then let the machines do the work. (algos ranking the content)

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site hit 100k impressions in the last 28 days :)

Day 19/100

• Fixed all mobile usability issues (mostly content wider than screen caused by wide tables ... split them up into multiple tables and it improved appearance also on desktop a lot)
  • added a ton of FAQs - total is now over 500 and goal is to reach 1k
  • posted one new article today

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Wow, what a start to the week. Hit almost 7k impressions and average position improved a lot.
I guess there is a google update in progress. Google Analytics traffic is up 144% MoM.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 17.29.09.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Some weird things going on in my analytics today ... anyone seen this before?!?

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 17.51.24.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site is doing well, but I haven't worked on it for a few days. It is very hot here at the moment and it's hard to find motivation to continue the work. I'm also just so disgusted with the western world currently with all the BS going on. Perhaps I should go to asia or latam ... anywhere were I don't understand a word and what's even going on.
How do you handle this constant abusing of people who create value?
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 17.57.33.png

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
What exactly do you mean by this?
Well it's obvious to see that western societies fall apart piece by piece. Energy prices have literally gone up 10x in the last 2 years. Gas prices are higher during summer than last winter. Just terminated my place because it is obvious that utilities will be higher than rent next winter. And still politicians have the nerve to tell you how great green energy is.

80% of dollars have been printed in the last 22 months. That means everyone who worked before that for money got robbed of 80% of the buying power. How is that not criminal and f upped? Do we know that doesn't happened again?

The dumbest ideas get funding but real entrepreneurs get crushed by government regulation and BS. There is a mentally ill person sitting in the White House ruling the world. Then there is another psycho in the kremlin.

I don't know perhaps I should just buy a Harley and a tent and move on.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Well it's obvious to see that western societies fall apart piece by piece. Energy prices have literally gone up 10x in the last 2 years. Gas prices are higher during summer than last winter. Just terminated my place because it is obvious that utilities will be higher than rent next winter. And still politicians have the nerve to tell you how great green energy is.

80% of dollars have been printed in the last 22 months. That means everyone who worked before that for money got robbed of 80% of the buying power. How is that not criminal and f upped? Do we know that doesn't happened again?
Oh, I see.
Yes, unfortunately the economy goes up and down. Humans have a bad habit of messing things up.

Let's prepare to the best of our abilities for what's to come, and let's be thankful that we won't starve to death due to food shortages. Other people in some regions of the world won't be that lucky, so let's try to work hard and make the best of what we have.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Oh, I see.
Yes, unfortunately the economy goes up and down. Humans have a bad habit of messing things up.

Let's prepare to the best of our abilities for what's to come, and let's be thankful that we won't starve to death due to food shortages. Other people in some regions of the world won't be that lucky, so let's try to work hard and make the best of what we have.
The economy is the one thing. But we have to stop putting dumb, incompetent people in charge. Why is there a labour shortage, because most managers are dumber than dumb and nobody likes to works for a dumber person.
  • The guy in the white house can't say a straight sentence ... not even when he reads from the teleprompter. It's a clown show.
  • In Europe half of defense ministers are women without any military experience or knowledge. Just because ...
  • Half of health ministers are morbidly obese or alcoholics
Like literally nothing is working in the west. You can't even go to a restaurant anymore because they don't have people and it's literally faster to cook your own steak at home. It's ridiculous.

I just want to live in a proper functioning society. Where can I find it?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I just want to live in a proper functioning society. Where can I find it?
We will have to build it ourselves. ;)

I understand you, your points are very valid. It's best however to focus on what we can do to help ourselves and to help others. It's the best strategy we have. Just because it's the best strategy it doesn't mean that it will work. But there is no better alternative.

Keep pushing hard with the website, looking forward to seeing your amazing progress :fire:

Take care my friend!

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
We will have to build it ourselves. ;)

I understand you, your points are very valid. It's best however to focus on what we can do to help ourselves and to help others. It's the best strategy we have. Just because it's the best strategy it doesn't mean that it will work. But there is no better alternative.

Keep pushing hard with the website, looking forward to seeing your amazing progress :fire:

Take care my friend!

I'm doing the best I can. I'm in the best shape of my life. Working out 4-5 times a week. Today I did a selfie for the first time and was shocked how slim my face looked. lol. I'm not the guy that looks 10x a day in the mirror.

I'm in a relationship with a very intelligent person.

Have no addictions, no debt and completely healthy.

So I'm doing my part. The only thing that annoys me is this massive stupidity and robbery that is going on.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The average position is still increasing. I'm quite sure there was a google update recently.
Last week it was below 20 and now we're currently at 14.6. That's insane ... CTR is higher as well.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 15.48.32.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site hit 7k impressions yesterday. It is still growing, but I can't work on it currently. I have another project I need to take care of first. But I'm definitely not giving up on the site! It's interesting to see how SEO is really "passive" in a way.

Also the average position is getting better and better. I've noticed that google is ranking some keyboards better and some are just dropping out of the top 100. Which is fine, too, I guess.

I still have a lot of anger in me, but working helps. It's a bit like meditation. I love to focus on a hard problem till I figured it out.

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 16.28.34.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.