What's new

SEO Resurrecting my Website

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

SES93

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
May 23, 2016
Messages
16
Location
Minnesota
Rep Bank
$120
User Power: 44%
I created a subscription based business (website) in my 20s which took off. Eventually I had over 55,000 members throughout US and Canada. My business was earning well over 6 figures. My website was penalized for keyword stuffing; this was back when Google's rules were changing daily and you never knew what what was black hat or not. Back then my small-time web design/host company performed all the keyword SEO for me. I went from page 1 in organic searches to page 10. My business died and I went back to school.

Fast forward many years: I have a new professional updated mobile friendly site but no cash-flow to sink into advertising. The SEO game has changed! I'm focusing on my WP blog which is a part of my website. I hired an SEO company to create the blog and it looks great but they turned out to be too unreliable to work with.

Progress in the 1.5 weeks I've been on this forum:

1. Took control of the WP blog, obtained the password from the SEO company.
2. Obtained several plugins such as, Share This social media buttons, Yoast SEO, follow us buttons
3. Wrote a new blog post and published it making sure it was SEO green lighted
4. Created a LinkedIn company page and updates
5. Began posting on Twitter again increasing followers by 20. Almost to 1000 now :) small feat I know..
6. Added FB comments and removed template comments with a plugin, I had over 4,000 comments most of which were spam

Next up
I have to get into the php code and remove the "comments off" text from the home blog page. I can't figure out the permissions. Working on it.. (I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty in WP. I was an IS application support manager and loved documenting processes and tinkering with the sites we supported to see what they could do)
Go through some SEO tutorials and learn how to maximize my blog. I also have a lead on an H1B contractor who works at Best Buy Corp. with my husband in the IT dept. He has friends who are SEO experts and I may be able to work out some type of deal with them.

On to the next!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximm, huuf kuc tu ges. O'n puv e TIU iyqisv cav sidipvmz nz gsoipf fof tuni TIU up uas Siem Itvevi tovi epf xi tvesvif vu tii tohpogodepv onqsuwinipvt egvis ecuav e xiil.
Xi ati vjot qmahop xjodj fuit vji TIU djidlt gqs vji esvodmit jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/xq-nive-tiu/ emtu XQ Traossmz jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/traossmz-tiu/
Xi qutvif ev mietv 3 esvodmit qis xiil, veshivoph 1 (upi) lizxusf up iedj esvodmi. Atoph vji djuutip lizxusf ecuav 5 vonit op vji esvodmi tjuamf ci taggodoipv.
Emtu qez dmuti evvipvoup vu Huuhmi Xicnetvis vuumt epf ati Huuhmi YNM Tovineqt qmahop jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/huuhmi-ynm-tovineqt-w3-gus-rvseptmevi/

Ucwouatmz vjiti esi e gix vjopht gsun nz iyqisoipdi. O'n opvu xic fiwimuqnipv sevjis vjep TIU tu og zua hiv tvadl xovj epzvjoph vidjpodem op xusfqsitt, jov ni aq. Huuf madl & liiq aqfevoph at jisi ;)
 
Ximm, huuf kuc tu ges. O'n puv e TIU iyqisv cav sidipvmz nz gsoipf fof tuni TIU up uas Siem Itvevi tovi epf xi tvesvif vu tii tohpogodepv onqsuwinipvt egvis ecuav e xiil.
Xi ati vjot qmahop xjodj fuit vji TIU djidlt gqs vji esvodmit jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/xq-nive-tiu/ emtu XQ Traossmz jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/traossmz-tiu/
Xi qutvif ev mietv 3 esvodmit qis xiil, veshivoph 1 (upi) lizxusf up iedj esvodmi. Atoph vji djuutip lizxusf ecuav 5 vonit op vji esvodmi tjuamf ci taggodoipv.
Emtu qez dmuti evvipvoup vu Huuhmi Xicnetvis vuumt epf ati Huuhmi YNM Tovineqt qmahop jvvqt://xusfqsitt.ush/qmahopt/huuhmi-ynm-tovineqt-w3-gus-rvseptmevi/

Ucwouatmz vjiti esi e gix vjopht gsun nz iyqisoipdi. O'n opvu xic fiwimuqnipv sevjis vjep TIU tu og zua hiv tvadl xovj epzvjoph vidjpodem op xusfqsitt, jov ni aq. Huuf madl & liiq aqfevoph at jisi ;)

Hsiev qmahop tahhitvoupt :) Vjeplt gus zuas giifcedl Tnesvz!!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom